Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

T-REX 450X 3D EP Helicopter Kit

Well, I just placed my order for the new T-Rex 450X with the brushless motor/ESC. Got it from:

http://www2.tedani.com/product_info....roducts_id=376

$277 including shipping.

Now I hope this will be a popular heli so I can expect parts sometime this year []

I'll post pics and comments when I get the thing.

Erich

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: T-REX 450X 3D EP Helicopter Kit

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the link, after the fact. I also noticed it says OUT OF STOCK

Erich

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am considering this kit for my first Heli. Please let us know how it goes as soon as you can. It just looks like the best E-Macro Mini around. I am quite curious.
    Life is short. Fly hard and enjoy.
    Bud Wilkinson, RC-Xplanes, www.rcxplanes.com
    Mint Hill Hobby, www.minthillhobby

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Will Do.

I have been comparing close ups of both the Shogun 400 and the T-Rex... I had been considering getting the Shogun, until I found out about the T-Rex. I like the Raptor-Style collective mixing and belt drive of the T-Rex, plus if you noticed the Shogun uses a lot of plastic balls, where the only plastic balls I have found on the T-Rex are on the tail blade grips. Even the swashplate on the Shogun has plastic balls, and will wear out and require upgrading to an aluminum swash in the near future.

In any case, I will post pics and comments when I receive the kit.

I used to be skeptical about the use of electric, micro helis for primary learning. However, these new machines are more precise and have the control systems of their nitro brothers. The ability to fly anywhere, anytime, in near silence, allows almost unlimited practice time. I will evaulate the T-Rex as a learning platform as I build and test fly it. One thing is for sure, replacement parts for these little machines are well within most budgets.

Regards,

Erich

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Erich,

Please do keep us posted.

I am sure that there are many opinions out there as to the usefullness of these Micro helis. As many as there are people on this forum who have flown them. It just seems to me that the 450X has the closest resemblance of control functions as it's best big brothers in the nitro class. Just easier to deal with as far as their size and electric power friendlieness. I think these will give one an idea as to whether or not they wish to continue with helicoptors or not.

One question I have about the new generation of these micros is this. Have they done away with the uncorrectable nose raising tendencies in forward flight that the fixed pitch "Watt Not" in the G2 simulator has? Despite my best efforts at modification to that bird, it won't fly right when compared to any of the other helis in that simulator. Sure it hovers fine with constant tail rotor correction but just hovering gets old fast. I want to fly the darn thing, not just park it in the air. This has kept me away from this segment since the begining. The videos of the TREX seem to have it flying more like a heli should.

Good luck with your build and test flights. I look forward to your review and build tips.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hi. i've flown the hummingbird for a while and was interested in this new heli. as for the pitch up tendencies of micros, that is eaily fixed with a head stiffener and better blades (wood or composite.) FFF is easy with micros when slightly modded.
    Man\'s flight through life is sustained by the power of his knowledge.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

For $425 at helihobby you get the same kit with extras plus a receiver, head holding gyro , a 3 cell Lipo battery, and 4 servos. That is a good deal if you need the electronics too.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

http://www.flying-hobby.com/productShow.asp?id=451
    $335 for brushless setup with evenrything u need to fly but tx

ORIGINAL: Jerrykl720

http://www.flying-hobby.com/productShow.asp?id=451
    $335 for brushless setup with evenrything u need to fly but tx

What is the min radio one would need for this setup?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

They say: minimum six channels.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just got my T-Rex 450X kit today. Everything looks really good at first glance. I can't wait to dive into it tomorrow. Going to learn Chineese tonight first though. LOL.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I ordered my kit from Helihobby last week should be here by wednesday 11/17 and I have to say I will pay the extra and buy from a US company at least you don't have far to send back if their are parts broken or missing from box,also I am sure the shipping time is less for helihobby than from China.Also helihobby adds quite a few extras in their kit that are not there from other vendors.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just curious as I have never flown a helicopter but would really like to get one and learn some new things. Flying airplanes is great but I have always liked the complexities of helicopters.

I too was looking to learn on a Trex 450x. My question is what would the best motor be? (I have had Hackers for my airplanes) and the Lehner brushless would probably send the heli to the moon.

My biggest concern is, could I use my Futaba 9CAP PCM transmitter to fly this helicopter? I know I would have to smooth out the throttle gymbal (sp?) but that wouldnt really bother me flying an airplane.
    Steven Carroll
    AMA# 738035
    www.cafreestyle.com
    www.rcshowcase.com
    www.franktiano.com

\"The more you know, the more you know you don\'t know.\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I did not learn on the trex but I started with the fixed pitch Piccolo V2 because they are not as complex as a collective pitch and also I have many hours on the computer simulator to just learn how to hover the thing.On the helicopter you are always putting in movement on the sticks to keep the heli in the air,I don't know how hard it is to fly planes because I went to heli's from nitro trucks and believe me it was a real challenge to learn something like this after the simple world of nitro trucks.I would say ask allot of questions from people that know allot more than I do to find out I am still a rookie at this and there are quite a few more people with more knowledge about this than me.I am just giving a rookies point of view on how hard it has been for me.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well,
    I just built the majority of the TREX 450X kit and I must say that it is a very complete and impressive kit. For the money, this thing looks like a winner. While the instructions (both chineese and downloaded English) leave a bit to be desired for a first helicopter build, I am still very impressed overall with the kit. I am waiting on servos and the correct pinions for the E-Flight Park 400 Motor so it will be the end of the week before I get it in the air.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I agree I have built most of my Trex and the instructions leave much to be desired,especially when there are numerous steps to put something together like the main frame set up.This being my first build I am taking my time and going slow also I am painting the canopy and tail fins a different color,white just doesn't make it.But this thing is made well and looks like it will take some punishment.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Let's hope they don't get too much punishment.

We shall see soon enough I suppose.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Last Night I spent some quality time with my T-Rex 450X in trimming and trying to work out how to use the gyro. I got the JR G500T and found those instructions almost useless for a beginner as well as the 8103 instructions for helis in the gyro department. Initially I was beter able to control the tail with no gyro at all.

I am using a
    JR 8103a in Heli Mode. I smoothed off the throttle detents quite a bit.
    JR 610 6 channel Rx.
    JR G500T gyro. It is a bit big but I wanted to be able to graduate to nitro with no more equipment purchases.
    4= Hitec HS 55 servos.
    E-flite Park 400 w/9T pinion
    CC Phx 25

I did get the gyro to work after fiddling with it a lot. I still have a low understanding of how to set it but the reverse switch was wrong to begin with causing most of my problems as you can probably imagine. Right yaw more right input. Spins very fast on the ground. The screwdriver that came with it doesn't fit the travel limiting pot and there is no explaination of the servo Hi-Low switch at all. With the travel limiting pot unadjusted as the servo only seems to go just to the stops of the tail rotor travel now but the servo acts very odd when attempting to set this.

After all of the struggling to get set up for a newbe, I did get the T-Rex ballanced and hovering. DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN THE BLADE GRIPS. Let the rotorblades center themselves at speed. It is very responsive on high rates for the inside of my garage at 11:30 PM. On low rates I was able to initiate and maintain a reasonable 5 - 6 foot hover and then land after about 3 minutes or so. The helicopter seems quite solid and controlable save the gyro issues I am having. Collective, Cyclic and Rudder inputs are quite good and once up in a hover she seems very comfortable. The Park 400 has way more power than usable in the garage hover so it should be great outside. I had one issue with the inner section of the swashplate coming out of the bearing. I pulled the head off and cleaned the inner race of the bearing and outer lip of the detached swashplate center. Using a "T" pin I applied a small amount of Locktite here and pushed the pieces back together making certian that no Locktite got into the bearing. We shall ses if it holds.

The only remaining issue to work out for me is a 0.5" tail wag and drift to the right rudder input dirrection from the G500T gyro control. Trim adjustment has little or no effect on this drift. This is not very good for a high quality HH gyro and with the JR channel designation there is no channel to plug the remote gain adjust into except the gear channel which on the 8103 is an on-off switch. I am sure I have done something wrong. I tried one of my JR R700 Rx and plugged it into the Aux 2 channel as dirrected with no difference when adjusted. The instructions for the gyro indicate that the control horn may be too short or the servo speed may be to slow for proper control so I will look at those possibilities today.

If anyone has any experience with the JR G500T and 8103 with 6 channel Rx combo. I could sure use some help here.

Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I hope that you get the gyro problems worked out I am going to be using the Zoom Head locking Dual rate Gyro that came with the Heli and use my Eclipse 7 tx to control it since it plugs into the RX on the heli.I am still working on the body work and the painting of the canopy of mine I should have it all finished by Thanksgiving and then I will have something to be thankful for.Good Luck and happy flying.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks,
    I am searching as much about JR G500T as I can find out right now.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

errolw98,
    What battery are you using and was the motor hot after your flight?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Errolw98,You must not use trim adjustment with any HH gyro,put it first in non-HH mode and then adjust linkage so it hovers straight.Trim must be in center.If it drifts when You change to HH mode You must adjust it with sub trim if there is no screw in the gyro for that.I have no experience from G500T but i have one G6000T,one CSM 400 and two Futaba 401 in my nitro helis and this is in all HH gyros what i have the same.

I have T-REX too,it has:

JR 700 RX
    3xAlign 9g servos,tail 6g
    Align brushless KV 2800 with 13t pinion
    Align 25 A speed controller
    Futaba 401 gyro
    And BTW,I think I have same TX as You,itΒ΄s only here in Europe JR 3810 ADT
    I like T-REX,in my opinion it is better than Zoom/Shogun,i have both.Here is a pic from my T-REX with big brother:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ec89266.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	54.5 KB 
ID:	194788  
    JariN

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Skyhawknut,
    I am using the ThunderPower 2100 3S1P 10-12C w 15C peak discharge rate
    It has not been hot last night or one flight today.
    The flight today was the first full flight with charged battery. I also have a heat sink on the motor and both the battery and motor were barely even warm to the touch with F.MODE STNT 1 Throtle curve 100, 85, 75, 85, 100.
    I mainly just hovered and did some FF.

JMN
    I am still trying to determine if I am in HH Mode, (I believe so due to the tail servo slowly moving to one side while initialized and motionless) or in Rate Mode. Also I am trying to determine exactly where that is done. i.e. in the TRVL ADJ. for the channel that the Sens wire is plugged into or the GYRO SENS page of the radio. I am using no trim or sub trim on the tail and have no Revo Mix or Acc mix on.

The tail really starts to wag a lot in ff untill you add up elevator cyclic and return to hover. It is a bit hard to control like this but the charicteristics of the T-REX seem quite good even with this fault. I have a little triming work to do as I needed to keep up elevator pressure to hold a steady hover. aileron seems fine. I didn't use any trim there as I want to correct it with the linkage. I did a bit last night and need a bit more now.

Thanks for the help guys, I have a request in to Danny of JR here on the forum for a detailed explaination of the Heli, Gyro functions as they relate to my radio setup. Since all the parts are JR with the exception of the servos, we'll see if he can at least give some of us Heli newbies a good description of the various radio and gyro gain functions and settings. If anyone can he should be able to. I will post a link to that answer when I get it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Moe3754

I hope that you get the gyro problems worked out I am going to be using the Zoom Head locking Dual rate Gyro that came with the Heli and use my Eclipse 7 tx to control it since it plugs into the RX on the heli.I am still working on the body work and the painting of the canopy of mine I should have it all finished by Thanksgiving and then I will have something to be thankful for.Good Luck and happy flying.
    How is your Zoom Head Locking Dural rate Gyro working? I have the same one that came in a TRex all in one package from helihobby. So far I cannot completely tame its wagging tail. The gain is always either too high (oscillation) or too low (not holding).

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast