Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Shogun 400 Electric Heli - Pinion Gear Eflight Brushless 400 Motors

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Shogun 400 Electric Heli - Pinion Gear Eflight Brushless 400 Motors

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2004, 08:53 PM
cyberthreat
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shogun 400 Electric Heli - Pinion Gear Eflight Brushless 400 Motors

I just purchased the Eflight 400 Brushless motor for my Shogun/Zap 400. The problem that I am having is that the GEAR that was on the stock motor, had a larger bore. I was told that the OEM gear would not work, and that I needed a smaller bore. After further discussion, the 2.0mm 10T gear was recommended. I purchsed (2) of these 2.0mm 10T gears, and to my amazement, they do not work. The Gear slides on the pin/shaft no problem. I can spin it with my finger.. this can't be right. I'm not going to GLUE this bad boy on here.... HeliHobby.com says 2.0 and 2.3MM will work on the Eflight brushless motors.. My problem is that I purchased the 2.0mm (assuming the bore is smaller then the 2.3mm ??? or am I wrong) .... Now I'm stuck w/ 2 new 2.0mm 10T gears...

I need help... haha. My heli has NEVER had power since I got it.. it did for about 2 flights, that was it... I replaced the motor first (as I wanted brushless anyways), put a 25A speed control on it, but now I got NO gears.. anyone know where I can get the RIGHT gears? or what the RIGHT gears even are?

Thanks!
Old 11-18-2004, 11:47 PM
Jerrykl720

Default RE: Shogun 400 Electric Heli - Pinion Gear Eflight Brushless 400 Motors

http://www.like90.com/index.asp?Page...PROD&ProdID=14
Old 11-19-2004, 12:01 AM
cyberthreat

The link that you posted, sends me to another page where they talk about the gears also. They mention that they are meant to be glued on, and Loctite used to secure. I'm not sure what that means. It sounds like those gears are the same as mine. Do you know if the gears are supposed to be "pressed on" like the OEM gear? I assume I could "glue" these, but with what glue? just the loctite?

Thanks!
Old 11-19-2004, 07:07 AM
polstery

Loctite IS glue, you can use red which is found at any car parts store even home depots carry it.
Old 11-19-2004, 08:17 PM
cyberthreat

Great, found the glue.. and boy you are right. it is strong .... My problem now is that I have a damaged Tail rotor shaft.. Gawd Damn I'm starting to hate this heli.. any little nick here or there and you need parts.. several dollars a piece.. can somone direct me to some better solution for the tail rotor drive shaft and gear settings?? geezus..

Thanks!
Old 11-22-2004, 12:41 AM
ClemenTang

There's a steel shaft available which should last alot longer.

Clement
Old 11-22-2004, 12:50 PM
cyberthreat

I put in a new tail rotor shaft, just to find out that it shredded itself with the brushless motor. ahahahhaha.. this money pit.. Love the heli... Everytime I fly, its something new.. more money without even a tail strike.. go figure.. geez..

Thanks