Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

housefly vs other sub micro heli...need help

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

housefly vs other sub micro heli...need help

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 12:46 PM
fullscale
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default housefly vs other sub micro heli...need help

Going to buy a sub micro helicopter, have looked at the new housefly from megatech and sub micro bumblebee, but would like to get one that has a future, ie collective and 3d possible. i have a lmh corona and am very comfortable flying it in a small place but hard to do much more than hover in a 4ft by 4ft flight box with it. beside it kick up a lot of dust in the living room. looking for suggestions.

chris
Old 12-13-2004, 04:03 PM
warren52nz

Default RE: housefly vs other sub micro heli...need help

I have two of those although they were called XRB Dragonfly before. They are almost identical to the Hirobo Lama which is a tethered (has a cable) model. You can even substitute most parts between the two.

I've never owned any other helicopter model so I can't compare but from what I've read, they're easier to fly than most.

There's HEAPS of stuff in this forum about these if you look for "XRB" "x-rotation" "Dragonfly".
Although there's more than one kind of Dragonfly.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-13-2004, 08:26 PM
tnd2000

There is no sub-micro heli with CP that I know of.
Bladerunner was the only sub-micro I owned, 3 channels only. Hovers very well. Stay away thought, the rudder is on the left stick.
XRB dragonfly is bigger then bladerunner but smaller then honeybee. Likewise hovering is worse the bladerunner but better then honeybee.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:10 AM
fullscale
My Feedback: (2)

thanks for the help. i am looking at three different ones and trying to justify the difference in cost. the ones are the housefly...will not work with regular transmitter, the bumble bee by mia...works with futaba or what ever, can go brushless but the most expense by several hundreds of dollars, and last the heli-max rotofly...works with futaba but are you getting what you pay for in other words, to good to be true at around $300. looking for some more help to try and make a tough decision.

chris
Old 12-14-2004, 12:16 AM
rustler08-delete
Banned

just get a e-sky or a honeybee. or maybe a aero hawk
Old 12-14-2004, 11:03 PM
rickyblaze

I have the Hirobo XRB SR and you can't it for inside flying. Stable and slow or you can speed it up a bit. But slow and stable is what I use inside,too many obstacles