Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

the NEW 6ch Dragonfly 22a ccpm review

Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

the NEW 6ch Dragonfly 22a ccpm review

Old 01-24-2005, 05:14 PM
himagain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: the NEW 6ch Dragonfly 22a ccpm review

The crappy one came as mode 2 throttle left and I swapped it over, simple.... works well but I want to rid of it and to replace it with a decent tranny. I've tried everything to no avail. looks like i'll have to swap out the rx and get hold of a speed controller

Unless someone got a way round it

David
Old 01-24-2005, 06:11 PM
Rscoles

Hi
You will have no luck with the tranny. the ****e radio gear runs on a weird chinese setup, it might say 35meg but you will no way be able to use it with regular stuff!

afraid you will have to replace the reciever and install a speed controller

pain in the arse.
Old 01-27-2005, 05:23 PM
jeffjanchequer

Hi Rob. which gyro did you get in your 22A kit, if it was the GWS PG-03 how have you got it mounted now (working OK)
When I got mine it was flat on its back but only spun counterclockwise all the time.Thinking it was the trims or rear blade
adjustment and the gyro settings. trying to fly like this I ended shredding my tail rotor gears. While waiting for them come from
Skyline models I would like to make sure the gyro is mounted and setup right. Any information on this would be of help to me.
Jeff.
Old 01-27-2005, 06:04 PM
johnshort93

hi, i can not get the rudder to move when it is connected to the gyro. also where should the gyro be positioned? if you have any other tips or soloutions thay you have found could you please let me know.

john
Old 01-27-2005, 06:47 PM
chronus

send the gyro back.
Old 01-28-2005, 09:28 AM
Rscoles

Hello there
the giro on mine was mounted underneath the rudder servo on the tail! it was mounted with the writing showing on the bottom. I have mounted it at present on top of the rudder servo with the writing on one side. It does not matter if the writing is upside down as you can reverse the giro . The reverse button is on the giro. To make sure it works, move the heli tail from left to right, you will see the giro making corections to the tail servo. When i first flew mine it was acting on the wrong axis, so when i banked the heli the giro went nuts. But now is working ok. You will still need to fine tune it, and possibly revese the giro

hope this helps
Rob
Old 01-28-2005, 03:48 PM
chronus

if the tail dont work when plugged in the gyro will hardly work! send it back,these cheap things are likely to be broken from box, send back and get refund or replacement.
Old 01-28-2005, 04:28 PM
neweheliflyer

ORIGINAL: chronus

Yes customer service at hobbyjapan is there but not very useful,they are now saying they not responsible as only the resselr for walkera, but i have not recieved a reply since i ask what part do they play if someone get injured by one of these due to obvious design flaw that has been pointed out to them after they call it a design feature!.

You should contact the manufacturer if you think it is design problem, the resellers do not invlove in the design and production. So I think this is not their responsibility. I am a car dealer, the car manufacturer will responsible for the design problem, not the car dealers. So I think this should be the same.

I do not have this 22a helicopter, but I have a HB2 and the HB2 working great so far.
Old 01-28-2005, 04:46 PM
chronus

Walkera will not communicate,they will not reply, reseller is fully aware of problem so responsible if not make commitment to sort out or address,morally responsible is asking to much in this world, to knowingly have sex with some one when you have aids is a crime , to sell a chopper with faulty rotor head parts,be told about it, justify it and then say it a design feature could potentially be a crime,if not now then company like this will surely bring to our attention.
Company do not have warning on site re , using other motor for this heli. retailer tell me under no way to put more powerful motor in this heli.

Your names not jack is it? your answer sounds identical to the one japanhobby send me to the same question.
Old 01-28-2005, 04:49 PM
chronus

>>I am a car dealer, the car manufacturer will responsible for the design problem, not the car dealers. So I think this should be the same.<<

I think it was ford that had the exploding gas tanks,the cars were recalled(manufacturer is responsiblle).
imagine if a dealer after the recall sold one of these cars knowing it should have been recalled but sold it anyway, he becomes liable in my books and if that dont fit in with the way it is then thats the way it will be.
Old 01-28-2005, 04:52 PM
chronus

>>A car dealer<<

THATS the fact jack!

>>.lawsuit about the helicopter will be on the manufacturer, not the reseller. It is just like the car dealers and car manufacturer. If a car has problem, the customer will sue the car manufacturer, not the resellers / car dealer.<<
Old 02-23-2005, 11:37 PM
bunovaboost

Here is a bit of info that may be useful to everyone looking for parts for the Dragonfly 22A - 22D
I have done business with him several times and he is very good and very helpful
http://stores.ebay.com/Chan-RC-Hobby...eNameZl2QQtZkm
Old 02-24-2005, 05:32 PM
jeffjanchequer

If you are into your upgrades on your 22A you will find this is an excellent one. You can get an anodized aluminum swashplate of the Century Hummingbird, from Ebay. 911heroes. for about £22. or $42. Or you can buy it from, http://www.modelhelicopters.co.uk/ac...mmingbird.html for £27.99. or $53. (code number CNE259) As apposed to £65 or $124. for the original Hornet upgrade part. You will have to buy 5 X 3.85mm swash-plate linkage balls to replace the balls that come on the swash-plate for £3.69 or $6.99. I got mine from www.microheli.com (code number MH-021AL) The only thing you will have to fit is the antirotation bars, I drilled two 2mm holes into the servo mount frame (vertically) the same width as the pin on the swash-plate, then I glued two 2mm carbon fiber rod about 20mm or 3/4inch long into the servo mount. It looks and works great.
If any body can tell me how to put pictures on this page I will show the mods. Jeff.
Old 02-25-2005, 03:10 PM
ballsdeep

hello m8 i live in bromley kent and can u contact me about my helli im having bad problems it is a walkera 22a 3d and its in bits thanx gary
Old 03-04-2005, 05:44 PM
rctradertwo

I havent really read the post but i just ordered a 22a and the reason i did is because helihobby.com has every part you could ever want for tons of helis. mods and upgrades also. i have ordered from them about 10 times and everytime it has been perfect. really fast shipping and shipping is also a standard $4.50 which is nice. just thought i'd add my 2 cents
Old 03-04-2005, 07:02 PM
R-Rudder

Are there any alternative motors we can use on 22A?
Old 03-05-2005, 02:42 AM
chronus

It was recomended to me by japanhobby that not to put any more powerful motor in 22a or explosion of part is likely.
Old 03-05-2005, 06:35 AM
jeffjanchequer

You can go brushless, More power less power consuption. but you will need a brushless speed controler.Look at Hornet 2 parts and upgrades.
Old 03-05-2005, 08:36 AM
cameron33

Do you know if the CF tailboom sold by Chan-rc are the exact same as the original??? I orderd one from helihobby since they said that it matches the Hornet only its to short and diameter is to small.
Old 03-05-2005, 10:00 AM
jeffjanchequer

Hi, The CF boom is smaller than the Hornet 2 heli. If you want any parts for your 22A you must order for the Hornet 2, not for the CF.
I got the tail gear box upgrade from Dee Tee Enterprises to fit my 22A but by mistake he sent the CF upgrade and it was to tight to fit , so he replaced it with the Hornet 2 upgrade and it fits great. I have had a few Hornet 2 upgrade parts for my heli from different suppliers and they all fitted. I even replaced the swash plate with the upgrade one of the Hummingbird. It looks great and is less than half the price. if you want I can email a pictures of my 22A. Jeff.
Old 03-05-2005, 03:33 PM
R-Rudder

I wonder if a 360 motor would work?
Old 03-16-2005, 01:01 PM
slimee

Just got the DF 22A RTF version with the Provided Transmiter anyone has any idea what the switch on the top lefthand corner does?Been trying it by switching it and it seems to not do anything. Help!!
Old 03-16-2005, 02:14 PM
chronus

Havent you seen you neighbour running around in circles trying to work out why his garage door is going up and down.
Old 04-03-2005, 04:33 PM
electricpete

I have bought a Dragonfly but find that neither the tail rotor or the main rotor now work, they did originally. I intend rplaceing the rx package with a picoboard. Is it possible to see a picture of the rotor assembly, and is it possible to make it similar to a 22a.

Peter
Old 04-03-2005, 06:15 PM
oops

The switch on the top left hand side...

In one mode (not the 22a mode,) it activates one of the servo outputs... For a camera I imagine.

David..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.