Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Megatech HouseFly Rotor Head (blade) problem

Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Megatech HouseFly Rotor Head (blade) problem

Old 01-08-2005, 08:50 PM
Kasowitz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Megatech HouseFly Rotor Head (blade) problem

Well i figured out this happened because the screw that holds that rod into place wasnt even tightened at all ! im suprised it held as long as it did ! It seems like the person I bought this from on ebay set this thing up to crash. I should have tightened this screw before flying !
Old 01-08-2005, 09:06 PM
Kasowitz

Hmmmm.....Where does this piece go in relation to the gear and the rod ? Looking at the parts list diagram in the manual it looks like it goes ABOVE the gear ? This doesnt seem right though, and I cant tell by looking at my old pics of it. Any ideas ?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf97488.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	212401  
Old 01-08-2005, 09:16 PM
Kasowitz

Could someone please post a pic of their top blade assembly ? I want to make sure i have this in the right position. This is harder than I thought.
Old 01-09-2005, 11:55 AM
rocktrob

My housefly won't get off the ground, I have charged it 4 different times for 2 hours each time and it won't even get 2 inches off the ground and it won't stop rotating ( I adjusted yaw trim with no success) Could I have a defective battery or battery charger?
Old 01-09-2005, 12:39 PM
rocktrob

I adjusted my lower blades so that the assy is now directly over the splined part of the shaft and it is actually getting lift now. Do I need to super glue the plastic piece to the metal splined part? Also, mine doesn't want to move forward of backward very well, moves great side to side and yaw but not forward and backward.
Old 01-10-2005, 06:55 AM
humveecrusher

ORIGINAL: Kasowitz

Hmmmm.....Where does this piece go in relation to the gear and the rod ? Looking at the parts list diagram in the manual it looks like it goes ABOVE the gear ? This doesnt seem right though, and I cant tell by looking at my old pics of it. Any ideas ?

Kasowitz...if that piece has a set screw I think that it goes on the bottom underneath the gear. Otherwise it looks like the bearing for the bottom shaft. I'm at work and my hosefly is at home. If I remember the top blade has a spacer that goes on first, then the shaft goes down in.
Old 01-10-2005, 07:00 AM
humveecrusher

ORIGINAL: rocktrob

I adjusted my lower blades so that the assy is now directly over the splined part of the shaft and it is actually getting lift now. Do I need to super glue the plastic piece to the metal splined part? Also, mine doesn't want to move forward of backward very well, moves great side to side and yaw but not forward and backward.

Welcome rocktrob. After the shaft is centered on the slotted part, tighten the screws on that little collar by popping off the u-shaped link. This lets you rock the swash back and forth to get to the screws. Then put a little glue around the top. This will keep the main rotor from sliding back up if the screws loosen.
Old 01-10-2005, 12:07 PM
JohnY2004

Just wondering if a drop of Lotiite can be used over CA glue?
Old 01-10-2005, 02:37 PM
humveecrusher

ORIGINAL: JohnY2004

Just wondering if a drop of Lotiite can be used over CA glue?

Sure, why not. Anything like that could work. CA will just last a little longer and won't hurt a thing. It will loosen eventually anyway.
Old 01-10-2005, 04:44 PM
Kasowitz

Hmmm, If that is the case, then I have put it into the wrong place. I put it underneath the Heli, right above the gear. I will definatly need to see a picture of your top blade assembly...if you could please ? Now Im not sure at all where this piece goes.
Old 01-10-2005, 09:43 PM
bwanna

I think you have it correct, the bearing goes above the gear and fits into the body of the helicopter. Here is a picture of mine, you can't see the bearing, but it is above the gear. Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77225.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	204.5 KB
ID:	213386  
Old 01-10-2005, 09:47 PM
Kasowitz

Thanks, that is where I put mine back, glad to see I had it right.....Thanks a lot for your help !!! I didnt want to fly it until I was sure I had that bearing in the right spot. Thanks again!
Old 01-11-2005, 10:11 AM
humveecrusher

Bwanna, is that a dragonfly? If it is, how well does it fly?
Old 01-11-2005, 10:15 AM
humveecrusher

Kasowitz, sorry about not posting pics for you. I don't have a digital camera....imagine that...no cam...lol. How is it going? Any luck yet?
Old 01-11-2005, 10:28 AM
Kasowitz

humveecrusher, No problem at all! No luck yet, I have it all pieced back together, correctly I hope. I have been putting it off because I still dont have a good enough screw driver to get the 4 small landing gear screws back into place. After trying many times and dropping the screw many times I was getting very frustrated
Old 01-11-2005, 02:56 PM
bwanna

I'm not really an experienced pilot, but when it is set up good, I have had it hover for up to 5 seconds hands off! I thought that was pretty good. I only have a 6X6 foot space to fly it in my house, so I am mostly limited to short hovers and I haven't learned any foward flight yet. I had it about 20 feet up once in a warehouse where my brother works and I was so excited that I had to lad quickly before I lost control. I have had the copter since July and don't get as much time to play with it as I would like, but it has been fun so far. I spend almost as much time fixing the darn thing as I do flying it, but it still beats playing solitaire!!!!!
Old 01-11-2005, 02:57 PM
bwanna

Oh! and by the way, it IS a dragonfly!
Old 01-11-2005, 03:25 PM
JohnY2004

Get some spare bearings. The bearing being used at that location tends to wear out very fast. And check a screw that holds the maingear to the internal shaft(for the top blade) after every 5 flights. That screw becomes loose very easily and will cause slipping. I changed mine to 'hex' screw so it won't wear out as fast as using the phillis screw.
Old 01-13-2005, 02:43 PM
humveecrusher

Kasowitz...did you remove the main outer shaft?...and if you did...how did you get it off? I took mine apart last night but I just removed the inner shaft.
Old 01-13-2005, 02:45 PM
Kasowitz

No, all that came apart was the inner shaft. Outer shaft was still intact.
Old 01-13-2005, 03:39 PM
humveecrusher

Ok, thanks. I need to figure out how to get it off so I can replace the bearing. It seems a little sloppy. Mine has developed a slight pendulum circular like hover. Anyone experience this?
Old 01-13-2005, 03:45 PM
Kasowitz

humveecrusher ....was curious after reading some other peoples posts about the DragonFly, are you able to get Forward, Backward, Side to Side flight working with your HouseFly ?
Old 01-14-2005, 08:56 AM
humveecrusher

Yeap. Backwards works the best because of CG with the long boom. Forward works ok. It's not as fast at times but that's not a bad thing as I learn. I can get it to fly quite fast if I pop the throttle forward with practice. Side to side is the most sensitive. I have to be careful with the side inputs and move them very slowly. I haven't played much with the roll that much. All in all I'm having a great time flying my Housefly. Once you understand how everything works it flies pretty darn good. It's all a learning curve on making sure everything is set up right but once you get it set up right it flies great!
Old 01-15-2005, 05:09 AM
JohnY2004

ORIGINAL: humveecrusher

Ok, thanks. I need to figure out how to get it off so I can replace the bearing. It seems a little sloppy. Mine has developed a slight pendulum circular like hover. Anyone experience this?

If you remove that bearing and take a closer look, you'll notice it has worn out, the grease from the bearing has filled a cavity and a hub has separated and no longer could hold the tiny bbs in place. When that bearing can no longer hold the inner shaft at a perfect vertical position, the shaft will wobble at its own axis causing the pendulum circular effect.
Old 01-15-2005, 05:56 AM
humveecrusher

ORIGINAL: JohnY2004

If you remove that bearing and take a closer look, you'll notice it has worn out, the grease from the bearing has filled a cavity and a hub has separated and no longer could hold the tiny bbs in place. When that bearing can no longer hold the inner shaft at a perfect vertical position, the shaft will wobble at its own axis causing the pendulum circular effect.

JohnY2004, are you talking about the bottom bearing on the inner shaft or the top bearing for the outter shaft? I assume that there is a bearing on the outter shaft at the top. I didn't notice anything wrong about the bottom bearing. I didn't take the main outter shaft out to check that bearing...I couldn't figure out how to get the main outter shaft out. I do notice that the whole shaft wiggles a little which might indicate that the top bearing is wearing and as you say would explain the pendulum circular effect. Now, how do I remove the outter shaft? I didn't notice any set screw holding it on.

Thanks for your explaination of this effect. It does seem to be worse at times then others.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.