Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

CC P35 problem...

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

CC P35 problem...

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 06:15 PM
rusirius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CC P35 problem...

I have a CC pheonix 35A ESC in my T-rex... I'm having a bit of a strange problem with it though... I'm running a thunder power 2nd gen 3S 2100mAh pack. I have the ESC set for minimum voltage cutoff (4.0v), and overload protection is turned off... (Align 400L brushless with 13T pinion) No worries of overload, and I time my flights to keep the pack from getting too low...

Now here's what's happening... Every once in a while, almost seemingly at random my motor will suddenly "give out" on me.. If I'm in the air, I'll lose at least 1ft of altitude, and the tail will kick at least 90 degrees off.... It's already resulted in one crash, and fortunately the several other times it's done it I've been close enough to the ground that nothing was harmed...

Has anyone else had this problem? Is it something I'm doing wrong? BTW.. After it did it the last time, just to make sure I checked my pack... It was 11v unloaded... I just can't figure this out, the speed controller shouldn't be killing it at all, with the current settings, but something definately is...

Any ideas???
Old 02-11-2005, 11:21 PM
Jerrykl720

Default RE: CC P35 problem...

check the servo , because when u use 3cell on the cc35 is only good for 4 servos on the BEC( micro servo)
but if u use high torque only good for 3 servos!
I have the same problem on my shogun 's too !

Jerry
Old 02-12-2005, 01:32 AM
Mossie

Default RE: CC P35 problem...

This problem has come up many times. Its generally REALLY easy to fix.

Its an interference problem. The PH35 will "cutout" for a split second due to a glitch, this is a safety feature and most times you dont see any servo glitching just the cutout. First try rerouting the antenna way from the ESC and motor. Also twist the motor wires together. If this doesnt solve it The installation of a PCM receiver will definately fix it.

I also recommend installing a separate BEC such as a Super BEC to prevent power supply issues when running 4 servos and a gyro.