Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

3d electric heli??

Hi all,
    Need some help. Been reading and reading and now just confused. I have flown gas and nitro helis for some time and can do some of the 3d stuff. inverted, flips, loops. I am looking for an electric rc heli to play around with in front yard but I would like one that is capable of inverted hover and maybe some flips. Is there one that can do this? Not as important but I would also like to be able to use my Futaba transmitter instead of supplied radio but it appears most of these come with radio so maybe some are compatable with Futaba? Sorry for all questions but I really would appreciate some help.

Z

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: 3d electric heli??

yes

try rc-expert
    jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj
    j
    j
    j j
    jjjjjjj

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Get yourself a Shogun/Zoom or a Trex and go seperates (since u already have a TX... btw how many channels? You need at least 5). There are plenty of motor/battery combinations to make those 2 great 3D flyers (and with Trex being a bit bigger it will handle wind much better).

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks guys,

I have a Fut 7c for radio. What is good place to buy a trex? Also is the esky honeybee2 capable or not as good as ones you mentioned?

Z

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

There are lot's on eBay. Also rc-expert have them but the servos and batteries included are not good enough for the T-Rex.
    Have good experience with smart-r-c, hirobonut and 911 heroes on eBay...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hornet 2

Clement

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hornet 2, Zoom, and Trex are pretty much in a class of their own... Honeybee 3D is a cheap version of those and I haven't really seen anyone attempt to do hard 3D with it. Currently I own a Trex and I really like the fact that it's bigger (handles wind pretty well), belt driven tail (zoom is shaft), and the parts are pretty cheap... it is however on a heavier side so depending on your application you have to chose your seperates wisely (it's possible to get it down in weight by doing some inexpensive modding.. find more info under attached link)

http://www.runryder.com/helicopter/t151535p1/

But that's just me and since I do own a Trex450x I might be a bit biased :-)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The T-Rex is big and heavy enough to handle outdoor flight well.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

There's no way in the world I'd try rc-expert, or any other company shipping from China. Most of those companies are the same company, or related anyway, and if you have a problem, too bad.

So far, rc-expert has stolen my money, and I'm not very happy about it. Go with a company that ships from America, or somewhere other than China.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rcma...2570031/tm.htm

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey man it's too bad a few out of 1.3 bil stole your money but don't make it sound like the other 4.7 bil are all good guys. A firend of mine had a very bad experience from a nightclub in an European country, what do ppl think if I shout to the public not to patronize any in that country? Being called world (clone) factory there're shipments of all the ASP, Magnum, Dragonflies and ARF's, GWS's (if Taiwan if China) everyday and there must be some companies doing the delivery instead of pure theft business. Things could go wrong somewhere in the supply chain...

Clement

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Did I say the people were bad? No. I said buying from China and having it shipped over is unwise. That goes for ANY product, not just heli's.

A news show, I don't remember which one -Nightline - 20 20, something like that, just did a show a few weeks ago about how the antique trade where buyers buy from China and have the antiques shipped, is one of the biggest scams going right now. Something like 90% of the antiques bought from China were fakes, and the customers are left with zero recourse. Go do a search on eBay's biggest fraud problem right now - antique trade from China. Now search for the next biggest problem - item fraud for items bought in China.

Should we let this go, or should we talk about it and inform potential buyers of what might happen if they purchase from China. Would you let your friends or family members buy antiques from China off eBay, knowing that 90% are fake? Should I not say anything, lose my money, and let others go into the same situation in the blind, or should I provide others with the information that I've gathered and let them know the risks and make their own decisions?

My points:

1 - A good many of the rc companies based in China are the same company - I know this for a fact.

2 - If you have a problem and the company doesn't want to cooperate, you're out of luck.

3 - Some of the rc helis sold on ebay are very low quality, and you will have problems with them unless you get lucky.

I'm NOT saying all China based companies are bad. There are great ones, and they should be praised here in public. However there are shady ones, and when found, they should be exposed here in public.

For me, I'm planning on being part of the solution to the problem of fraud and dishonesty, not catering to it, and sitting idly by while it happens to other people.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

At least it's not China and the rest of the world but China. Sure sounds more precise and informative.

Thanks for elaborating.

Clement

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

bought an esky honey bee 2 from e bay today for $159 from a guy in indiana for less than i tried to buy one for from a guy in china who kept my money for a month and sent no product then gave me negative feedback after i gave him neg feedback this guy keeps emailing me requesting mutual withdrawl of neg but I'm standing on principle. I'll let you all know how the esky first flight goes. then i'm gonna make a bunch of aluminum parts for it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Jollyroger,

I bought my esky HB2 from the same guy in Indiana. It showed up today, but I haven't looked at it yet as I'm at work.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Now that we are all completely off subject; my first heli was a Dragonfly from China, it was a blast to learn with (although I do not recomend these little helis for anything more then hovering and slow flight). I have also bought small electronics from China and have been satisfied with them, other then ship times. However, I know plenty of people who have been burned. There are legitimate business people and crooks, and it is true that you have no ground to stand on whatsoever if a dispute evolves over an overseas purchase. Check feedback and hope to get lucky.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Get real.
    Have gathered up quite som experience now with asian sellers too. Most of it's good. The bad experience I've had was due to not checking out their ads good enough. Have had just as good service and no more problems that with US sellers.

Sure it's harder to complain but on the other hand the way you do it in the US is not really how the rest of the world does it. I don't need to be told by the manual not to change film or lens under water on my UW camera. I'm quite capable of understanding that myself I even more so I clearly understand that if I were to do it my warranty would not cover the damage.

They're not crooks it's a completely different culture and they do business. You can't expect to get stuff almost for free and still have them to cover any problem that might arise. If you cannot accept their way of doing business and that buying cheap products involves a higher risk then simply do your business at home.

I simply calculate a deal going bad every now and then. Still I've saved a lot compared to buying it all here.
    It's simple - less bucks - higher risk. Don't like risk - pay more...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

http://www.electric-scooters-motoriz.../honeybee2.wmv this is a 5 min video of the honey bee 2 3d ripping it up and yes its flying inverted and yes i do have one for sale on rc universe brian copy and paste the sight