Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

More honey bee 2 problems please help

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

More honey bee 2 problems please help

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 04:05 PM
Ge Force

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More honey bee 2 problems please help

I havent gotten one desent flight since oi got this helciopter and the wings.......... its been glued and taped many times... well when i try to fly it, it dosnt lift off the ground, because its actualy goin down, however when i pull the 3d switch it gots up , how do i fix this? iv tryed to switch teh blades with no luck
Old 02-19-2005, 01:02 AM
greenguts

Default RE: More honey bee 2 problems please help

ORIGINAL: Ge Force

I havent gotten one desent flight since oi got this helciopter and the wings.......... its been glued and taped many times... well when i try to fly it, it dosnt lift off the ground, because its actualy goin down, however when i pull the 3d switch it gots up , how do i fix this? iv tryed to switch teh blades with no luck
Old 02-19-2005, 01:18 AM
Ge Force

um thanks for the help? [&o]
Old 02-19-2005, 02:39 AM
pileit

check your swashplate to see if the lower half has separated from the upper half.If it has the blades will stay in negative pitch.If so,pinch the two halves together and see if liftoff is possible . Don`t dispair, there is a lot of knowledge out there, all ya got to do is ask---- i have,it`s helped me bunches.
Old 02-19-2005, 10:35 AM
rbiasi

You say it's pushing down? Negative pitch? What position do you have the 3D switch in? For normal mode it should be towards the back of the TX. And as pileit said, check if the swashplate separated.

Good Luck!
Old 02-19-2005, 10:46 AM
rbiasi

Also, did you change the setting of the servo reverser switches? Aileron and Elevator should be set to normal. Throttle and Rudder set to reverse. The manual has this wrong and says that all of the switches should be set to normal.
Old 02-19-2005, 04:16 PM
Ge Force

Also, did you change the setting of the servo reverser switches? Aileron and Elevator should be set to normal. Throttle and Rudder set to reverse. The manual has this wrong and says that all of the switches should be set to normal
well its in mode two so aileron and throttle are in normal while the other are in reverse

also you mean i must seperate these two? because they are togetther

all i wanted was to fly a helciopter mybe i shoulda got a FP helicopter its just that if i did get CP i would have to buy a CP honey bee which would of more money so i thought 'hey if im gonna buy a helicopter might as well be collective pitch, but now it wont fly [][][&o][&o].....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37569.gif
Views:	7
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	231637  
Old 02-19-2005, 04:44 PM
rbiasi

No, if the swashplate is still in one piece then it's Ok. A common problem with the Honeybee 2 is that the two pieces of the swashplate come appart (they are just press fit together). If they do separate the swashplate you usually lose lift. Do a search on Honeybee. You'll find a thread with pictures of the swashplate problem.
Old 02-19-2005, 05:21 PM
rbiasi

Another thing to try, disconnect the main motor and tail motor from the RX/controller. Now plug in the battery. With the throttle stick all the way down the main blades should be flat, zero pitch. As you raise the throttle you should see the swashplate go down and the blades should start to get positive pitch.

Also, what kind of battery pack are you using. My Honeybee won't get off of the ground with the 8.4v Ni-MH battery that came with it. But with 11.1v Li-Po batts it flys great!
Old 02-19-2005, 06:07 PM
Ge Force

I DID IT

well it turns out the upper black bade was on fliped backwards..................... lol silly me............... thanks for your help if i every have anymore problems i wil come to you guys for ur expertise....
Old 02-19-2005, 06:15 PM
rbiasi

Sweet! Have fun...
Old 02-19-2005, 06:17 PM
greenguts

are we all having fun yet. my wife has been waiting 2 days to see my new copter get off the ground.was the honeybee a bad idea? why should it be so hard. i cant even get high enough to even crash it. i have gone to dharge my 11 vt. batt. if that dont work ........... I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO. it does make a nice floor fan---greenguts
Old 02-19-2005, 08:15 PM
rbiasi

greenguts,

Have you tried increasing the throttle trim? To get the Honeybee to start up you have to have the throttle stick and trim all the way down, but mine won't lift off with the trim full down. What I do is give it a little throttle to start spinning the blades. Then I pull the throttle trim up to about full. Now the bee will lift off at around 3/4 stick. Give it a try. Hope that works...
Old 02-20-2005, 09:21 PM
FlyHeli

I have had so many problems with my HB2. I am tired of it. I like my FP aerohawk better and it is way easier to fly. The Rpm is just so high on the HB2 that evertime that I crash it it breaks my Rotor Head set and I have gone through 2 so far. This is alot of trouble and I am going to sell it. So if anyone wants I will post a listing for it soon. I have extra parts to. Like an extra tail motor, extra set of trainer baldes, 2 rudder blades, 2 li-poly batteries. I am in the process of taking all my electronics on the Aerohawk and putting it on the XR-1 Body, because it is about the same. Someone let me know if they are interested

-B
Old 03-13-2005, 02:02 AM
jolllyroger

I'm interested. Got any pics and how much were you thinking?
Old 03-13-2005, 02:04 AM
jolllyroger

oops forgot email [email protected] there are 3 L's in that
Old 03-13-2005, 04:55 PM
FlyHeli

Sorry Jolly Roger, But I listed in the Classified here on RCuniverse and got offers that were no GOOD as I was already losing $$$. So I listed it on Ebay and it sold already. SORRY