Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Dragonfly 22D Update

Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Dragonfly 22D Update

Old 02-20-2005, 02:10 PM
Flyer88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dragonfly 22D Update

Hey guys! After reading all the postings I thought I would share my experience with my 22D.

I soon realized that the bird is not setup very well out of the box. So I recommend you go over it with a fine toothcomb and adjust things like.

Main gear mesh: I was told by a local heli pilot to use a piece of paper and slide it between the main gear and the tail gear. This would ensure enough backlash.

Motor: Make sure your motor is in good contact with your main gear but not too snug. When you have the proper amount of tension on the gear it will spin the gear freely and without strain.

I took my servo rods and modified them so I could infinitely adjust the swash plate to whatever position. I used Micro Flyer rod connectors and rebent some wire to fit?? Or what ever they are called. Undo the screw slide the wire up or down to adjust the swash, it works very well.

Upgraded Parts and parts replaced:

Main gear
Main gear shaft
Main blades (went to weighted carbon)
Upgrade to a Piccolo blade stiffener (mounts perfectly)
Relocated my battery under the receiver in the canopy. Fits perfect like it was made for it.
Re-balance the Heli with reference to the main shaft using a small tire weight on the tail.

I'm waiting for a new receiver to arrive it just didn't want to work one day?? Didn't even twitch the servos when I powered the thing up...DEAD ??

I found a good guy who is very helpful and stocks all DF22d parts. Josh is in Bozeman Montana and his company is called Birddog Distributing 406-582-0633. Check him out and support him if you can, because the guys in Japan have no clue!

Happy flying. Keep posting good news and I'll keep reading and learning more DF22D tricks!