Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

New Shogun 400 tailrotor problem

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

New Shogun 400 tailrotor problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 08:36 PM
flyboyrc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Shogun 400 tailrotor problem

I have a Shogun 400 heli and I cannot make the tail rotor work correctly. Even with full rotor deflection in the correct direction it is still spinning with the main rotor. I cannot get any more deflection out of the tail rotor and it will not stop it has slowed down but I cannot get it to stop. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Old 04-11-2005, 09:46 PM
wldcwbypilot

Default RE: New Shogun 400 tailrotor problem

your gyro is reversed or the gain is too high.
Old 04-11-2005, 10:18 PM
flyboyrc

I will try that but I made sure that I installed the gyro as per the manufacturers instructions.
Thanks wldcwbypilot
Old 04-12-2005, 10:07 AM
ClemenTang

Shift tail rotor hub toward end of shaft to maximize throw.

Clement
Old 04-12-2005, 10:38 AM
Grade-A
My Feedback: (1)

If Your chopper is moving with the blades, then it is moving against the torque. This means that you have to much positive pitch in the tail rotor blades. You must reduce the pitch to allow the choper to go with the torque and only offset it enough to stop the movement. Check that the blades on the tail rotor are correctly installed and moving in the proper rotation. Clockwise or counterclockwise as per the instruction. You must also insure that you do not have any drag in the drive system the will cause the choper to move in the wrong direction. Check your gear mesh to see that it is not to tight. It is still possible that you have the gyro in the reseversed position. Hope this helps. I feel that in most of these cases there is drag somewhere in the drive system. Grade-A (rotorhead)
Old 04-19-2005, 09:39 AM
qtip67t

I am having a different problem with my tail rotor. My tail rotor gearbox is twisting and trying to spin itself off the tail boom. [] I have tighten the screws and last night it twisted again and now had a sudden stoppage. I have to now replace the tail rotor output shaft, it got bent. I have the beveled gear setup on order now. I am thinking of putting on thin doubled sided sticky tape on the boom and remounted the tail rotor gearbox back on to see if that will stop the issue.
Any ideas?
Thanks

John