Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Bought Another 22d

Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Bought Another 22d

Old 04-23-2005, 10:35 PM
predman
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bought Another 22d

yes i bought another 22d,theres nothing wrong w the one i did my mods to just had to have another. This time I thought i would leave the shaft driven tail(at least till it gives out) I took out of the box,put in my 11.1 lipo and started her up,just spun in a counterclockwise circle. So I took the servo arm off, and centered servo, put back on and hovered very well with no problems,servos didnt twitch,very stable!!! So I decided to change the servos to better ones(any are better than the stock ones)fried my esc doing that,oh well I had a spare,put on a honeybee2 motor,adjusted the tail servo by putting the control rod in the center hole on the arm. Went outside and boy does this thing rock!!! I know this heli has a bad rap but once everything is set right on it it flies like a champ!!! I really dig this design so I had to have 2. Pobably will end up buying another as a spare I have a problem I have to have 2 of evereything.
Old 04-23-2005, 11:36 PM
oops

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bought Another 22d

To improve operation...

Don't forget to install a positive thrust bearing in the main shaft between the gear and the lower shaft bearing.

A thin sleeve approx 1/10th inch (just under actually - 2.25 mm was my guess) will do it.

Then the tailshaft gear isn't supporting the thrust from the main rotor.

This was a significant design flaw on the Walkera 22A model. I imagine the 22D has the same problem.

Regards
David