Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Do you fly electric and what is it?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Do you fly electric and what is it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2002, 10:42 PM
Scotty740

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you fly electric and what is it?

I just did my test flights on my LOGO 20 and it is a really sweet machine. I know several others here that fly electrics so lets get something started to spread the word here.
Old 10-06-2002, 03:27 AM
twguns

I fly both a Voyager E and a Joker...

both fly very well considering what their "mission in life" is...

the Joker is absolutely awesome and certainly one of the top line helicopters, wet or dry... The MFS head design (shared with the Henslit line of helis) is the key to this superbly engineered machines flying capabilities... It is clean, quiet, powerful, and unfortunately, reasonably expensive...

E-helis are really pretty cool...
Old 10-06-2002, 01:05 PM
rscamp

I learned to fly around on a converted 21-cell Shuttle ZXX last year. I still fly it but I got a Logo 20 in the Spring. Probably have close to 100 flights on it. Pretty darn good heli but not inexpensive. The precision of the mechanics is obviously superior to the Shuttle ZXX. It flies smooth as glass. Aerobatic flights are limited to 6 minutes or so, but those 6 minutes are very good.

Wouldn't trade it for anything right now.

Rob
Old 10-06-2002, 02:07 PM
Hivoltage
My Feedback: (3)

Default Electric Stuff

I fly a Logo 10 and it is a pretty darn good flying helicopter. I was surprised how well it flew and the speed it has. Not what I was expecting when I bought it.

I get about 6 minutes of FF, but just put a set os MS blades and a different pinion and hope this will increase my flight time some. According to what I have read....it should.

Not quite the torque for pulling out of a mistake as a gas...... you just have to fly a little different and smoother.

I have tried electrics before and sold them, but this one is a keeper.!!!!!!!
Old 10-06-2002, 02:36 PM
helo36

Default ECO 16

I have an Eco 16, Brushless motor, 2-16 cell 3000 mah batteries, Had to do some mods to get it flying well, but it flies good, again the only douwnfall is flight time and power. I use it more or less to to show, and in the backyard when I don't feel like driving to the field.

Ken
Old 10-06-2002, 05:08 PM
Crawler
My Feedback: (1)

I have an ECO-10, I give it the 10 because I use 10 cell/ 3000
mah batteries,

Mega Brushless motor, going to upgrade soon to a Hacker B50-14L. The Hacker Motors have a little more get-up and go. I use the mechanical mixing, so I couldn't tell you the difference between Mech and CCMP. Has taken me some time to get it flying well, plus a few ugraded parts. I have only bought upgraded parts to replace the parts that I have broke. Everything takes time when you don't now what you are doing. I got some great help from a local expert to make the Heli fly really well. Thanks John
Old 10-07-2002, 03:14 PM
n0jvt

Litemachines Corona !

Tough as nails ( Well Almost ) - And Inexpensive as helis go
Old 10-07-2002, 03:35 PM
JasonD

I fly a litemachines Corona. After about forty flights only $25.00 in parts. I'm learning so not to bad. This little heli can take a hit. Also the local helicopter pilots were impressed with how well it can fly into the wind.

Jason
Old 10-07-2002, 08:23 PM
spessx

I've had an EP Concept Hughes 300 and an Eco 8. I'm flying a Corona now with a brushless setup and don't even play with the gassers anymore. The Corona is fun to play around the yard with and you don't have to worry if you crash it. I've now got over 250 flights on it and about 12 good crashes. In all the crashes I've only replaced the tailboom once because I got tired of looking at the dent. It's getting over 10 minutes of hover with an inexpensive mega 16/15/3. I've been building RC models(cars, gliders, planes, helis) for about 15 years and this is the best one I've ever had - simple, inexpensive and fun!
-Stephen
Old 10-07-2002, 09:12 PM
Hivoltage
My Feedback: (3)

Default ?

What is a Corona?
Old 10-07-2002, 09:29 PM
rscamp

Default Re: ?

Originally posted by Hivoltage
What is a Corona?
Type "Corona heli" into Google and you'll get a quick answer.

Rob
Old 10-07-2002, 10:48 PM
twguns

"Beer"
Old 10-07-2002, 11:17 PM
rscamp

That's right. Corona is a beer.

...and an LMH heli and that glowing thing you see during an eclipse.

Rob
Old 10-07-2002, 11:27 PM
n0jvt

Originally posted by rscamp
That's right. Corona is a beer.

...and an LMH heli and that glowing thing you see during an eclipse.

Rob

And A Old Spy Satillite !

have a nice one all

Mike
Old 10-13-2002, 03:33 AM
E-gpeden

Although I've got experience with glow motors dating back to the 60's, I've only flown electric powered helis, starting just under 3 years ago: E-LMH110, Piccolo, LOGO 20, Robin 280, Voyager, CP-Hornet, LOGO 10.

It's been a real pleasure showing off the nice flying LOGO 20 (and now the LOGO 10) for most of that time, even as a novice at first. Although they are more common now, back then as I attended fun flys, I was showing folks their first glimpse of an electric heli that COULD do the job And that was kinda cool. My decision to order one from Germany, back when they were pretty scarce in North America, was based on the answers to the question "what's the best electric heli in the world" posted by folks from Europe on the E-heli mail list. I took a leap of faith and.............. flew and flew and flew
Old 10-16-2002, 10:31 PM
edg

The 2 electrics I fly are the Eco8 and Joker. Hands down, the Joker is THE best electric heli out there. Quality-wise it will also pretty much beat most nitros too. Of course, the downside, as with all electrics, is flight time. Also, you've got to feed it a lot $$$$ of batteries.

-edg-
Old 10-16-2002, 11:31 PM
flyinrog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

glad to hear about the corona, thats the one I was thinking about getting to play with over the winter..Rog
Old 10-17-2002, 02:40 PM
Hitch-Hiker

Default E-Raptor

What is it?

Here is the review

http://www.team-raptor.com/e-raptor/e-raptor.html
Old 10-17-2002, 06:39 PM
Ju87BStuka

I have an Eco with the usual upgrades including Hacker 50/13S and Schulz 45he contoller. Gave up and became dissatisfied with enduance fragility, and skittichness, and converted to dirty good old .30 size Caliber, and now realy enjoying flying and making real progress. Can't advocate electrics for beginners, and one needs calm conditions too to learn with, not much of which we get here in the UK.
Old 10-18-2002, 12:56 AM
E-gpeden

Hi Robin,

"Can't advocate electrics for beginners, and one needs calm conditions too to learn with, not much of which we get here in the UK."

I'm sorry, but I must take issue with this statememnt. You chose the most fragile, hard to setup electric heli in the world and you blame all electric helis for your decision? My LOGO 10 can hold its own in "blow your hat off" winds and The LOGO 20 is rock solid. They are no different than similar sized glow helis in that respect.
Old 10-18-2002, 02:39 PM
Ju87BStuka

E-gpeden

"You chose the most fragile, hard to setup electric heli in the world ..."

Touche, mon ami, trust me to buy the most inappropriate electric heli. I didn't know that but do now. Perhaps other Eco8 enthusiasts would take issue, but that's just my experience. Far too much invested in it to sell it now, so I'll return to it when I've learned on the Caliber.
What appealed to me about electrics was the quietness, cleanliness and lack of all the gubbins one needs to to start an IC heli. Perfect for walking down the lane to the pastureland. Well quiet and clean sure, but the heavy duty leisure 12 volt battery, charger, 5 sets of 2400/3000 batteries seems to be a bit expensive, time-consuming and have limited charging all for quite limited duration, even with the impressive (and expensive) Hacker/Schulz. I'd be hard pressed to get a decent afternoon's flying in all the same. I wouldn't dream of knocking others that I don't know, so thanks for the correction.
Old 10-18-2002, 03:54 PM
n0jvt

I'm not knocking the gas helis but until someone comes out with
a small ( 30 to 90 Size ) 4 Stroke ingnition motor with a internal oil system ( No Mixing lube in fuel ) with a on board remote electric strter i'll stick with my electric helis until h**es freezes over

Besides that *IF* i ever came walking into my apt building with anything that even remotly smells like a fuel powered model i'd never hear the end of it from all the little old ladies and gentlemen that also live here

the electric helis even with the lower power output and flight time
I.M.H.O make better training helis for those who have never
flown a gas model...no problem with carb settings....fuel & starting
troubles...Etc.
Old 10-18-2002, 04:15 PM
edg

IMO, the electric vs gas debate is stupid. You're just trading one set of problems/benefits for another and vice-versa. Some prefer one, some prefer the other, some like both. I like both.

-edg-
Old 10-18-2002, 04:31 PM
n0jvt

Originally posted by edg
IMO, the electric vs gas debate is stupid. You're just trading one set of problems/benefits for another and vice-versa. Some prefer one, some prefer the other, some like both. I like both.

-edg-
I agree with you
i wasn't trying to bash one in favor of the other it's just that my wrtiting compostition leaves a lot to be desired

i perfer a electric heli at this point because it's quiet compaired to a gasser and i can go fly without attracting a lot of the neighbourhood kids... ( i'm afraid one would get hurt....i'm not that good yet )...the gassers seem to be a kid magnet iu fly in a old city park across the street from where i live that nobody uses and with the electric heli i can fly it and nobody can hear it above the street noise

it's my thinking is that the electric helis tend to be a little easier to operate for a beginner - its like learning to drive in a car with a auto Vs. a manual tranny...less to worry about...
Old 10-18-2002, 06:03 PM
Eco8gator

Hello

"{You chose the most fragile, hard to setup electric heli in the world and you blame all electric helis for your decision?"

I'm sorry, but I must take issue with this statememnt The Eco is a little fragile but hard to setup...come on. It's only hard to setup if you dont know what you are doing. Personally, I thought the Eco 8 was really easy to setup. I never had any vibe problems or any thing wierd happen. If anything broke it was my fault not the heli. In fact I never blame the heli I always blame my self because it is the responsibility of the modeler to make sure he know how to make his heli fly well(there are some extream circumstances when I blame the manufacturer for a defect than could not be seen).

Oh and I have a Logo 20 and like Glen said it is a super stable but when you hit the sticks the heli really moves. I can't wait to get my 2 new 11 cell HV3000 packs for some really powerful performance

Carlo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.