Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

JR 347 and Hitec Electron 6 poblem

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

JR 347 and Hitec Electron 6 poblem

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 03:07 AM
JMcRae
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 347 and Hitec Electron 6 poblem

Hi everybody.

A couple of weeks ago I purchased an Align Trex ccpm. The heli is pretty good so far except for the flex in the head and flybar assembly which I am slowly but surely remedying with aluminum upgrades (I do have to budget myself otherwise I'd spend my entire paycheck on RC stuff). I also like the fact that a crash costs me $30 versus the $300-400 I usually spend when I wad up my Xcell. Anyways, I've spent the last two weeks asking every employee at almost every hobbyshop located within 30 miles of me why I can't get the Hitec Electron 6 to work with my JR 347. I've tried everything I can think of. PPM, PCM, Hitec crystals, JR crystals, negative shift (Futaba/Hitec), positive shift (JR/Airtronics) and nomatter what I do it is still not registering with the Rx. I am running HS-56's and a 401 (if that matters) so I know it's not the lead arangement in the plugs for the servos. Any ideas? Also does JR even make a 6ch rx that will fit in the Trex? Thanks....Jesse
Old 09-08-2005, 03:22 AM
Moby58

Default RE: JR 347 and Hitec Electron 6 poblem

Hi,

From the days when I did more RC, I was using Futaba, Hitec, Sanwa (Airtronics) and JR Rx's with my JR X-347 and X-388

The gear must have it's own manufacture crystal.

That is the X-347 MUST have a JR crystal, and the Hitex Rx MUST have a Hitec crystal.

Also, from what I understand, PCM is NOT cpmpatable across different bands, so u can only use a non-JR PPM Rx with the X-347, with it set to PPM mode.

ORIGINAL: JMcRae

Hi everybody.

A couple of weeks ago I purchased an Align Trex ccpm. The heli is pretty good so far except for the flex in the head and flybar assembly which I am slowly but surely remedying with aluminum upgrades (I do have to budget myself otherwise I'd spend my entire paycheck on RC stuff). I also like the fact that a crash costs me $30 versus the $300-400 I usually spend when I wad up my Xcell. Anyways, I've spent the last two weeks asking every employee at almost every hobbyshop located within 30 miles of me why I can't get the Hitec Electron 6 to work with my JR 347. I've tried everything I can think of. PPM, PCM, Hitec crystals, JR crystals, negative shift (Futaba/Hitec), positive shift (JR/Airtronics) and nomatter what I do it is still not registering with the Rx. I am running HS-56's and a 401 (if that matters) so I know it's not the lead arangement in the plugs for the servos. Any ideas? Also does JR even make a 6ch rx that will fit in the Trex? Thanks....Jesse
Old 09-08-2005, 09:03 AM
-pkh-
My Feedback: (2)

Yep... put a Hitec dual conversion crystal in the RX, leave the original JR xtal (that came with your TX) in the TX, if the Electron-6 doesn't specify it's shift (although it should), it probably negative shift (Hitec/Futaba)... if it is positive shift, it will say so (JR, Airtronics). Now, if the Electron-6 is negative shift, then your JR TX must be able to transmit in negative shift PPM mode, otherwise it will never work with negative shift Electron-6.

I'm not familiar with your TX so I don't know if it has selectable shift (+/-)...
Old 09-08-2005, 09:28 AM
hoj527

ORIGINAL: -pkh-

I'm not familiar with your TX so I don't know if it has selectable shift (+/-)...
The X-347 is NOT shift selectable. You must use a positive shift Electron 6 receiver. I use an Electron 6 with my 347 radio with very good results.

I have even just recently activated the eCCPM modes "hidden" in the X-347's programming and am using it to fly my Caliber 30 with electronic mixing.

HTH,
Bob
Old 09-08-2005, 09:28 AM
jh4db536

oh yeah that's right, the electron6 is a dual conversion Rx, that means it needs a dual conversion xtal.

also, JR makes 7 channel micro rx. that's the R700 (ppm) or R770 (pcm). it's very small . i love my r770, i wouldnt trade it for anything else lol
Old 09-08-2005, 03:10 PM
JMcRae

I have already tried a hitec dual conversion crystal with no results. Right now I have a positive shift Rx. I have already tried both positive and negative shift. Now the Dual conversion Xstal is a different story but I think the guys at the hobbyshop would have a little more sense then that. Aren't all HItec crystals Dual Conversion? I'll have to try that next.

BTW the eCCPM mode kept me frustrated for a few days. I don't have my manual since it is in storage so it's made things a little difficult. I found a post using google in a forum that explaned it very well. It just took a few times to get the gear switch rythm down.
Old 09-08-2005, 03:20 PM
-pkh-

Hitec has both dual conversion and single conversion crystals, they are different, you can tell by the color on the tag...

[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?&I=LXPX96**&P=V]Hitec 72MHz Single Conversion Crystal[/link]

[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0001P?&I=LXN503**&P=V]Hitec 72MHz Dual Conversion Crystal[/link]
Old 09-09-2005, 12:36 AM
JMcRae

I think we have a winner!!!! My crystal is green. The local idiot at the LHS guaranteed it was dual conversion since, according to him, Hitec only does single conversion for car stuff. They better let me return it. Luckly they know me pretty well. Just like Bob I have to throw away my receipts and then claim I bought everything on Ebay at 1/10 the price!!! If I remember correctly when I bought my TRex it went something like "I won the auction for only $50"[. I think she's catching on by now though.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:02 PM
JMcRae

OK new problem. I got the receiver to work fine but now I can't figure out what channel and switch/knob adjust the gain on my 401. I swear I should have just left my full size receiver strapped to the bottom!! I have the gain plug on ch6/bat on the receiver. Now can anyone tell me which aux channel it is on my Tx. I REALLY wish my manual wasn't buried under a rediculous amount of boxes. Also, since my 401 manual is buried as well, can anyone tell me if I can visually see in the LED on the gyro if my switch flipping and knob turning is adjusting anything or do I have to just keep popping it up into a hover. I'm really close to just ripping off the 401 and buying a 240 (it would make my life so much easier).
Old 09-21-2005, 08:37 PM
Moby58

Ok,

The main lead of the gyro is plugged into the rudder channel, and the gain control lead is pligged into the gear channel (usually 6).

Then, going into radio setup, you adjust the travel adjust of the gear channel to change the sensitivity.

Usually, travel is defaulting to +100% and -100%.

Change these values to change sensitivity in the two modes of the gyro..

Old 09-22-2005, 12:23 AM
paraglidesam

gear channell for JR is Channel FIVE,,, I used to have an old one like that, didn't know there was a "hidden" Eccpm mode!!! good lucki