Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

need help with my Aerohawk

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

need help with my Aerohawk

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 01:39 PM
>Splinter<

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with my Aerohawk

Hi all, I have a Aerohawk heli. It had been in the attic for a while, so i decided to get it down today. I charged the battery up, left it to charge for a bout 3 hours. I decided to have a hover, but i put the power up on the heli and it barely took off, could this be a problem with the battery?

Please help me, thanks.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:53 PM
sportygreg
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: need help with my Aerohawk

If the battery hasn't been used for a long time it may need a few charge/discharge cycles to bring it back to full capacity.Also,a 3 hour charge seems like a lot-you may have overcharged the battery.If the battery gets hot it's time to take it off the charger-overcharging will cause damage to the cells.You could use a meter and see what the voltage is to make sure it's taking a charge.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:47 PM
>Splinter<

Would you recommed a new battery?
Old 10-26-2005, 03:11 PM
sportygreg
My Feedback: (2)

A spare battery or 2 is always a good idea.It shouldn't take more than 2 hours to charge a stock battery pack-you need to use a voltmeter to see if the battery you have is taking a good charge.If the battery got hot,you could have a bad cell that will keep it from charging properly.The batteries that come with the less expensive helis are not the best quality to begin with so they won't take much abuse before they go bad.