Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Trex450x vs. Walkera#36

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.
View Poll Results: A poll
Walkera #36
15.00%
Trex 450 x
85.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Trex450x vs. Walkera#36

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 09:46 AM
Schwede

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trex450x vs. Walkera#36

I am thinking about going to a collective pitch helicopter ( I have a Walkera #4 ). I have my mind set on two models. The Trex 450 x or Walkera #36. What are the drifferences and which one, in your opinion, is best?

Gunnar
Old 10-30-2005, 12:30 PM
rich_hodgetts

Default RE: Trex450x vs. Walkera#36

There is much divided opinion as to whether the Walkera Helicopters are any good. I had a Dragonfly FP which was great and then a Dragonfly 22a CP which was awful - a total waste of money.

What is generally accepted is that the Walkera helicopters are no where near as good as the helicopters they are copied from. I have a T Rex 450x which I think is a really nice piece of kit. Its not perfect but generally requires little maintenance between flights. If you can afford it go for the TRex - there really is no comparison to walkera stuff and you will also have a set of electronics that can be transferred to almost any other micro heli in the future.

Rich
Old 10-30-2005, 02:44 PM
ultraviolet

It boils down to $$$$ The Walkera is excellent for the money, but
if you can afford it buy the Trex.
Old 10-30-2005, 06:38 PM
sparkling_fist

im not supprised that no1 has picked the walkera over the trex becuase walkera models are cheap.. in every sense of the word..
unless you install your own electronics, then they are ok.. i dont like the look of the trex becuase the "neck" of the heli is too long..
the blades are too high, looks ugly
Old 10-30-2005, 06:43 PM
paraglidesam

But it flies like one *****en machine!!! (TREX that is!)
Old 10-31-2005, 05:53 AM
triton5150

i have a blade and a #4 with no problems. a friend has a trex and its awsome. i want the 36 but it seems they are very problematic. but the 36 is pretty affordable though.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:12 PM
evlfkr
My Feedback: (2)

I have a walkera 36 with all of my own eletronics and it flies and hovers better than my buddies t-rex of course i've made some changes but I can look away and it'll still be in the same spot. Don't get me wrong t-rex parts are more durable but if you know how to fly it's no big deal!! I also have a fp hummingbird that I can make loop and roll like it was made for it, running a stock 370 and 7.4v li-po 900. I'll post a vid. soon.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:19 PM
GTX SlotCar

Neither. Go with the ARK 400. If you're going to piece it together, that one that claims to be all aluminum gets good reviews (even though it's not all aluminum).

I'm just kidding about saying "neither". The T-rex is a good heli, but there are other choices.
As I've read through many forums (not just here), I've noticed that people are having problems with the T-rexes, Blades, Shoguns, Walkeras, E-sky, E-flite and you name it. The threads about problems, setups and necessary upgrades seem to be just as long on each of them. Some have better parts than others, but cost more than upgrading a cheap one. I don't think any of them are perfect. Flight characteristics may be different with different models, but I've even seen videos of the 36 doing aerobatics.
If I were to do it over again, I'd buy the cheapest one I could find (probably a 36). Cheap to buy and to repair. I'd upgrade it with the best parts I could as I got more experienced. When I became really proficient at flying, I'd put together a new heli from scratch using a lot of the upgraded parts I've already bought.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:10 PM
thecheatscalc

I said the TRex as it's a bit better built, though If I still had to do it all over again I'd get the 36 even still. though If you don't have a sim go FP first you'll thank me later.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:36 PM
tnd2000

Don't bother with 36 if you plan to put in your own electronics because it'll be more expensive then buying a trex.
Cost of complete trex kit = $450. Cost of 36 plus the same electronics as the complete trex kit > $450