Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

New to Helicopters...please assist

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

New to Helicopters...please assist

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 09:18 PM
zagibond

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Helicopters...please assist

Just making a come back to RC after a year of spending a profound amount of money racing cars for fun. Why I used to beat myself up over buying a new Lipo battery for $60 when a set of race tires costs $600, I don't know. My car was hauled away today by its new owner and I am back.

Took an inventory and found I have a Hitec Neon, Hitec SSs and a Hitec Elipse 7.
I also have a Triton Lipo charger and an array of batteries from my Zagi, Slow Stick and a few crashed 3DXs.

I am now interested in Helicopters and from what I can make out the Blade CX is a good starter heli. Right?
It seems to be sold as a kit. Since I have the charger, I won't need the one from the kit.
Will my Eclipse 7 work with the setup in the CX?
Where can I buy the CX by itself?

Any input would be much appreciated.
Old 12-24-2005, 09:52 PM
fire@forthall

Default RE: New to Helicopters...please assist

I have flown both the CX and the CP I have the CP. The CX that I flew was very stable and almost to easy to fly! I am also new to helicopters and with a little help from a simulator and some training gear for the CP I am able to do slow flight with the CP ( i like to take it slow for a while untill i am comfertable with all hover aspects) the CP is a great heli but you have to go slow if you have never flown a helicopter before. but from what I gather is that the CX will get old after awhile unless you like the search and rescue thing from the kitchen table to the living room floor and back. There are alot of great places here that go into great detail about both. again just my opinion but if you like a chalange the CP is the one to look at!!!
Old 12-24-2005, 10:25 PM
zagibond

thanks,

i was worried that the cx may get old. if i were to get the cp...
could it be flown indoors as easily (it is pretty windy this time of the year)?
is there a training kit for it?
what about the helicopter in non-kit form?
would my eclipse 7 work?

Old 12-24-2005, 11:13 PM
dsltek432

Cp is not "as easy" to fly indoors, but can be flown. Unless it is completly calm, CX can not be flown outside. The CP is available in "bare bones" form. Then just add electronics you want. Bare bones runs around $100. And yes there is training gear and you do need it.
Old 12-25-2005, 12:00 AM
Dave ESPI

Zag, there is a TON of threads about the CP around here.

I spent a good WEEK ( durring my wait for mine to arrive from a seller on here) reading a lot of pages and learning a lot.

I've got Heli experience from years ago, but beware. Helis need time and practice as well as a good grasp on multi cyclic controls and the constant threat of gravitayyyyyy

Spend sometime reading... it will save you a ton of post