Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

CopterX electronics - any impressions?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

CopterX electronics - any impressions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 05:16 PM
VMenuhin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CopterX electronics - any impressions?

Hi all

Looking for a decent second heli after my HBFP. I'm quite on a budget and want to get a 450 as a next heli. I'm thinking about the CopterX ME version - cheap and still has many quite good features, that can allow one to grow, IMO (like metal frames and hub and stuff). AE\SE are also in the candidates, but they are quite a bit more expensive.
Anyway my second question is about the electronics - servos, gyro, powerplant. Came across [link=http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=6352]this combo[/link] on eHirobo.
Anyone uses any of the stuff there? All of them?
Any impressions, goods, bads, uglies?

Thanks
Vadim
Old 01-17-2009, 05:18 PM
VMenuhin

Default RE: CopterX electronics - any impressions?

P.S Just added a tracking option for the thread
Old 01-21-2009, 09:30 PM
rcjpth

Don't know what your budget is, but here is the list I think ok for tight budget:

1 x copterx 450AE V2 = $160 from ebay (besthobby site uk or hk), free shipping, quick ship 1 week business days to deliver
1 x copterx basic package $70 + $15 shipping ehirobo.com
1 x DX6i TX/AR6100RX $165

so that's around $400 to start it up...and following up helifreak.com finless Trex-450 build vid, you will be able to get it hover stable - I just accidentally spent too much [] on my budget for my 2nd 450 helicopter ( 2 x kit of Copterx 450 AE v2, 1 set hitec HS-65HB for cyclic and HS-65MG for tail servo, 1 set of align motor and BL35G ESC, and DX7 with AR6200....) now I'm stuck with my previous Telebee gyro that it wasn't performing well in HH mode...but I am able to hover in rate mode extremely stable but just keeping tail hold by my own without gyro. The only issue I now have is tail lock in (HH mode) the head setup is so stable makes me don't even care to tune when I learned the technique from finless Bob White of helifreak.com

Hope it works for you

rcjpth
Old 01-24-2009, 04:23 AM
VMenuhin

ORIGINAL: rcjpth

Don't know what your budget is, but here is the list I think ok for tight budget:

1 x copterx 450AE V2 = $160 from ebay (besthobby site uk or hk), free shipping, quick ship 1 week business days to deliver
1 x copterx basic package $70 + $15 shipping ehirobo.com
1 x DX6i TX/AR6100RX $165

so that's around $400 to start it up...and following up helifreak.com finless Trex-450 build vid, you will be able to get it hover stable - I just accidentally spent too much [] on my budget for my 2nd 450 helicopter ( 2 x kit of Copterx 450 AE v2, 1 set hitec HS-65HB for cyclic and HS-65MG for tail servo, 1 set of align motor and BL35G ESC, and DX7 with AR6200....) now I'm stuck with my previous Telebee gyro that it wasn't performing well in HH mode...but I am able to hover in rate mode extremely stable but just keeping tail hold by my own without gyro. The only issue I now have is tail lock in (HH mode) the head setup is so stable makes me don't even care to tune when I learned the technique from finless Bob White of helifreak.com

Hope it works for you

rcjpth
Hi

1.Did you use this electronic package? It looks suspiciously cheap for all the package, and I'm "slightly" afraid of mishaps [&o].
2.Is AE a fine choice for a second heli?
BTW - look at my location - the only place that will ship for free here is LHS

Thanks for thew answers

Vadim
Old 01-26-2009, 06:36 AM
soneebee

well the servos will do fine. It will hold okay it can do all normal flight, fast forward flight, flips rolls.. so it can hold okay. but it does strip in slight crashes. but the servos really come cheap. The ESC/Motor combo is quite good. The motor has good power. its in comparison with the ALign 430L motor. For normal flight it will just work really great. The GYRO. well I had a chance to use it, tested it and flew with it. ITs kinda good for hovering, some FFF, it does hold.. but its no spartan nor a GY401. For the cost of the setup its a real bargain. it can hold the heli... if you will only be doing normal flights with some flips and rolls.. the setup will work. But if you are planning on going for 3D.. its best to get a better gyro. something that can hold more solid.... for harder 3D.. replace the servos with something more reliable and stronger.... so far the best that I have been using are the HS65MG.. never had a problem with the, have been flying it for 2 years and still never failed me..