Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Extra battery for Horsefly

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Extra battery for Horsefly

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 05:03 PM
dean320
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extra battery for Horsefly

Hey guys, I just ordered a Horsefly and was wondering where is a good place to get reasonably priced spare batteries.

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-10-2006, 06:34 PM
Technito20

Default RE: Extra battery for Horsefly

If you must have that same battery, probably TowerHobbies will have it cheapest for as online stores. But I'd use a Thunder Power Li po 7.4 (2-cell) 1320 mah battery with JST connector. Not only is the Thunder Power battery cheaper, but it's stronger and will last longer than that Megatech battery. They wanna sky rocket the price of the battery just because it's made by Megatech and designed specifically for Megatech products.

Compare both batteries:

[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXLER8&P=Z]Your battery[/link]

[link=http://www.horizonhobby.com/Shop/ByCategory/Product/Default.aspx?ProdID=THP13202SJPL]Thunder Power battery[/link]
Old 01-11-2006, 03:30 PM
dean320

Do I have any additional options for more flying time and less time spent waiting for charging? I would like a little better than 10 minutes of flying and 1-2 hours of charging.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:42 PM
DEFLYER22

[link=http://www.hobbyjapan2000.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=HM005-2-017]You can get this lipo battery[/link]
Old 01-11-2006, 05:57 PM
Technito20

That Thunder Power battery will get you right around 20 minutes of flight. My cousin had the HouseFly, and he was getting almost 30 minutes of flight using the Thunder Power. I'm not sure if the motors in the Horsefly are the same as in the Housefly. But the Horsefly is a littler bigger than the Housefly which probably weighs a little more also, so that's why I'd say 20 minutes at the least. I'd use the Thunder Power battery 2 cell 1320, and use the Electrifly Triton Charger. The Triton costs like $129.99. But it's well worth it, because it charges Li Po's, NiCad's, NiMH's, and Lead Acid batteries. And charge time is usually about an hour for Li Po batteries under 2000 mah.

[link=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXCJG7&P=ML]Electrifly Triton[/link]
Old 01-11-2006, 09:53 PM
dean320

Technito20 - do you know if the charger that comes with the Horsefly will charge the Thunder Power battery?
Old 01-11-2006, 11:17 PM
Technito20

More than likely yes, but it will take a lot longer. And also you won't be able to monitor the battery's activity as it charges. The Trition has a digital screen that monitors the time and progress, voltage and amperes of the battery while it charges. And automatically shuts off and alerts you if any problems occur, like overheating or shirt circuitry.