Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Help on setting tail on Trex

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Help on setting tail on Trex

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 11:13 PM
zx1100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help on setting tail on Trex

I finally have my heli put together and setting it up. This is my first so I'm having a hard time figuring out the settings on my Futaba 7CHP when it comes to setting up the gyro.

I have the GY240 gyro with the AVCS off and gain set to zero trying to set up the tail. I'm able to hover but I need to have full stick to the right to keep my tail from spinning counter clockwise. Should there be any pitch to the tail blades when the tail servo is centered? The way it seems I would have to have full pitch when the servo is centered to get the tail to stick somewhat at hover.

Anyone have a 7CHP that can help with the gyro settings?

Thanks for any information
Old 02-20-2006, 08:33 AM
Hunter850
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Help on setting tail on Trex

I am not sure if you are having the same problems as I had. I could not get mine to stop spinning and this was what the problem was:

http://trextuning.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3575

Have a look at the tail rotor setup and see if you did not do what i did on construction.

If not this forum is also great for lots of help from other T-Rex flyers.

Kevin
Old 02-20-2006, 09:51 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

When the pitch linkage is centered there should be about 5 degrees of pitch or so in the blades.

Make sure the blades are on correctly, that is spinning counter clockwise when viewed from the right side of the heli, the advancing blade should always go up and into the downwash from the main rotor.

Give right rudder stick, the servo should pull the rod. If this is backwards reverse channel 4

Spin the nose to the left, (counter clockwise from above) the gyro should make the servo pull the rod, if this is backwards reverse the gyro.
Old 02-20-2006, 01:11 PM
zx1100

Thanks for all the help. I made some adjustments (added some pitch to tail rotors). From reading other posts it says to inhibit any revo mix in the TX when using HH so did that and set gain to 50% on the gyro. I'm waiting for my packs to charge and I'll test it again.

Thanks again!