Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Check this out - Blade CP Pro

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Check this out - Blade CP Pro

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 11:51 PM
cmassa

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Check this out - Blade CP Pro

Found this on another forum. Coming in June. It would be nice to be able to get the helicopter without a transmitter for those of us that use our own radios. I wonder if they would then have a brushless package add-on (motor with correct pinion and speed control) Reading in the other forum also hinted at an Eflight heading hold gyro.

http://www.hobbyzone.com/rc_helicopt...ade_cp_pro.htm

Chris
Old 04-01-2006, 12:04 AM
-Inverted-

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Check this out - Blade CP Pro

Found this on another forum. Coming in June. It would be nice to be able to get the helicopter without a transmitter for those of us that use our own radios.
So basicly it's an overpriced honeybee CP2, a few differences but not many. The canopy is nice though![sm=thumbup.gif] it says it has a 3 in 1 which must mean the reciever is seperate so you CAN use your own radio. I wish they would have threw in a 1000 mah li-po like the CP2. I hope they put the idle-up on the left side.
Old 04-01-2006, 12:05 AM
mitchlandry

It also comes with a stock lipo, even though it's an 800, it's better than nicd.
Old 04-01-2006, 12:21 AM
john68

Here is what bugs me. They sell you a $200 helicopter, then, in the manual, tell you which "hop-ups" you can buy for it. Add up the price of all the goodies, and it comes out to over $350 for the helicopter. Then, after you "hop-up" your Blade CP, they release one that is "hopped-up" from teh factory.

Ok... why did this take so long? Most of us already have ours "hopped-up."

Just a personal note. I am a former Ford Technician, and a bodyman of 15 years. I have been fixing things since I was old enough to turn a wrench and frankly, I am sick of it. Why o why do people like "hop-ups?" Do you actually enjoy working on yoru helicopter? I hate it. I am so sick of fixing things, that it makes my stomach turn.
Old 04-01-2006, 12:41 AM
MegaGlow_Z

Yes i love working on it.
Thats part of this hobby,tinkering and modding things.
Sounds like you need a new hobby
Old 04-01-2006, 12:55 AM
-Inverted-

Why o why do people like "hop-ups?" Do you actually enjoy working on yoru helicopter?
Hop ups make your vehicle better, and half the fun is working on it. If you want a hobby that requires less matienence there's always knitting....
Old 04-01-2006, 11:49 PM
john68

Knitting!?
That's even worse! That is building something from scratch. I build drag car chassis from scratch, so it would be similar but with less welding involved.

I like to fly. That is my hobby. Flying. I'd fly the real thing, but the last time I went up, it was $240 per hour. That's a bit out of my price range for as often as I'd like to do it. I do enjoy building things at work, but I still cringe at the thought of having to fix toys, or modify them from stock, to get them to work right.

Maybe it's a different generation... I never owned a Honda Civic with a big aluminum spoiler on the trunk, and ground "FX" kit, with cold air intake, and a VTEC. Maybe that's why... I just prefer to buy things that work right to begin with. I don't know... Like I said, just a personal note about how I view things.
Old 04-02-2006, 12:35 AM
HighSierra
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: john68

Knitting!?
That's even worse! That is building something from scratch. I build drag car chassis from scratch, so it would be similar but with less welding involved.

I like to fly. That is my hobby. Flying. I'd fly the real thing, but the last time I went up, it was $240 per hour. That's a bit out of my price range for as often as I'd like to do it. I do enjoy building things at work, but I still cringe at the thought of having to fix toys, or modify them from stock, to get them to work right.

Maybe it's a different generation... I never owned a Honda Civic with a big aluminum spoiler on the trunk, and ground "FX" kit, with cold air intake, and a VTEC. Maybe that's why... I just prefer to buy things that work right to begin with. I don't know... Like I said, just a personal note about how I view things.
Sounds like you need a T-rex SE, comes with allth the good stuff right out of the box, and as long as you don't dork it, all you'll need to do is maintain it.

Old 04-02-2006, 04:06 AM
john68

I didn't mean to start anything, here. I'm just saying it is frustrating.

Sure, I could go for a trex, but I just ordered up a Raptor 50 V2. I figure that is where I need to be. I need something that I can refuel and fly again immediately, if I choose. I get antsy with this stuff sometimes. I have a great deal of patience and mechanical knowledge, but I exhaust myself of those 2 traits to earn the money for flying things. When it's playtime, it's playtime. Work needs to stay away from home. I actually switched to R/C flying from another great hobby(restoring classic cars), because that hobby became to stressful and too much like what I do at work.

Anyhow, my original point was, if they would have just came out with the CP Pro a little sooner, I wouldn't be too bitter. $245 vs. $219 for upgrades that cost a lot more if bought separately off the shelf... what timing I had in buying my Blade CP. I'm not going to complain too much. I have only been flying R/C Helis since Feb (planes for 17 years), and just the other day, I did my first successful loop.
Old 04-02-2006, 04:41 AM
wilburwreckage

lol, I own a Honda Civic, I couldn't be bothered with all the modding , so just bought the Type-R.

I suppose the point with heli's is the same, just buy one pre modded (Trex SE)

Old 05-09-2006, 09:45 AM
squadri1126

hi John68,

Your posts are funny and true.. it costs lot of money to upgrade and add all the ho-ups just like you said.

I added the cost of maintaining the TREX-SE and Blade-CP, the result was insane. TREX-SE in 2 months costs me $26 and Blade-CP totaled whopping $78. CP breaks far often and if you add the total it definitely costs a lot more than to maintain an SE.

Just buy multiple batteries so that you can avoid downtime in between charges.

My advice is to get a TREX-SE and enjoy your hobby that you work so hard for....

thanks,
squadri.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:01 AM
sparky814_hawk

Has anyone looked into the Night Ranger 3D? I just got one and absolutely love the thing. If you are looking for a nice AND STOUT heli for $219.99 the NR3D is the way to go. Take a look at the video I made of mine flying around on my Plasti-Blades. Tons of power, great tail authority, lots of nice upgrades... plug and play brushless plus the Night Blades they are coming out with very soon.

My video of the NR3D www.jcshobbies.com

I know this heli is going to have my Blade CP's collect dust.....

Sincerely,

John Sparks
JCS Hobbies
Old 05-10-2006, 09:48 AM
squadri1126

John,

video is nice, so the only upgraded you added were the plati blades. Correct.
Rest in the video was just stock- rtf.

How is the parts situation for NR3D- do hobby stores carry them or it is pretty much via web.

Video looks very nice.. I might give it a try on my next crash of CP which will probaby make me upset after all the money
I have spent on her..

thanks,
squadri.
Old 05-10-2006, 05:16 PM
CXela22

ORIGINAL: john68

I like to fly. That is my hobby. Flying.

LOL first rule of AIRCRAFT man

"All aircraft take high matinence, expect delays"

Yes flying is great and fun, who cant agree with that. Its invigorating after a BORING day of school! You sit in the desk all day, since its the end of the year, theyre not teaching anything new. When i get home I have a 30 min break. More than enough time to enjoy flight time. Then i do my 4hr homework and if i crashed, i can fix it. I use my Free Time on my RC Helicopter(s). Its a hobby of its own, you fly and maintain.