Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Head Dampening on CP

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Head Dampening on CP

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 07:38 PM
rsrogers
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head Dampening on CP

Hey guys I'm ready to make my CP responed alot quicker. I have removed the weights on the flybar & still not enough so I got the head dampening kit & now wonder just exactly what needs to be done.
Could someone elaborate on this or plant a link to more info on what to do. I didnt see anything on Blade CP Repair.

Thanks
Old 04-09-2006, 09:07 PM
cmassa

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Head Dampening on CP

The head dampening shims do just what their name implies. They dampen the movement of the head to make it less responsive. It you want to increase the responsiveness of the head you need to get the Bell-Hiller upgrade. It makes a huge difference.

Chris
Old 04-10-2006, 02:40 PM
rsrogers

I believe your wrong there!

Per Horizons Web site: Use these between the o-ring and step washers on each side of the center hub to stiffen the dampening of the rotor blades. Stiffer dampening usually results in quicker cyclic response and less stability.

And thats always the way I heard it, soft dampening = sluggish response (what mine has) hard dampening quicker response (what I want!)
Old 04-10-2006, 03:02 PM
cmassa

I'm probably wrong then, but if you want better response I still think you will be better off with the Bell-Hiller head. I have used the dampening shims (as many as three on each side) and didn't notice much difference. It is easy to get it too stiff which results in a "wobble" of the whole machine. With the Bell-Hiller upgrade it responds instantly and aerobatic performance is much improved.

Chris
Old 04-10-2006, 04:16 PM
rsrogers

Thats what I was afraid of hearing. The $4 washers sounded better than the $30 bell upgrade!
Old 04-10-2006, 04:35 PM
cmassa

Buy them separately. Get the mixer arm set and the Bell-Hiller grips. The two will be about $15. Use your own spindle and bearings. The complete set includes the spindle and bearings which you already have. Those parts are not different.

Chris
Old 04-11-2006, 08:58 PM
fire@forthall

I just love when people ask a question and when you reply to them WHAM it's like they slap you in the face when you give them an answer that they don't like!!!

If you are to put the dampening shims in the head of this heli it help to eliminate slop of the parts in the head! There fore slowing the responce of the head DOWN!

Do what others have done if you want to speed un the responce get the Bell-Hiller head and remove the dampening weights.
Old 04-11-2006, 09:01 PM
sparky814_hawk

The bell/hiller upgrade makes the CP WAY WAY more responsive... I could not believe it when I installed it.... It was like a whole new heli!! try it and you'll see
Old 04-12-2006, 04:30 PM
rsrogers

ORIGINAL: fire@forthall

I just love when people ask a question and when you reply to them WHAM it's like they slap you in the face when you give them an answer that they don't like!!!
Never said I didnt like it. I guess thats what you get when you ASSume. Anyone with any sense would prefer $4 over $30
As the old saying goes " One in every crowd"!

Those of you on the positive side thanks for the good words & I'll give the Bell/Hiller a try.