Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Electric Heli

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2003, 06:28 PM
kneesaknocken
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric Heli

Does anybody know who makes a good electric heli, something w/collective pitch and gyro??? Or, is the Raptor 30 the way to go???I want to try a heli, I'm getting better on the simulator...Help Kneesaknock'n
Old 01-01-2003, 07:04 PM
rscamp

Default Electric Heli

Even though I prefer electric helis and fly electric helis, in most clubs you will get more assistance with a glow heli. If you will need a lot of help getting started, this is a key consideration.

If you are like me and know you would prefer electric anyways, by all means go for it. In the last few years some really good electric helis and brushless power systems have become available.

If you have electric heli help available and you want a 30 size heli, get a Logo 20. It is a bit bigger than 30 size (more like 45). The Logo 10 is a bit smaller and will cost less to get in the air.

Conversions are also possible and can save you a few $$$. I learned to fly on a converted Shuttle. I don't buy the argument it is better to learn on a glow. You just need multiple battery packs.

I've read that the Raptor 50 is a good conversion candidate - there is even a conversion kit available. Without modifications though, conversions can be a bit on the heavy side.

Rob
Old 01-02-2003, 06:58 PM
edg

Default Electric Heli

I fly both electrics and nitros. Unless you really hate the noise, smell and mess of nitros you'll get much better value with them over an electric. Pretty much any late-model, .30 sized from Miniature Aircraft, Hirobo, JR, Century, Thunder Tiger, Kyosho will do you just fine.

For an electric, assuming you're flying the sim pretty well, the Logo 10 is the way to go. It's well built and doesn't need a lot of upgrades. Plus, the battery requirements are low. Upgrade it later to a larger Logo. The Eco8 is rather cheap and flimsy (it's what I own plus a Joker). It needs a bunch of upgrades, but it can fly very well. The Joker is a top of the line electric. It's really a work of art. Priced accordingly. Plus you'll need 30cell packs. I wouldn't recommend it as a first heli.

-edg-
Old 01-05-2003, 01:25 AM
kneesaknocken
My Feedback: (5)

Default Electric Heli

The logo 10 sound interesting, who sells this animal, its foreign isn't it, and are parts readily available...
Old 01-05-2003, 02:56 AM
Crawler
My Feedback: (1)

Default Electric Heli

Here is a link to one of the best E-heli dealers around. Fitz is a great guy to do business with and willing to make sure you get what your looking for.

http://www.fxaeromodels.com/logo.htm
Old 01-06-2003, 12:06 AM
E-gpeden

Default Electric Heli

Hi kneesaknock'n,

The LOGO 10 is great flyig little heli. Check out my review below.