Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

How good are you with your blade cp?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.
View Poll Results: A poll
can't get off the ground in control
17.65%
can hover tail in
11.76%
can hover side on
11.76%
can do ff
11.76%
can nose in hover
11.76%
can fly at max throttle
0%
can do stall turns
11.76%
can do loops
0%
can do rolls
5.88%
can fly inverted
0%
going beyond inverted, mad skillz
17.65%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

How good are you with your blade cp?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 04:29 PM
chopperdudes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How good are you with your blade cp?

first off i'd like to introduce myself,
i'm a 14 yo blade cp owner flying with 1050 3s lipo, bell hiller, and busted adn partly self-grown 5 min epoxy cf blades, (you dont want to know how beat up my cf blades were, and that the tips are actually all 5 min epoxy) (there balaced ok). i can do fff at max and pull off stall turns and nose in hover, i've had it for a little over 2 months. i dont have a lot of money for paper delivery so that's why i didnt get new cf blades. i will try out loops in the near future.

how good are you?
how far could you go with a blade cp?
Old 09-24-2006, 05:10 PM
X3n0

Default RE: How good are you with your blade cp?

not a lot of options there on the poll, are there ?
Old 09-24-2006, 09:23 PM
john68

I was thinking the same thing...

I can hang with the blade cp, but give me something with a belt or shaft driven tail rotor, and I will spank it.

I can do all you said with the Blade CP, with my Raptor 50V2 SE. I can do death spirals at wide open throttle, shut it down to idle, and auto it to the ground without so much as batting an eye.

Get a belt driven tail kit for your CP, or get something with a pitched tail rotor. You will be amased at teh ease of control, and suddenly, when you switch back to the blade cp, it will feel as if you are flying with your toes, not your thumbs.

good luck
Old 09-25-2006, 07:21 AM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have the honey bee 2cp (same as blade cp) i just started to hover a little, just went thru my first pair of carbon fiber blades. I have had it for over a year and tried to use it here and there, found that the less pitch you have the more control there is.
Old 09-25-2006, 03:42 PM
J-Cube

Bravo to the other 14 year old that wasted money on The Blade CP! I'm not the only one!
Just so you know, I found the Lama V3 to be a great heli if you still want to fly something/anything!
Old 09-25-2006, 04:27 PM
chopperdudes

wait, my bad, srry, something messed up w/ my computer,
the options are as follows:
cant get off ground in control
can hover tail in
can hover side on
can do ff
can hover nose in
can fly at max throttle
can do stall turns
can do loops
can do rolls
can go inverted
anything beyond inverted.

srry guys, i think it's because my server timed out or something...[&:]
Old 09-25-2006, 04:30 PM
chopperdudes

there, fixed it
Old 09-25-2006, 04:56 PM
J-Cube

Oh... ok... then why can't I fly the Blade CP! What can I fly! Arrrrggghhh
Old 09-25-2006, 04:59 PM
chopperdudes

j cube, ur 14 right? be patient, try radd's and stay low, adn use training gears... control i at low altitude, maybe 1~2 inches, if you can control it there, then move up alittle, then alittle more, the more you move up the easier it'll get, but start low.
Old 09-25-2006, 05:22 PM
heli_Rod

J-Cube...Learning to fly helis is done in very small steps. It DOES require a lot a patience, but I believe anyone who is dedicated can learn to fly them.

When I started flying helis years ago, there wasn't anyone around to get help from. The equipment was terrible, unreliable and very expensive! We even started out building our helis from scratch or plans. We also didn't even have gyros!

The point being, you don't have to fly right away out of the box. If your first flight is only 5 seconds long and was successful, them maybe tomorrow you will hover for 7 seconds..then 10..then 15! It is easy to become frustrated and I understand that, but you can fly a heli....it just takes time and patience! Anyone who has learned to fly helicopters has paid his or hers dues, BUT...YOU CAN DO IT TO!

I wish the Blades CP's came with a heading hold gyro built into them. The tail rotor motor and rate gyro is probably the weakest part of the design. A heading hold gyro would allow a lot quicker progress.

Are there any R/C heli pilots close to you? They can be a great source of information and guidance. If there are, I highly reccommend that you seek out their help. Most are more than happy to give a new pilot a hand. Personally, I glad to see someone of your age taking an interest in the hobby.

Hang in there and DON'T QUIT TRYING!

Rod
Old 09-25-2006, 06:00 PM
stevennh

I can fly around fairly well (FF) and can hover in any orentation. I can do stall turns but have not yet flipped 'er over. I have a CP upgraded with LiPo and a Bell Hiller head. It took me a year to get from tail-in hover to flying around.

Steve
Old 09-25-2006, 07:43 PM
J-Cube

I tried all this already. I joined RCU as soon as I got my Blade CP. I've had succsesful flights that lasted about 30+ seconds but what really made me quite was the price of replacement parts. Sorry but I'm happy with my Lama V3 (about 10 no crash flights to date) and I've decided that next summer I'll get something small, electric and fixed wing.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:34 PM
chopperdudes

J cube, 30 sec is good, but dont go so high, dont go higher than half a foot until you can hover the whole battery tail in. with the training gear, you'll not get any damage from half a foot if you drop the throttle once you feel that the heli is controlling you. yes, a lama is very stable heli, but you just wont imagine what fun it would be to do 3d. believe me, an electric airplane in my opinion is harder. not because its harder to fly, but because you can't prevent it from crashing (with a heli, if you dont go high, you'll not crash). a plane also needs more room to fly and with more space, wind will be a big factor, with yoru cp, you can learn it in your garage or drive way... i first got an aerobird extreme and found that my local park wasn't big enough, i didnt do a lot of research adn my dad's not gonna drive me 10 miles away just for me to fly it. so now, it's sitting in the corner with a busted tail. if i ever learnt to drive i might fix it, but i'm addicted to heli now.

today, i went to my local park to fly my cp. there are some little kids around and luckily, there's an adult so they wont jump on my heli while it in the air. see that, after some warm ups, i decided to try my first loop. i went up really high, bout 50 ft. adn flying max throttle, i slowlly pull the elevator back, faster and faster... however, i notice as the heli gone inverted, that i'm still in normal mode [:@]. yes, it corkscrewed out, wasnt pretty, but managed to get it right side up again at about 15 ~ 20ft, and regain control again... now that i've tried my first loop, i'll keep doing it (in idle up of course). maybe i should get a hh gyro? so the tail wont corkscrew? would a futaba gy240 work? i think i'll be pushing it's limits very soon. i dont want to brag about it, but i never thought i'll be doing my first loop in less than 3 months. now, i'm craving for a bird with more power and 3d capability.

if i do get a bigger bird, what would be the logical way to go? i have saved enough to get a trex se, but after i get it, i'll be left with like 50 100 bux for spare... i dont want to run it that dry... would a se hold up much better in crashes? how would a xl differ to a se in terms of performance? what radio should i get? i think the highest i can go is a 7c, is that enough? or should i save more money during the winter adn get the heli next year? by next year, i could've save enough for a 600... so some help here guys[8D]

oh, and j cube, with a small fix wing assuming aerobird-ish, you'll not get many repacement parts. so if i were you, i'd stick with my blade cp.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:42 PM
chopperdudes

and j cube, i'm 14 too, so there's no way that i can fly it and you cant, it's a matter patient an practices. and you should see kyle, he's right now a 11 year old flying a couple of $2000+ helis and entering compitition, he does some amazing 3d's. he put the adults to shame
i have 2 vids of him flyign the blade cp, only if i know how to post it here...
Old 09-26-2006, 07:30 PM
J-Cube

First, yeah I hear that you should get a heading head gyro. You'll need it to do stunts. Second, I know I can fly fixed wing. I've bought some cheap-o kits before and flew them like nothing. I was 7 or so at the time. The only reason I stopped was because I couldn't land it without hitting a big, steamy pile of goose crap. But now my highschool has two fields of astro-turf so that shouldn't be a problem anymore.

And third, you could just post your videos on Youtube or Putfile and just add a link here.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:16 PM
aramsdell

The thing I did best with my CP was realise that the T-rotor sucked. I got a TREX and fell in love. I've shared my love with the spare BCP parts and given one a Rex boom/belt/t-rotor. Did it myself. Own alum flat frame with the Main plastic frame of the CP bolted to it.

dark Knight 2se shaft/flange/main gear with 40 slot timing pulley bolted to bottom. Hirobo idler pulleys guide belt into boom. S75 tail servo and align gyro. Venom 3200kv brushless and matching ESC from the Night Ranger3D with a 10 tooth from a BCP brush motor.
Say MINI-REX....... Very maneuverable cause it has a TAIL-ROTOR
Old 09-27-2006, 05:12 PM
chopperdudes

j cube, i think your quite determined... ok then, good luck with your fixed wings. but just think about the money you put in the blade... oh well... good luck anyway. i do want a hh gyro but am currently saving up for a trex... so.... i guess i'll have to wait[&:]