Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

CP Hornet Vibs

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

CP Hornet Vibs

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2003, 11:42 PM
helifrek
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CP Hornet Vibs

I have a great CP hornet with delrin "speed up" tail gears, delrin main gear with one way, stainless steel hollow main shaft, and a few other things, it flies great, I did my first 540 stall turn the other day, I think it's time for some loops, my only problem is this, I have very bad vibrations at low throttle on the main blades and there outta track at low throttle, I just checked my main shaft it's straight, my blades are balanced (tracked at mid-high throttle) the one thing I see wrong if, with the rotors stopped, one sits a little lower to the tail boom, this straightens out with some throttle, anyone know what it could be? maybe the hub is bent? it's plastic, it looks straight. the part that the 3 little o-rings go into, that sits a little sideways, like theres something in it pushing harder on one side. I've took it apart a million times and nothing, I can't see the problem. any help or suggestions is appreciated. e-mail me or post.
Old 01-18-2003, 06:10 PM
helifrek
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CP Hornet Vibs

vibrations from the main rotor are solved, I put some longer screws (1mm or so) into the blade blade grips, this lets the blades move more freely, kind of like a fully flapping rotor head, my blades can move up and down about an inch if you use your hands, the blade grips sit out about 1mm farther from part EO75. the screws, being longer, are probably up against the inner part of the rotor hub ( EO74). but as mentioned above, how the blades were off track at low rpm, I can use the longer screws as "set screws" keeping everything level. this tip was givin to me by Dennis from deeteeenterprises.com, I haven't seen any tips like this and I didn't have any advice on how long the screws should be, so I used my dremel till I was happy. thes absolutly no vibs from the main rotor, but now my tail vibrates pretty bad. I put everything on one peice at a time throttleing up the heli each time a new peice was put on and everything is fine till I put the t'r blades on, there tracked perfectly, and there balanced. this isn't a little vib either, if you try to grab the tail boom, it's like one of those shocker things you try to hold on to at some game rooms, and you can hear the thing just humin. I have 2 bearings in the boom and the delrin speed up gears for the tail. any help would be great. I hope maybe this has helped someone, if anyone has any info on the longer screws please post them.

thanks