Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum

Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum

Old 12-30-2006, 01:07 PM
wport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum

Hi,

I too am a newbie looking for some help. I received a Falcon 40. My problem is that no matter how much I try to trim it out the heli tends to always steer left. I examined the swash plate and discovered that with all controls and trims centered (except of course the throttle) the swash plate, viewed from the rear leans towards the left, contrary to the instructions stating that it should be horizontal. Should the swash plate be level horizontal with all controls neutral? Is my heli defective?

Thanks,
Old 12-30-2006, 01:57 PM
J-Cube

With about half a battery charge left, I went outside today to try the Falcon 40 with Super-Skids. Everything went great! I did some hovering but I did hit the ground kinda hard once. Those Super-Skids are really super! Overall, its a great heli and the only damage I caused today were two out-of-alignment fly bar paddles. (Witch I fixed in 2 min. with a small screw driver.)

Question: How do you import pictures? I want to show off my Falcon 40 with Super-Skids!
Old 12-30-2006, 02:00 PM
J-Cube

wport, Try taking the servo link off the swash plate end and screwing the black part with the hole in, or unscrewing it until the swash plate is centered.
Old 12-30-2006, 03:13 PM
J-Cube

Here are my Falcon 40 with Super-Skids pics!

[img][/img]

I hope it worked.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om31834.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	586675   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu64079.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	586676   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej14518.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	586677  
Old 12-30-2006, 09:25 PM
makatron

i just ordered the super skids too!! hope mine looks as good as yours
Old 12-31-2006, 06:20 AM
DoomsDay

I noticed that someone way back posted asking if there was an exploded view for the falcon 40 but neer got any replies. Does anyone have an exploded view of this bird? I did a stupid thing and broke a flybar and I need a new rotor head core. I would like to get a hold of an exploded view for this heli though if anyone has one.

Thanks.
Old 12-31-2006, 12:13 PM
airwethead

Well, I did it. Ordered a Falcon 40 from Raidentech with my Christmas money.
Old 12-31-2006, 01:27 PM
DoomsDay

Those super skids look nice. Ya know, I have the strangest luck. When flying my planes I always had spare props but never needed them. Even a full throttle crash nose first which broke the motor, the entire front of the plane and a wing, the prop survived with no problems lol. It seems that the same thing is happening to me with the heli now. I have crashed it a dozen or so times, and this last crash was 6 inches from the ground and it broke the flybar and the rotor head control. My skids have never had an issue of even looking like they were taking any damage what so ever. I do know one thing I am going to do now though. I am going to create me a launch pad to lift off from because of the crab grass I have for a backyard is not good for the heli to lift out of. Its what caused my heli to lift off wrong and then im not exactly sure why it flipped onto its side like it did. I didn't give it any left control so it shouldn't have done that. I know we were having gusts of wind up to about 3mph but I don't know if one happened to come at that time, I don't remember feeling any wind when it crashed lol...
Old 12-31-2006, 01:37 PM
J-Cube

I'm also going to make a launch pad. I noticed that that fly bar sure likes to go out of pitch (twists and cracks). I may order some more of those just in cause.

As for an exploded view, couldn't tell you where to find one. I want to find it myself.
Old 01-01-2007, 09:08 PM
cefaclor

hey i'm brand new to the site and just got and new falcon 40 today. I spent hour tryin to tune it but still no luck. at low throttle the tail stays still but as soon as i up the throttle it starts to spin. any tips on tuning the heli? they woyuld be very helpful. thx
Old 01-01-2007, 09:12 PM
cefaclor

i am having trouble tuning my heli. at low trottle the tail is still but as soon as i up the throttle the tail starts to spin. any ideas would be help full. thx
Old 01-01-2007, 09:45 PM
DoomsDay

How fast is it spinning? Can you counter it with giving opposite rudder? It is possible you may need to turn the gain up on the gyro a little bit.
Old 01-02-2007, 06:43 PM
J-Cube

I hit the ground rather hard today during a flight in mild winds. Turns out my elevator servo got "stuck" in a full downward position and it wouldn't lift up. There's nothing blocking it and nothing is broken, it just wouldn't swing to an "up" position. I eventually got it to work by removing the servo linkage and manually moving the servo arm up and down while the battery was disconnected. Then, everything worked as it should again. No broken parts or anything like that. Do I have a bad servo or what? Thanks. [&:]

p.s. Love those Super-Skids!
Old 01-02-2007, 07:46 PM
DoomsDay

ORIGINAL: J-Cube

I hit the ground rather hard today during a flight in mild winds. Turns out my elevator servo got "stuck" in a full downward position and it wouldn't lift up. There's nothing blocking it and nothing is broken, it just wouldn't swing to an "up" position. I eventually got it to work by removing the servo linkage and manually moving the servo arm up and down while the battery was disconnected. Then, everything worked as it should again. No broken parts or anything like that. Do I have a bad servo or what? Thanks. [&:]

p.s. Love those Super-Skids!
Well thats the thing about bad servos. A lot of times you don't know its bad till its to late. If it hung on you once, it is liable to do it again. They are cheap enough that it isn't worth the risk of hoping that it wont fail again. I wouldn't trust that servo, but thats just me.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:46 PM
achilles1

hello,

I am buying the falcon 40 and read a lot about using a flight simulator to learn the basics. i was wondering which one should i use with the falcon 40?

thanks.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:00 PM
R/Cfantic889

Hey guys, i just ordered a Falcon 40 from nitroplanes.com and was wondering where you get upgraded parts.

Thanks!
Old 01-02-2007, 09:07 PM
DoomsDay

ORIGINAL: achilles1

hello,

I am buying the falcon 40 and read a lot about using a flight simulator to learn the basics. i was wondering which one should i use with the falcon 40?

thanks.

That all depends on how much your willing to dish out. G3 is probably the best sim out there but it is over 200 bucks. FMS is a free sim but you get what you pay for. they all will teach you handling and control, some are more life like then others. The cable that comes with the falcon 40 is meant to run on FMS. Im not sure if it would work on any others, however, G3 comes with its own fake controller and cable, so again, depends on what your willing to spend.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:11 PM
DoomsDay

ORIGINAL: R/Cfantic889

Hey guys, i just ordered a Falcon 40 from nitroplanes.com and was wondering where you get upgraded parts.

Thanks!
As far as I know, there really aren't any upgrades for the Falcon 40. You can get the super skids to add to it but I don't know of any other upgrades specifically for it. You can always buy some other blades that will fit it or replace the electronics and such but I wouldn't consider those upgrades.

This heli is meant as a trainer, there really is no reason to try and upgrade it right off the bat. It would just make your crashes that much more expensive to repair.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:38 PM
achilles1

DoomsDay,

Thank you very much for you help and clearing things up for me.

Achilles1.
Old 01-02-2007, 10:12 PM
R/Cfantic889

Thanks doomsday!

I hope i get my Falcon 40 soon.[&o]
Old 01-02-2007, 10:43 PM
makatron

i found my realflight 3g on ebay and i got it with add on #5 just for few bucks, i suggest you to go ebay cause it worth to try it

now i can fly without touchin rudder or throtle just correcting the heli moves thanx to the simulator, it may be expensive at first but it will save you loads of money in spare parts!!! i just wish i had the sim before i bough my first heli even though i enjoyed repearing them because helps you to understand how they work and stuff

welcome to the hobby!!!!
Old 01-02-2007, 11:32 PM
R/Cfantic889

Hey guys, i was just wondering were i could get some super skids for my flacon 40.

Thanks!!!
Old 01-03-2007, 02:22 PM
DoomsDay

http://www.super-skids.com/index.html
Old 01-03-2007, 04:38 PM
J-Cube

Super-Skids are also avialible at www.act-labs.com
Old 01-03-2007, 06:51 PM
My Name Is Brad

hey everyone, just got my falcon 40 today. this is my first heli ever. It seems like a really nice helicopter. Everything was pretty much setup good from the get go, besides me making a few minor adjustments. I hovered on my second battery. My longest keeping it in the air was about 20 seconds. I crashed and a bearing popped out- I just had to take off the blades and snap it back in.

Just wondering how you did on your first day with this heli. thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.