Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 339 of 385 FirstFirst ... 239289329337338339340341349 ... LastLast
Results 8,451 to 8,475 of 9614

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum

Hello all,

Got a Falcon40 V2 on the way. I have a eflight hh gyro sitting here doing nothing and was wondering if there was a mod/procedure for hooking up the hh gyro to the factory 4 in 1. Or do I have to get a eflight / esky  3in1 and do it that way. I also have a ar6100 rx laying around so maybe I could find a 3in1 or 2in1 and use BOTH my DX6i and the hh gyro. Any ideas anyone ?

Thanks,

Mike

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That has been done with a3 in1.
    The only stupid question is the one you forgot to ask.
    If it\'\'\'\'s not broke don\'\'\'\'t fix it!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

best of luck to all of you. I'll be logging out now.
    Wow, one of the 'old-timers'. Best of luck to you Larry.
    Hope everyone is well, thought I'd check in and see how my old 'heli forum stoming grounds' is doing; apparently it's doing quite well!
    irony [ay-ruh-nee, ay-er-nee] adj.:
    Like goldy or bronzy, except made of iron

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Brog, long time no see. A few of us old timers still left. Still flying my f-40, that's the only one I have. Still having fun with it. Take care, and drop in every now and then.

Jim
    Fly Safe...Have Fun.....
    Custer Wore Arrow Shirts !!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ok, since I want to repair my heli (or use stuff from another) here's what I've found that might be suitable...
    -a ready, working falcon 40 v1 with extras for $45
    -an e sky honey bee v2 for $80 (I bet I could negotiate lower though)
    -a 4ch heli (works) called the "cyclone" for $50 (it looks a lot like the walkera #4)
    my dilema is this; I'm not sure whether I should get a honey bee v2 and use parts from it for the falcon, or get a falcon 40 v1 and use parts from it for mine...if I wanted to just get the honey bee, Icould take parts from my falcon and use them for that (such as superskids)
    what do you guys think is the best option?

and I forgot to add-since I'm doing planes too now, I have 2 1250mah 7.4v lipos that I might be able to use in the falcon/HB v2
    thanks
    -maxmax77
    Never stand in a shadow that\'\'\'\'s getting bigger.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Most of the parts for a HB V2 won't fit a F40 V1. 7.4v LiPos won't work on the HB V2 (it needs 3 cells). So, getting a HB V2 for spare parts isn't a good solution... But, it's a better heli with a better radio system and parts are available.
    Gary
    SuperSkidsยฎ

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: SilverSmith

Hello all,Got a Falcon40 V2 on the way. I have a eflight hh gyro sitting here doing nothing and was wondering if there was a mod/procedure for hooking up the hh gyro to the factory 4 in 1. Or do I have to get a eflight / esky ย*3in1 and do it that way. I also have a ar6100 rx laying around so maybe I could find a 3in1 or 2in1 and use BOTH my DX6i and the hh gyro. Any ideas anyone ? Thanks,
    Mike
    As Disney says, you'll need a 3in1. The 4in1 has a gyro all ready, and there's not clean way to bypass it. And you can convert the electronics to whatever you need (but not sure if it's prudent, unless you just want to have some fun!).

-Dave
    Helicopter: Closest fulfillment of the flying horse and magic carpet. Igor Sikorsky
    Royal EVO9 TX/F40,HBFP,Trex450Sport

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: GTX SlotCar

Most of the parts for a HB V2 won't fit a F40 V1. 7.4v LiPos won't work on the HB V2 (it needs 3 cells). So, getting a HB V2 for spare parts isn't a good solution... But, it's a better heli with a better radio system and parts are available.
    ok, thanks. I know that I could use the superskids I have on my falcon for the HB v2, just not sure if I want to change helis...
    I also have a 1400 mah 11.1v lipo (3c) that I got with my art-tech corsair. Maybe I could use that?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well max, sounds like you have a few choices? How much spare parts do you have from your old Falcon?

-Dave
    Helicopter: Closest fulfillment of the flying horse and magic carpet. Igor Sikorsky

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: dknovick

Well max, sounds like you have a few choices? How much spare parts do you have from your old Falcon?

-Dave
    I have a cnc head set, a DD tail motor, a brushed main motor (both motors fitted w/ fuse mod) SuperSkids, the transmitter, the crystals, the canopy (barely-it's held together by tape) a few servos (being used in my planes) the paddles (not superpaddles) the flybar and a tail boom or two.
    -maxmax77

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Anyone on here have an extra 2in1 or 3in1 and a hh gyro they would like to part with? If so please pm me.

Thanks, Jim
    Fly Safe...Have Fun.....
    Custer Wore Arrow Shirts !!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've priced out all my choices, and here's what I think makes sense.
    I could do one of three things...
    1) buy a new falcon 40 on craigslist for $45

2) Buy a better (used) helicopter, then take the electronics from it for the falcon and use the better heli later

3) buy all the replacement parts I need ($45-$55)

I think I'm going to get the Falcon 40 on Craigslist, because I'll be able to take parts from it for my falcon-including the RX/TX/crystals. Plus, I'll have tons of extra parts for when I crash the heli.

Is this a good choice? I probably sound stupid here, but I'm pretty new to helis and am not sure whether another option is better.

thanks
    -maxmax77

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

edit

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: maxmax77

I just found the Blade CP on HK for $50. That store seems to enjoy slamming other store's prices

blade cp
    Decisions... decisions...

No, you don't sound stupid. It sounds like you've done a lot of looking/thinking.

I'd agree with you on #1, with one question you have a V1 F40, right? What's the one on craigslist? (and in either case, would it just be for the 4in1?)

With #1, you have all the parts you need, and you're not "locked in" to using the #2 heli in the future. This keeps your options open. And with #3 all you're getting is the replacements parts, while #1 you get the heli and another TX.

-Dave

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just found the Blade CP on HK for $50. That store seems to enjoy slamming other store's prices

blade cp
    Decisions... decisions...

No, you don't sound stupid. It sounds like you've done a lot of looking/thinking.

I'd agree with you on #1, with one question you have a V1 F40, right? What's the one on craigslist? (and in either case, would it just be for the 4in1?)

With #1, you have all the parts you need, and you're not ''locked in'' to using the #2 heli in the future. This keeps your options open. And with #3 all you're getting is the replacements parts, while #1 you get the heli and another TX.

-Dave

yeah, my heli is v1. The one on craigslist is a v1 also. I would get all the parts a brand new falcon 40 v1 has, plus a few extras. 'l need to get a bit from Micheal at USHobySupply, but that's for other things (planes and such)

thanks
    -Max

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm planning on getting superblades from the great M (USHobbySupply)

he said that he would have them in stock by the end of this week

since nobody seems to have tried them yet, I'll tell you how they work out...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sweet! Sounds great.

-Dave

p.s. I hope your new quote isn't a similar reflection of what your old quote was?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Max...which Superblades are you going to get? My buddy has the EZ's and we haven't been able to get them to work...as of yet. I do have the XP's but I'm in the middle of a frame change so I've yet to try them out. Ken
    T-Rex 450 Sport, T-28D Trojan BNF, Ultra Micro T-28 Trojan BNF, Falcon 40, Blade mSR BNF, Hobbyzone Champ, DX7

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey you guys!    Hope all is well with everyone!   I would be interested to hear about the superblades.   Sounds a little too good to be true but if they do hover nice,i would be interested to get some too cause screw that flyin around buissness..............ain't nothin prettier than a hoverin heli!  LOL   Seriously..............I love the slow flight thing but I got tail control down now!  Workin on nose in control and figure 8's!   Still waitin on them HK 450 Kits!  ANY DAY NOW!    ttyl  ~Peace~
    Skid side down!~Peace~
    F40/HK450/Dx6i

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: nascarfaad

Max...which Superblades are you going to get? My buddy has the EZ's and we haven't been able to get them to work...as of yet. I do have the XP's but I'm in the middle of a frame change so I've yet to try them out. Ken
    I hadn't thought about htat...I think I'll get the EZs, because I'm still pretty new to helis.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sweet! Sounds great.

-Dave

p.s. I hope your new quote isn't a similar reflection of what your old quote was?

nope, my pants weren't on fire last I checked

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Fretromper

Hey you guys!ย*ย*ย* Hope all is well with everyone!ย*ย* I would be interested to hear about the superblades.ย*ย* Sounds a little too good to be true but if they do hover nice,i would be interested to get some too cause screw that flyin around buissness..............ain't nothin prettier than a hoverin heli!ย* LOLย*ย* Seriously..............I love the slow flight thing but I got tail control down now!ย* Workin on nose in control and figure 8's!ย*ย* Still waitin on them HK 450 Kits!ย* ANY DAY NOW!ย*ย*ย* ttylย* ~Peace~
    this put your doubts to rest? the heli's hovering without any input from him in that vid

let us know how that HK-450 kit works out-I'm tempted to get one [8D]

regards
    -Max

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Guys.. great forum.
    I feel like I have been reading this thing for about a week.

One question, I am kind of a computer guy, but I go to plug this transmitter into my computer (to try and run a sim) and I must be missing something.
    The Falcon comes with a cable that has a round (looks like a ps2 or svideo) end that plugs into thetransmitterand a serial (rs232) - 9 pin female end.
    I have never seen this on a computer?
    Itcertaintyis not on my laptop anywhere.. am I missing somehting?
    What do you guys do, buy a 9 pin male to 15 pin male converter for this thing to plug in to the computer?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Also, while I have you I keep breaking the rotor head core... any replacement brands(viper? hitec?) I could look for at my local shop?
    These guys are killing me with the shipping.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: rwgreen1173

ย*Hi Guys.. great forum.
    I feel like I have been reading this thing for about a week.

One question, I am kind of a computer guy, but I go to plug this transmitter into my computer (to try and run a sim) and I must be missing something.
    The Falcon comes with a cable that has a round (looks like a ps2 or svideo) end that plugs into theย*transmitterย*and a serial (rs232) - 9 pin female end.
    I have never seen this on a computer?
    Itย*certaintyย*is not on my laptop anywhere.. am I missing somehting?
    What do you guys do, buy a 9 pin male to 15 pin male converter for this thing to plug in to the computer?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Also, while I have you I keep breaking the rotor head core... any replacement brands(viper? hitec?) I could look for at my local shop?
    These guys are killing me with the shipping.

hey rwgreen, welcome to the forum. I haven't the foggiest idea why your cable that came w/ your falcon was screwed up...here's what it should look like;
    there should be the plug on one end that you stick into the transmitter, and a USB plug on the other. Your clearly doesn't, but try contacting wherever you bought your heli from to see if you can figure out a solution.

do you have a falcon 40 v1 or v2? If you have the v1, then I strongly recommend going to US Hobby Supply for all your parts. Again assuming that you have the v1, you can get the metal rotor head core that will never break and provides much more stable flight. It seems pricy up front, but a metal head in any way pays for itself in replacement parts quickly. You should also install the fuse mod. The fuse mod prevents you from blowing up your 4in1-and that's a costly mistake . The fuse mod is out of stock right now, but Micheal (USHobbySupply) said they should be back in stock by the end of the week.

hope this helps and happy flying
    -Max

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Guys,

Which will be my best bet for a first time FP helicopter....................Falcon 40 V2 or a HB V2??

Thanks!!
    Rebel Racing
    HTTP://WWW.REBELRACING.8K.COM