Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 08:44 PM
maxmax77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum

ORIGINAL: dknovick

ORIGINAL: maxmax77

cool! How do you like it so far? It looks really nice
I LOVE it!

Great build quality, smooth as silk.

-Dave
one more quick question. I noticed that the transmitter you're using in the vid isn't 2.4ghz...what transmitter/reciever are you using? (I'm asking because if it's not outrageously expensive, I might get it)

thanks
-Max
Old 02-03-2010, 08:56 PM
Yellow Crow
My Feedback: (1)

Also guys, before it gets pushed too far back, check my post 8483. Don't need tx or rx. I have Airtronics RDS8000 2.4 g system to go in it.

Thanks
Jim

may consider some boot. let me know. JB

Old 02-03-2010, 09:38 PM
Fretromper

DAVES da man!     Good to see you got the trex up and running again!  My girlfriend was standing behind me when i was watchin your vid and she said I moaned every time you brushed the ground!  LMAO   

Max I got a couple of them HK 450's comin.  I'll let ya know and post some pics!    I gotta believe Dave is right though.  Probably gonna see that you get what you pay for.......But this is how we learn..................

Got my Dx6i the other day!   I love it!   That reciever is so small I'm scared I'm gonna break it just handling it!  LOL  NOT!!!!     Can't wait to get one of these together!    Did the steel rod flybar on the Falcon and got some superskids and some superblades comin!  Will keep ya'all posted!    Hope everyone is well and money shoots out all our bumms soon!   

Skid side down!  ~Peace~
Old 02-04-2010, 09:18 AM
maxmax77

ORIGINAL: Fretromper

DAVES da man! Good to see you got the trex up and running again! My girlfriend was standing behind me when i was watchin your vid and she said I moaned every time you brushed the ground! LMAO

Max I got a couple of them HK 450's comin. I'll let ya know and post some pics! I gotta believe Dave is right though. Probably gonna see that you get what you pay for.......But this is how we learn..................

Got my Dx6i the other day! I love it! That reciever is so small I'm scared I'm gonna break it just handling it! LOL NOT!!!! Can't wait to get one of these together! Did the steel rod flybar on the Falcon and got some superskids and some superblades comin! Will keep ya'all posted! Hope everyone is well and money shoots out all our bumms soon!

Skid side down! ~Peace~
hey, the reviews for the HK-450 are all five stars! I'll bet the kit is pretty good-just not as good as the T-Rex 450 SE is [8D]
-Max
Old 02-04-2010, 09:32 AM
maxmax77

wow-we wracked up an entire page in under an hour yesterday!
Old 02-04-2010, 11:35 AM
Fretromper

Yea! LOL The way we chat we need an Instant Messinger in here! I am also an Avid Guitar player guys! You can find me on camfrog under the "general" tab In eather a room called "acoustic jam" or a room called"live music cafe". I go by the name "Fretromper" on there. Or just Go on Facebook and search"Walter Bower". Thats me!

In the process of rebuilding the Falcon today! Should be up and flying by the afternoon! YAY!

Skid side down! ~Peace~
Old 02-04-2010, 12:25 PM
maxmax77

I'm dreaming of getting [link=http://www.nitroplanes.com/dy6che450me3.html]this 450 heli[/link] and upgrading the receiver/TX. from what I've heard that's the only bad part of that heli

course, I'm only dreaming here
-Max
Old 02-04-2010, 03:27 PM
dknovick

one more quick question. I noticed that the transmitter you're using in the vid isn't 2.4ghz...what transmitter/reciever are you using? (I'm asking because if it's not outrageously expensive, I might get it)

thanks
-Max
So, the long azz antenna gave it away?
Alas, it is expensive. It's a Muptiplex [link=http://www.multiplexusa.com/radios-and-components/radio-systems/royal_evo_9.html]Royal Evo 9[/link]. 9 Channel Synthesized FM TX.

the Receiver is cheap... [link=http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=7527&Product_Name=Corona_Synthesized_Dual-Conv_Receiver_6Ch_72Mhz]Corona 6 ch Synthesized[/link]

The Evo lets me do a lot of things that the "Japanese" radios don't let you do. Most important, I can update the firmware, and the transmitter is modular, so when they come out with 2.4 (which is suppose to be the summer), all I have to do is swap it out.

-Dave
Old 02-04-2010, 03:29 PM
dknovick

DAVES da man! Good to see you got the trex up and running again! My girlfriend was standing behind me when i was watchin your vid and she said I moaned every time you brushed the ground! LMAO
LOL

Max I got a couple of them HK 450's comin. I'll let ya know and post some pics!
Looking forward to a review!

Got my Dx6i the other day! I love it! That reciever is so small I'm scared I'm gonna break it just handling it! LOL NOT!!!! Can't wait to get one of these together! Did the steel rod flybar on the Falcon and got some superskids and some superblades comin! Will keep ya'all posted!
Nice, good luck with the Falcon (and the HKs)

-Dave
Old 02-04-2010, 03:35 PM
dknovick

I'm dreaming of getting [link=http://www.nitroplanes.com/dy6che450me3.html]this 450 heli[/link] and upgrading the receiver/TX. from what I've heard that's the only bad part of that heli

-Max
Cool! Some dreams can come true!

The pitch servo is up front! I hate the gyro out in the open!

-Dave
Old 02-04-2010, 04:05 PM
dknovick

ORIGINAL: Yellow Crow

Also guys, before it gets pushed too far back, check my post 8483. Don't need tx or rx.
I think I'm going to keep my 450 for now

-Dave
Old 02-04-2010, 05:14 PM
maxmax77

thanks
-Max
So, the long azz antenna gave it away?
Alas, it is expensive. It's a Muptiplex [link=http://www.multiplexusa.com/radios-and-components/radio-systems/royal_evo_9.html]Royal Evo 9[/link]. 9 Channel Synthesized FM TX.

the Receiver is cheap... [link=http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=7527&Product_Name=Corona_Synthesized_Dual-Conv_Receiver_6Ch_72Mhz]Corona 6 ch Synthesized[/link]

The Evo lets me do a lot of things that the ''Japanese'' radios don't let you do. Most important, I can update the firmware, and the transmitter is modular, so when they come out with 2.4 (which is suppose to be the summer), all I have to do is swap it out.

-Dave
yeah, I suppose you could say that

$500...that's a lot! Really nice radio though

I'm dreaming of getting this 450 heli and upgrading the receiver/TX. from what I've heard that's the only bad part of that heli

-Max

The pitch servo is up front! I hate the gyro out in the open!

-Dave
"the pitch servo is up front!"
is that good, bad, or just different?

"I hate the gyro out in the open!"
me too, I'll have to change where it sits if I get it

-Max
Old 02-04-2010, 06:24 PM
dknovick

$500...that's a lot! Really nice radio though
I got it from Tom's RC on ebay. Looks like it's ~$440

''the pitch servo is up front!''
is that good, bad, or just different?

''I hate the gyro out in the open!''
me too, I'll have to change where it sits if I get it
Just different. I don't know enough to say if it's good or bad. Many that I've seen, had them in the back.

Good plan with the Gyro. Finless Bob hates putting them there! One rotor strike (or flybar strike), and you can take out your gyro as well as the rotor head.

-Dave
Old 02-04-2010, 06:26 PM
maxmax77

-Max

-Dave
There's a [link=http://www.xheli.com/ne2ve6che450.html]2.4ghz version as well![/link] man, my brain's pushing me to click the "buy it!" button, but I don't think I'm going to until I get my golf club re-gripping business off the ground. It's one of the simplest ways to make money in my opinion!

-Max
Old 02-04-2010, 06:35 PM
dknovick

There's a [link=http://www.xheli.com/ne2ve6che450.html]2.4ghz version as well![/link] man, my brain's pushing me to click the ''buy it!'' button, but I don't think I'm going to until I get my golf club re-gripping business off the ground. It's one of the simplest ways to make money in my opinion!

-Max
Oooooooh! Max, get a grip!
Good luck with the business.

-Dave
Old 02-05-2010, 09:13 AM
maxmax77

you know what's funny? that's exactly what it's called..Max's "Get a Grip!" re-gripping

thanks. It's just something to earn some money here and there, nothing really serious
Old 02-05-2010, 09:37 AM
maxmax77

I talked to some people on other forums (wattflyer) and they said that a good CP heli that isn't too expensive is the belt cp v2. I suppose I could get one and upgrade the head to cnc after I break the plastic one...hmmmm

decisions, decisions, decisions
-Max
Old 02-05-2010, 01:34 PM
Brokeanother

my phone had 30 emails from rcuniverse... good job everyone

Old 02-05-2010, 05:25 PM
dknovick

I talked to some people on other forums (wattflyer) and they said that a good CP heli that isn't too expensive is the belt cp v2. I suppose I could get one and upgrade the head to cnc after I break the plastic one...hmmmm

-Max
I've heard good things about the belp cpv2 (and you can always ask on their thread). Take you time, look around, figure out what you want to pay, and what you want to get. Maybe even do it in pieces. Buy a gyro on sale... buy some servos on sale...

-Dave
Old 02-05-2010, 07:19 PM
maxmax77

-Max
I've heard good things about the belp cpv2 (and you can always ask on their thread). Take you time, look around, figure out what you want to pay, and what you want to get. Maybe even do it in pieces. Buy a gyro on sale... buy some servos on sale...

-Dave
I like that idea...maybe I'll get a belt cpv2 barebones (if they have that) and trick it out with discounted high-quality electronic stuff
-Max
Old 02-05-2010, 08:28 PM
maxmax77

ORIGINAL: Brokeanother

my phone had 30 emails from rcuniverse... good job everyone

we're good at talking [8D]
Old 02-06-2010, 09:33 AM
Fretromper

LOL    Got them HK 450 Kits yesterday!     Yea man!   Not too shabby.   Just about like the reviews.    Allen screw heads are chincey and strip out easy so you need to eather be really careful or have a new allen wrench that won't round them off.  Personally I think I'm gonna take the time to replace them all with Better ones.    Rotor heads not too shabby..........still lotsa plastic though.   The biggest thing that caught my eye is,why on gods green earth did they put a plastic shaft for the tail gear off the main drive for the belt!!!???    I ain't even gonna spin it up with that in there!  I see a catastrophic falure immenent with that!   Gonna replace it with steel!   I'm an avid tinkerer and I just love stripping old computer printers and VCR's apart!   Lotsa gears,shafts,and tiny ball bearings in them!     Well.................Its out to the workshop today!  I'll post a pic of more pro's and cons so you guys get a good idea of these kits......ttyl

Skid side down!  ~Peace~
Old 02-06-2010, 09:57 AM
maxmax77

great, thanks. Let us know how it flies!
Old 02-06-2010, 10:05 PM
dknovick

LOL Got them HK 450 Kits yesterday! Yea man! Not too shabby. Just about like the reviews. Allen screw heads are chincey and strip out easy so you need to eather be really careful or have a new allen wrench that won't round them off. Personally I think I'm gonna take the time to replace them all with Better ones.
Yeah, that sounds like a much better option! Keep us informed.

-Dave
Old 02-07-2010, 10:17 AM
Fretromper

Ko you guys..................Heres my take...............I put the kit together "bare bones" first as I'm waiting on some stuff and i wanted you to see what you get right out the box. You can see the plastic shaft in the tail gear...thats gotta go!! The motor mount is CNC. thats cool. Most of the frame is put together factory. So is the rotor head. Tail assembly is too. I still did the loc-tite thing.........you guys know!!!! All in all I think it'll work..........You guys that have the Trex 450 I would be interested to hear what was stock and "better" or different with it than this kit. They give you a nice blade holder for transport and storage. Plenty of "spare" bolts and nuts too. For the frame and rotor head and rotor blades and all...............
I do have a question for you experienced helifreaks.............One of the main rotor blades has a little "swoop" to it. Not bad but in another words....If you look straight up the blade from the outer edge tward the rotor head,it has a slight upward "curve" to it I was wondering on a CP if this would be an issue. I have heard of alot of others getting better rotor blades right off the bat and not using the stock ones.
Also the frame,edges are sharp...........No real big thing,but be aware.It comes packed in a nice package. Double boxed and I would be ok to drop it while packed and still not worry about damage. You guys have any other questions or anything you wanna know.........lemme know...........I got 2. For $30.00 I think you can't beat it.

Skid side down! ~Peace~

P.S. Pay no mind to the freak in the mirror!!!!! LMAO
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30560.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	1373676   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf14124.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	1373677   Click image for larger version

Name:	Va73235.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	1373678   Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85833.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	1373679   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg17284.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	1373680   Click image for larger version

Name:	Io28818.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	1373681   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qj19735.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	1373682  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.