Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 06:24 AM
Yellow Crow
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum

Okay, anyone on here want to upgrade from the F40? I have a Blade400 with more spare parts and accessories than I can list. Will make somebody one heck of a deal. Also includes Airtronics 8 channel 2.4 g radio system. Would prefer pickup as shipping all this would be a hassel. I live in northeast Alabama, and can meet you somewhere. If interested 256-506-9331. Thanks guys. Fly safeHave fun.Jim
Old 10-13-2011, 04:50 PM
dknovick

ORIGINAL: Disney1

Lurk, Lurk.
[img][/img]
I am still hiding out here too

Ron Sr
Lurk.. Lurk...

Likewise.

-Dave
Old 01-03-2012, 10:13 PM
stalledout

Looking up flybar mod, found it, .078 music wire, or 2mm carbon. 175mm long. Just broke mine tonight, I do have a spare frame I can take one off of, but will see if I have any .078 music wire around.

Also, still interested in any of the CNC hopup parts that anyone may have laying around and not using.

e-mail me
Old 01-04-2012, 06:21 PM
dknovick

ORIGINAL: stalledout

Looking up flybar mod, found it, .078 music wire, or 2mm carbon. 175mm long. Just broke mine tonight, I do have a spare frame I can take one off of, but will see if I have any .078 music wire around.
That sounds about right. If you don't have any around, try a local hobby or arts & crafts store.

-Dave
Old 01-05-2012, 09:17 PM
stalledout

I ended up creating a flybar rod from a used bike spoke.

My heli always wants to go left. When I was repairing it, I noticed that one servo was set so the swashplate was not level, the left side was higher (looking from the back of the heli, or as if you were sitting in the heli). I adjusted the servo arm so the swashplate was level and then flew the heli. Now the heli always wants to go to the left unless I have the right stick all the way to the right. I think I had previously adjusted the swashplate/servo to get rid of this left turning tendency. Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:28 AM
EAGLE47

I have an Exceed Falcon 40 v1 that does nothing.  I have charged the batteries, checked the crystals, and checked the antenna.  It worked for a a minute or two and stopped working abruptly. The servos come to life when the battery is connected.  It acts like it is not getting any signal.   It is either the transmitter or receiver.  Is this a normal problem for this model.  It appears that it is hard to purchase the transmitter and receiver, so I am assuming there are others witht he same issue.  Is there another transmitter / receiver set up I can purchase that would work?

Old 01-16-2012, 09:17 AM
GTX SlotCar

You have to let the Rx (receiver) arm itself and there's a safety feature. Try this:
1. You have to make sure the Transmitter throttle and throttle trim lever are all the way down (that's the safety feature).
2. Turn on the Tx (transmitter).
3. Plug in the helicopter batter.

After a couple seconds the servos should make a quick move as they arm. After that the Tx and heli should work OK.
Old 01-16-2012, 11:31 AM
dknovick

I ended up creating a flybar rod from a used bike spoke.
Cool!

I think I had previously adjusted the swashplate/servo to get rid of this left turning tendency. Any suggestions?
Thanks.
So, you're heli was going to the left, you adjusted it (from what you could tell), and it still goes left. Let's see:
1) Did you adjust the servos when then where on, and in the neural position? (unplug the main motor, so you don't turn it on by mistake).
2) How did you adjust the servo arms?
3) Double check that nothing else is broken. You may have a broken part that causing the heli to go to the left.
4) Double check the balance. Make sure it doesn't lean to the left.

-Dave
Old 01-16-2012, 11:34 AM
dknovick

ORIGINAL: EAGLE47

The servos come to life when the battery is connected. It acts like it is not getting any signal. It is either the transmitter or receiver. Is this a normal problem for this model. It appears that it is hard to purchase the transmitter and receiver, so I am assuming there are others witht he same issue. Is there another transmitter / receiver set up I can purchase that would work?

...to add to what Gary said...

Make sure you haven't flipped a switch to invert the transmitter, so that stop (full down), is now full on. In which case, it won't arm.

The servos turn on, so there's power getting to the 4in1. What is the led doing? Slow blink, fast blink, no blink...?
Old 03-07-2012, 06:31 AM
fz1speedrider

hey i hae a new falcon 40 v2 have any of u guys tweaked the gyro at all ? it flies ok but its a little tempramental the nose moves around and stuff we have trimmed it and its a little better but i ve heard that the tail ruddr is a little unresponsive and i thought about tweaking the gyro to be more responsive.. where can i go to find out exactly about the trim settings on the radio control and gyro settings for this heli...is there a website dedicated for this heli? any help would be apreciated.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:37 PM
dknovick

ORIGINAL: fz1speedrider

hey i hae a new falcon 40 v2 have any of u guys tweaked the gyro at all ? it flies ok but its a little tempramental the nose moves around and stuff we have trimmed it and its a little better but i ve heard that the tail ruddr is a little unresponsive and i thought about tweaking the gyro to be more responsive.. where can i go to find out exactly about the trim settings on the radio control and gyro settings for this heli...is there a website dedicated for this heli? any help would be apreciated.
This is probably the best place to go for answers...

You can try, various people have had various results. The screw adjustment changes the gain (or at least should) on the tail. More gain will help the tail better "lock on". Too much, and the tail will "seek" (wag back and forth) while it's just hovering.

-Dave
Old 09-16-2012, 06:27 PM
robotronski

Wow, you guys have really kept this thread alive and active!!!! And yes, I still have my Falcon 40's. Don't fly them too much but they really helped me get a grip on my nose in flight orientation without getting too chicken to try it. As of today, only one has officially died, I gave it to a local kid and it lasted exactly one day. He roasted the motor controller when he dug it in I guess. Even the transmitter antenna broke off!!!! I have been flying 450 size helis for a while. Not really a wild 3D pilot to be honest, mostly enjoy fast forward flight and the occasional loop. I am in the process of finishing an electric 500 size scale ship (Sikorsky Sea King in 1960's US Navy color scheme) Will have 2 radios as the 2nd radio/pilot works the door mechanism and hoist winch along with lighting circuits. Hope all of you are having fun out there .... Later, Robo
Old 09-16-2012, 06:32 PM
robotronski

Btw , if you want a fun tiny heli, look up the WL Toys V911, it has an awesome gyro and the tail really stays put. Can fly it somewhat in mild wind with full forward trim. About 50 bucks everywhere. I got one as a gift and love it.
Old 09-21-2012, 05:38 PM
dknovick

ORIGINAL: robotronski

Wow, you guys have really kept this thread alive and active!!!! And yes, I still have my Falcon 40's.
We do what we can. Most of us have graduated to a CP heli of some sort, but still hold the F40 near and dear.

Thanks for the heads up on the WL Toys V911

-Dave
Old 01-25-2018, 06:52 AM
flymorenow

Need a tail motor for my Falcon 40.
Nobody has these in stock anymore, 50h01-15
Any ideas what will work?

thanks
Old 01-25-2018, 09:18 AM
One Mile Up

Originally Posted by flymorenow
Need a tail motor for my Falcon 40.
Nobody has these in stock anymore, 50h01-15
Any ideas what will work?

thanks
Ha, I will just sell you everything I have for my Falcon 40 -- I did a bunch of little upgrades and it just collects dust now... bunch of extra parts -- LMK if you are interested.
Old 01-25-2018, 10:40 AM
flymorenow

Sure, I'm interested but most parts are way discounted now and in stock,
For example,
Rotor Head 50H01-01-1
Regular Price: $6.95
On Sale Now: $1.00

Main Gear 50H01-04
Regular Price: $10.40
On Sale Now: $3.00
You save 71%

What parts do you have?
Old 01-27-2018, 10:26 AM
flymorenow

How do you get the rotor head off the Falcon 40?
Has anyone replaced this?
Old 05-28-2021, 08:48 AM
Mysterp

Default Sorry to revive dead thread.

I have recently came across a beauty, looks brand new, 2 batteries, like 4 sets of main and tail rotors, missing the shell and instructions.
I have looked everywhere and cannot find a single link that actually has the manual. Also I've read that the controller takes 8 AA batteries but this one came with a port that looks like the helicopter batteries, when plugged in I think I may have over charged a pack, it's ok tho I have hundreds of those exact packs. I just want to know how this works and to be honest it's my first hobby rc of any kind, and first time ever trying to fly a heli.

Is there anyway to upgrade to a stronger motor? I have plenty of 540s laying about but they seem too heavy and drone motors I don't think can crank that big gear to rotor.
Also I'm into rc cars more, I found this at a local thrift for 10 bucks, if I wanted to use say the gyro and the esc and receiver in a drift car, in theory it should work, I mean it sounds right lol, is there a difference in on ground and in air systems?