Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum

Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum

Old 10-20-2007, 12:14 AM
chevypower1930

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Falcon 40 (Exceed heli) Forum

yaa I read about that mod.. I may do that when i get my new bearings in
Old 10-20-2007, 12:35 AM
USHobbySupply

Ok, finally got some time to try this topic out from earlier. (only cause its 1:30 am)

Got my AR6100t RX from my CX2 rebound to the tx. I'm not sure it was ever bound correctly. Its much better now!

Moved my RX from the CX2 to a Falcon40/W#4, with the following product:
http://www.ushobbysupply.com/product...roducts_id=247

I was afraid that the CX2 TX did some type of internal mixing to account for the offset from 90degree swash. But it seems to work fine

I was only able to hook up the tail motor, but from bench testing, this thing will FLY!

New frankenheli in the works!

ORIGINAL: USHobbySupply

ORIGINAL: gpach

The only way it would work then would be to migrate the 3-1 and the reciever from my cx2 over. I don't know enough to know if the current rating etc of the 3-1 would be able to handle the main rotor motor.

Will leave well enough alone and just fly (well maybe chase it around the floor) with the electronics it comes with.

Regards

Michael, can you reccomend a spares package for the falcon? Not sure what all I will need put presumably at least the following

- 2 sets main rotors
- 1 tail rotor motor
- 2 tail rotors

I know with my cx2 I have a problem landing skids (maybe the problem isn't the skids but my landings), how are the skids on the falcon?

As well read somewhere on here that the bearings in the main head tend to jump off and get lost, is there a mod to stop this?

Regards

Sorry guys, i headed off to bed last night.

I'm not sure whether you would have to migrate the CX 3&1 over also, or whether it would work. I will try tonight around 7:00 pm (edt) with My BCX Spectrum RX and the Eflite 3&1 i posted about earlier.

As far as spares, where is what i went through often, in order of importance:

Blades
Top frame connectors
Main shafts (with gear)
Tail blades
tail gear (they fly off never to be found again)
Frames

ORIGINAL: Bones27
UShobbysupply carries them for the Falcon and they were giving you a free set of blades with purchase of Super Skids, not sure if that is still going on though.
Yes, that deal is still in effect.

Mr. Bernsteein, why wouldn't the CX2 TX work with the CX2 RX and the unit you sugested above on the Falcon?
The original CX2 transmitter may or may not work depending on its internal mixing. The cx2 also has a 90 degree swash, but its not at the same angle as the Falcon40/Walkera#4.
But, its all very interesting and definitely worth a try tonight.

Old 10-20-2007, 12:39 AM
Bones27

Michael, that is so cool, keep us posted when you get a flight or two in.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:08 PM
usafcsar

Thanks man I really appreciate it. after seing all the bearing posts maybe I should have done that too! I did put my superskids on though, painted the whole package red, Ill try to post a photo soon. Later
Old 10-20-2007, 01:28 PM
usafcsar

Ok I hope this works, heres the SS paint job, note the tail rotor.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Eb86676.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	786587   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb88235.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	786588  
Old 10-20-2007, 01:30 PM
USHobbySupply

Michael, that is so cool, keep us posted when you get a flight or two in.
Ok, did one battery pack this morning. Flys real well. Smooth, very smooth. I have to rebuild my #4, it has a slightly bent main shaft, but it still fly's ok. I can hover in my small basement. But it looks like a successful mod!
Old 10-20-2007, 03:42 PM
Bones27

Michael, that is good news. I might try too upgrade one of my Falcons.

USAF, the Super Skids look amazing. I had never thought about painting a set, that's why it's always good to get new blood in the club.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:31 PM
usafcsar

I just want to fly for more than 20 sec! I know Iam assuming alot but D@#$ I am impatient!
Old 10-20-2007, 08:15 PM
Bones27

USAF, it took me almost two months of flying everyday to get up to a couple of minutes of tail in hovering without landing, six months later I can stay in the air for a whole battery pack now. I still haven't mastered nose in hovering yet.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:42 PM
USHobbySupply

took me about 2 to 3 months, 3 packs a day, and lots and lots of spares to get to a decent hover.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:58 PM
usafcsar

If you get an in residence seat let me know. Ill be here for another 3 yaears. I meet m first chief board next year. I had a really good shot as a 4NO, but as an 8T it will be interesting. Really though, its nice to be home everyday I havent had that luxury in 20 years. My three year old barley knows me, but we are working on it.
Old 10-20-2007, 09:04 PM
Bones27

It is nice to home, bad thing for me now that I am home my son is away at college. I guess that's the price you pay.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:52 PM
jerryboy111

http://www.ushobbysupply.com/product...products_id=39

These are the large bearings that go on the rotor head core, and connect the rotor head.
yea, it's pretty good those upgrades
Old 10-21-2007, 08:19 PM
Bones27

Motor update on the Mabuchi Gold main motor that I have been testing, on the 48th full battery pack flight I got the old dreaded heli won't get but a foot off the ground flight. I decided to take the motor apart and see what went wrong in it. The only thing I could find was a black deposit on the commutator. The brushes were only about half worn out. So I cleaned the commutator with 1000 grit sand paper and CRC contact cleaner, reassembled the motor, put a drop of 3-in-1 oil on each bearing sleeve, ran the motor for 30 min on two AA batteries to reseat the brushes, put it back in the heli and made two more full battery pack flight (batteries recharging now) and it flew with just as much power as it did brand new. The test continues, I'll keep ya'll posted. The century tail motor is still working perfectly after 49 full battery pack flights (Knock On Wood!).
Old 10-22-2007, 07:33 PM
mrasmm

worked like a charm. now the cx2 is back, and i can try the #4/Falcon40 again.

Michael

I'm a little late =) I'm glad it worked though, as i keep reading I will probably find out that you've already tested it. Shesh, not getting on RCU for 5 days leaves you alot of reading to do =P
Old 10-22-2007, 07:48 PM
chevypower1930

hey all... got a lot of new parts in from the mail today it was like christmas day haha... I replaced hte flybar as I had a metal heavy one from a raptor on there.... and landing skids (were all beat to hell and held on w/ lots of ca) rotor head core bearings (had custom plastic ones in there) and flybar paddles... flies AMAZING again now.. I forgot how great and stable the copter was with all the acutal parts on it and me fighting trying to keep it in the air before w/ all my custom parts on it.. made me GREAT at flying it how its supposed to made my first high speed passes outside today and acdtually did some nose in and side hovers.... great day of flyin and since there was a 2for1 plastic parts special where i ordered the parts I got ALL BACK UPS FOR FREE
Old 10-22-2007, 08:17 PM
USHobbySupply

Glad the order came in for you. Up up and away!
Old 10-24-2007, 09:06 PM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

ORIGINAL: J-Cube

Here are my Falcon 40 with Super-Skids pics!

[img][/img]

I hope it worked.
Hey guys, I got into heli's about 3 years ago. My first heli was the House Fly. It was pretty fun to fly but I soon got bored with it. Then I bought the Roto fly and need I say more about that heli. I bought the Real Flight G2 from my neighbor and it helped alot. Now, years later I just bought the Blade CX2 about 3 weeks ago and have mastered it pretty good, except for a tail drift problem that I can't get rid of. Lets not go there, I have done EVERYTHING and have narrowed it down to a 3 in 1 problem. So after playing with it for a while I was ready for something better. I was looking at the 22E and the Dragonfly 40. I almost ordered the 22E but after reading some of this thread I ordered the 40 from Raidentech instead. I am reading this thread in its entireity and I am just on page 13. But I would like to get the super-skid on the way. That was my first upgrade on my CX2 also. I wanted to know where you got the carbon fiber parts to go on the tail boom?
I will continue to read and catch up soon. But I want the super-skid and trick tail boom and carbon fiber parts to be on the way also. Thanks for any help and links you can provide.
So far there is lots of good info in here and I have book marked many pages. Thanks
Old 10-24-2007, 09:16 PM
USHobbySupply

CF parts for Falcon40 or are you referring to CF parts for the CX2 ?
Old 10-24-2007, 09:20 PM
Wheelnut

I was referring to the CF parts for the Dragonfly 40. I don't know why the pics didn't copy whey I quoted J-Cube. He has a pic of his way back on page 13 or so and he has the Super-Skids on and a metal tail boom with carbon fiber parts on the tail boom. But when I go to that site I do not see the carbon fiber parts
Old 10-24-2007, 09:28 PM
USHobbySupply

I get confused in my old age. I thought you were referring to the CX2. My bad, sorry.

You mean this pic, yes?

At one time, GTX_Slotcar was doing CF super-skids, if memory serves me correctly (again old age). I also remember some using CF paper stuff to get the look without the expense.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec87765.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	789809  
Old 10-24-2007, 09:42 PM
gpach

Wheelnut, welcome to the dark side.

I hope your Falcon 40 experience is as good as mine. I know you will have your 40 looking as good as the pictures of your CX2. Make sure you post some pictures as you go along with the upgrades. For me the Falcon 40 was an eye opener compared to my CX2. Lot different beast to say the least but I think the learning will serve me well as I move along.

Note the modification to hold the rotor bearings in. This is the next thing on my list as finding them could be hard.

Regards
Old 10-24-2007, 09:46 PM
Wheelnut

ORIGINAL: airshot

Titanium;

Look back at an earlier post, I lost my rotor head bearings also, but was lucky to find it. Take a small straight pin and nip off the head. bend one end at 90 degrees just long enough to match the radius of the bearing dia. Pass the pin thru both bearings and bend a 90 at the other end, both bearings should be trapped by this wire. You will need to take a dremmel tool and cut a narrow groove across the webs of the rotor head that snaps over the bearings so the wire has a place to go. I have not lost a bearing since, but of course I now have spares on hand that I ordered before I thought of the wire idea.

Airshot
No harm meant, but a pic of this would have been nice for those of us who are not really sure of what you are talking about
In the fast electric boat forum, we LOVE pics
Old 10-24-2007, 09:54 PM
Wheelnut

ORIGINAL: airshot

Sorry I am not that computor skilled to send photos yet. However let me try to explain better... snap off the rotor head so the rotor core with bearings are exposed. Pass a small wire (from straight pin) all the way thru both bearings, then bend a 90 on each end of the wire. The bearings cannot come off the rotor head core this way. Before you snap the rotor head back on you must cut a small groove in the walls of the rotor head to clear this wire you just installed thru the bearings. The bearings typically rest against this wall when snapped over them and room for this wire must be cleared away. On my falcon I used a rotary blade on a dremmel tool to make a narrow slice thru both end caps and center section of rotor head. this rotor head has popped off many times in crashes and the bearings stay on the rotor head core. I hope this helps, as a tool maker by trade, making things is easy, its these high tech computor gizmos that scare me.

Airshot
Thanks, that was a better explanation.
I guess I will shut up till I read some more. Man this is a long thread. I am only on page 19[sm=drowning.gif]
Old 10-24-2007, 10:40 PM
Bones27

Wheelnut, welcome to the forum. Pics of the bearing mod are on page 20 post 383.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.