Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Electric Raptor!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Electric Raptor!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 11:10 PM
alex k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric Raptor!!!

Look what I ran into http://www.raidentech.com/newbe63dz4dr.html I was wondering if it was any good and by the way, Ive got a brushless 400 motor and esc layin around and just the right Li-po. Man this thing looks awesome! Please let me know anything about this heli.
Thanks, Alex
Old 11-03-2006, 02:03 AM
cptsnoopy

Default RE: Electric Raptor!!!

Sometimes these Chinese helicopters work ok most of the time they don't. It is just another walkera. The helis fly ok if a decent radio system is installed and can be a lot of fun. The quality control is not known to be good. Kinda like a crap shoot.
Old 11-03-2006, 06:13 AM
Mister_Scary

I just read all of the specs on this "new" raptor and I think (less of) your money would be much better spent on a df60b or df60c. It's only 10mm shorter in length, same weight and same belt drive system. The 60's frame and motor mount are metal instead of plastic (not to mention metal head and tail assembly) and you can buy them already built with brushless motor and matching ESC if you shop around.

60#B
(1). Main Rotor Diameter: 620 mm
(2). Tail Rotor Diameter: 145 mm
(3). Overall Length: 600 mm
(4). Receiver: RX- PCM-701
(5). Drive System: 380 PH
(6). Battery: Ni-MH 12V 650mAh
(7). All-up Weight: 570~620g (Battery included)
(8). Transmitter: WK-PCM-0701
(9). Gyro: WK-G007
(10).Speed Controller: WTS-20A-02 Servo: weight 8.5g / speed 0.11sec/60°/ torque 0.9kg/cm / dimension 22.5X11.5X24mm
(11). RX: RX-701
(12). Metal head assembly.
http://www.walkera.com/en/pro_partic...r=Z360%23B0104

60#C
(1). Main Rotor Diameter: 620 mm
(2). Tail Rotor Diameter: 145 mm
(3). Overall Length: 600 mm
(4). Receiver: RX- PCM-701
(5). Drive System: 380 PH
(6). Battery: Ni-MH 12V 650mAh
(7). All-up Weight: 570~620g (Battery included)
(8). Transmitter: WK-PCM-0701
(9). Gyro: WK-G007
(10).Speed Controller: WTS-20A-02 Servo: weight 8.5g / speed 0.11sec/60°/ torque 0.9kg/cm / dimension 22.5X11.5X24mm
(11). RX: RX-701
(12). Metal head and tail assembly.
http://www.walkera.com/en/pro_partic...r=Z360%23C0104

Raptor specs:
Main Rotor Diameter: 630 MM 24.8 inch
Tail Rotor Diameter: 145 MM 5.7 inch
Overall Length: 610 MM 24 inch
Overall Height: 195 MM 7.7 inch
All-up Weight: 580g (battery included) 20 ounce
Battery: Ni-MH 12V 650 mAh
Power: 380SD carbon brush motor
Servo: 4 x 9g
Pitch Control: rubber, alieron, elevator and throttle, 3D conversion and alterable pitch system
Radio System: 6 Channel FM 72Mhz, include a pair of interchangeable crystal
Charger: Quick 110V wall charger
Old 11-03-2006, 08:46 AM
alex k

I've always been anti-walkera but are these different, because most walkeras are known to have cruddy servos, motors, and are very poorly built.Ive heard that some people cant even get walkeras off the ground because of all sorts of defects. What is it going to be like getting parts, I really dont want to pay shipping from china. Not to mention but those walkeras are extremely ugly[:'(]. But you said that this Raptor is chinese made, If thats the case then it would probably be the same quality as the walkeras.
Old 11-03-2006, 09:34 AM
credence
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: alex k

I've always been anti-walkera but are these different, because most walkeras are known to have cruddy servos, motors, and are very poorly built.Ive heard that some people cant even get walkeras off the ground because of all sorts of defects. What is it going to be like getting parts, I really dont want to pay shipping from china. Not to mention but those walkeras are extremely ugly[:'(]. But you said that this Raptor is chinese made, If thats the case then it would probably be the same quality as the walkeras.

80% of all the helicopters out there are probably made in China, not just the Walkera ones. Where the model is designed and produced is not a good indication of quality .
Old 11-03-2006, 06:00 PM
alex k

OK
Old 11-03-2006, 06:02 PM
alex k

How good are the walkeras talked about above, Are they good in design? good servos? Would it be hard to convert it to brushless?
Old 11-03-2006, 06:55 PM
Kevinator9

Walkera's are not good heli's allr ound. Except their frames. My DF4 frame was quite sturdy but the electronics are probably the worst out there...
Old 11-03-2006, 07:02 PM
alex k

Ya, I dont wanna replace electronics at all, except for motor and battery. The remote looks crappy, but isnt quality crappy, I have one just like it for one of my other helis. Is there anybody out there who has one of these?
Old 11-03-2006, 07:42 PM
choppersrule

Alex K,

I've purchased the Raptor G2 a few months ago, it's okay. It's easier to fly than the Blade CP, but will never be a T-Rex.
The stock battery, you may as well throw away, it's a Ni-Mh 650 mAh battery. States that it will give you 10 minutes of flight time.
No way, you'll be lucky to get it off the ground for 30 seconds. And the included charger takes 2 hours to charge the battery.

First thing I did was to convert to Deans Connectors and put in a 1300 mAh lipo battery. Does okay now, with the stock motor. Before spending the money on the ESC and brushless. Fly it for awhile and see if it's worth the added investment.

Guess I'm lucky, haven't had any problems with the electronics(yet), servos and Rx stuff.

The main frame, rotor, tail assembly all really seem pretty well built.

See pics of the Deans mod and Tx.

Dave / Choppersrule
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64379.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	553871   Click image for larger version

Name:	Oj27739.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	553872  
Old 11-03-2006, 08:29 PM
TTMT

Sure looks good, but I found some discussion on rcuniverse.com that really paints a bad picture of it. Disappointing to read.
Old 11-04-2006, 12:24 AM
alex k

Can you please give me the link to that discussion if you can? Choppersrule, can you please let me know if this thing is any good 3-d wise, and how you would rate the motor. And another thing, choppersrule, you have a Falcon CP right, how would you compare it to the Raptor with a li-po and brshless.
Old 11-04-2006, 12:27 AM
alex k

O, and another thing, about how big is the motor length wize, Cuz I want to put a 400 brushless in it but I want it to fit
Old 11-04-2006, 05:53 AM
evlfkr

Its just a Walkera 36 painted up pretty, i've owned one before. I purchased the 36 bare bones kit straight from china just to see what it was like, with the Walkera 3200kv brushless motor and 25amp esc. it was pretty agile. ( Flew like my t-rex) No Problems!! Don't get me wrong the quality is a little lower but its not bad. WARNING DO NOT USE ANY OTHER WALKERA ELECTRONICS, ONLY THE MOTOR OR YOU WILL GET BURNED!!!! I'm not new to heli's in any way, 14 years experience. I've been around and experimented with alot of them so do yourself a favor and buy a good tx. set and go from there! Walkera tx. have a two second delay. Google Walkera delay and read about it.
Old 11-04-2006, 12:45 PM
choppersrule

Alex,

I'm going to agree with evlfkr, the Raptor G2, is a fancy name and a fancy paint job. A 36 that looks cool. I've been real luck so far with the electronic, but when they start going bad, they will be replaced. I have a pretty good DX6 tx for my Trex. Not the best, I'm building my collection as budget permits. By next spring, I should have save enough to get the good stuff. You have to realized that the G2 is under $200, RTF. You really can't expect it to be the quality of the T-Rex or a MX. You can just feel the difference between the two, not just flying but handling them. The T-Rex is much better. Also, more costly.
Here's a couple pics to see the difference. The T-Rex is somewhat bigger. But look at that cool yellow one.

Take care, best of luck,

Dave / Choppersrule
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78903.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	554178   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt61462.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	554179   Click image for larger version

Name:	Va73331.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	554180  
Old 11-04-2006, 04:38 PM
alex k

If I was to get the Raptor G2 It would have a li-po and brshless 4200 kv motor put into it immediatly. How much was your T-Rex by the time you got done,and it was ready to fly? 4-500 bux probably, and arent T-Rex parts kinda expensive?
Old 11-04-2006, 05:53 PM
evlfkr

If you put the time into the 36 it WILL fly as good as the t-rex, i've done it. The only real flaw that I found on the 36 was the way the elevator control rod hooked to the rocker, not a very good design but a productive one. I have recently sold my t-rex also ( t-rex 450x, jgf 450th, jazz 45, 3 hs-55's, gy240 and a futaba 3110 on the tail with micro heli's alluminum tail set) I got tired of everyone saying "Just go get a T-rex" I'm with everyone else out who likes to experiment with different heli's. (CHEAP) There is'nt anything wrong with taking a different route. I now fly a Esky Honey Bee Cool and love it! Will post a picture asap. Honey bee cool, phoenix 35, esky 3900kv motor, GY400 CHINA made gyro, 3 hs-55's, Hitec electron 6 and a futaba 3110 on the tail. I will not trade up again, as matter of fact I'm going to build another Walkera 36 soon. Don't come on here and state that you have a Walkera heli only because thats what you can afford, IF YOU LIKE IT, DON'T LISTEN TO THE JUDGMENT OF OTHER PEOPLE because the t-rex is'nt all that great to start with!! If it was what would they have all the upgrades for?!$ Think about it!! I do stand by what I say about walkera electronics, don't trust'em!! I have seen some of the gyro's that did work fairly decent just be carefull, it could cost you a nice heli.
Old 11-04-2006, 06:35 PM
choppersrule

ORIGINAL: alex k

If I was to get the Raptor G2 It would have a li-po and brshless 4200 kv motor put into it immediatly. How much was your T-Rex by the time you got done,and it was ready to fly? 4-500 bux probably, and arent T-Rex parts kinda expensive?
Your right on the money part, mine was $499. And it was a combo special. Tx and electronics included.

I have to agree with Evlfkr though, don't listen to the judgment of other people. I've done that and it always doesn't work out.
Best thing to do, is spend some time on the net and investigate and research until your eye fall out. The problem with the heli world, is that there is just sooo much out there and every advertisement says they're the best. That's the hard part, picking the one that is best for you, within your budget. It's an expensive hobby, nobody will deny that. Each and every heli has it's pros and cons, bar none.
You'll never really know, until you get it, and then wish you got something else. It's a crazy hobby to say the least.

But, I love it and keep on buying.

Take your time to make the big decision and expect to spend some more $$$ after you get it.

Best of luck,

Dave / Choppersrule
Old 11-04-2006, 07:16 PM
evlfkr

Ain't that the truth, don't expect to fly heli's and not spend money. That would be foolish! Heli's have a bad influence on me!! ADDICTION AT ITS FINEST! Now I need help with somthing, how do you insert an avatar? Everytime I try it tells me the the file is too big, how do I change the file to fit?
Old 11-04-2006, 07:17 PM
alex k

Im not really a newbie to the heli world so I know what you mean. Choppersrule, do you think that you could compare the Falcon CP to the Raptor G2 w/ a li-po.
Old 11-04-2006, 07:19 PM
alex k

LOL, we replied at the same time evlfkr. I cant put an avatar in either because it says its too big.
Old 11-04-2006, 07:28 PM
evlfkr

I havn't had close experience with the falcon but I have studied it a bit, the tail gear drive to the main drive gear is identical to the honey bee cool. The angled gears work very well. But over all it looks to be a nice little heli, even though the pitch control is too the same as the walkera 36 or shogun, it has been proven to work, and for the price you can't beat it. I have considered it also. Hobby lobby says that it will be stock in November. I would also like to here more about hands on experience with it. One good thing is the price of parts for it.
Old 11-04-2006, 08:37 PM
alex k

Do you think that the Raptor G2 would beat the Falcon if it had a 400 size 4200kv motor and li-po battery. And another thing, can you guys fly 3-D, or at least loops and rolls?
Old 11-04-2006, 08:57 PM
Kevinator9

To get an avatar in the quality has to be under the maximum and so does the size (file size and width size).
(85 X 85 (that's pixels, a 85 pixel by 85pixel image)) Max. 7KB(that's file size);
jpg/gif/jpeg are supported (only these types of files are allowed.
Old 11-05-2006, 07:56 AM
choppersrule

Hi fellas, again,

Between the Falcon 3d and the Raptor G2, and I have both, I'd go with the Falcon 3D. The Falcon is $299, a bit more than the G2, however, it comes with an ESC and a brushless motor. The Falcon has tons of more power. Both need to be upgraded to lipo batteries.
The Falcon has a conical driven tail rotor and the G2 has a belt driven tail rotor. Once set up, both fly and handle about the same. I'd rate the Falcon a little higher. Hobby Lobby has had some problems in the last 2 months with supply and demand. That is to be corrected by the end of the month, per Hl's president. If the budget permits, get the Falcon.

Just more decisons to make..

Later,

Dave / Choppersrule

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.