Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

HeliMax Axe CP purchase!!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

HeliMax Axe CP purchase!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 10:41 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
Default RE: HeliMax Axe CP purchase!!!!!!

They need aluminum blade grips with these things. You breath on the plastic grip wrong and the ball joint breaks.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:30 PM
flying-llama

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: leftseat140
... The problem is that if I idle it up and push say forward cyclic, the blade leans forward and a little to the left. Just the opposite when pulled back. It seems like the linkages are off by 10-15 degrees. ...
One possibility is this is done on purpose because of something called "gyroscopic precession" (mispelled, I am sure):
the idea is that if you apply a force on a rotating object, it does not react to that force until later in the rotation
(I have read that in theory it is 90 degrees later, in practice it is somewhere between 0 and 90 degrees).

Because of this, one needs to tilt the blades a little before it actually rotates to the position one wants to move to.
So for forward cyclic, one needs to start leaning on the blade a little before it spins to the forward location.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:21 AM
ws74231

I bought the Venom Carbon Fiber baldes for about half the price of the Helimax carbon fiber blades and they work great.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:52 PM
flyingace451

Boy do I feel stupid getting a BCP as a first heli now...the tail booms aren't the easiest things to replace on those...stupid basketball goals jumping in my heli's way!
Old 11-14-2007, 12:33 PM
MMatheny

ORIGINAL: dfalcon

If any of you guys has a pitch gage, can you measure the stock pitch curves for me? I'm going to set it up with my Futaba 9C as soon as the rx freq crystal arrives later this week. I switched the servos out for HS-55's so it's already to late for me to check the stock pitch myself.
Where did you order your xtal from?
Old 11-14-2007, 01:09 PM
dfalcon
My Feedback: (76)

I ordered this one from Tower Hobbies:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...=LXBFL2**&P=ML

This one from Great Planes is identical but less expensive:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXFAT0**&P=7

Just keep in mind that the receiver (like some futaba receivers) is limited to the upper half of the 72mHz band (channels 36-60).
Old 01-19-2008, 06:33 AM
paulrooney

I need to replace a blade grip. Does it simply pull out from the main hub? Cannot see a set screw or other retainer but have a hard time beleiving it is only a friction fit and don't want to test it with a hard pull
Old 01-19-2008, 06:54 AM
BarnyardPilot

There is a screw in the grip. You will have to put an hex wrench in the opposite grip to keep it from spinning.
Old 01-25-2008, 12:30 AM
briz

ORIGINAL: dfalcon

Has anyone else had to change the blade grips on the Axe yet? Each grip is held on the feathering spindle shaft by a little phillips-head screw that screws into the end of the spindle shaft.....
After about an hour and a half of trying, I almost stripped both of the screws before I got one of them out. Two screwdrivers just wouldn't cut it. Luckily (...!?), in the crash I described in post 54, the brackets of one of the grips sheared clean off. On that side, I was able to grip the screw with a pair of pliers (only the biggest pair of pliers I own finally did the job) and use a screwdriver on the other end.
I lucked out only having to change the blades and blade grips, but man, what a job it turned out to be.
They are 'allen" screws.....not philipps!(at least mine are). You need two of the wrenchs that come with the heli and hit it from each end at same time.
Old 03-08-2008, 04:33 PM
chevypower1930

Hey everyone, my Ace CP-L! is on its way to my house right now, I have a question about the idle up... HOW do you switch to idle up, do you have to switch while you're flying or can you start out in idle up? because of the fact that the way I see it if you switch the idle up switch while the heli is stationary won't the rotor blades just cick straight into full headspeed? I would think that may result in a crash or loss of control or damage the rotor head, etc...? I foolishly purchased a Raptor G2 (CRAPtor G2) about 2 years ago and stuck w/ fixed pitch helis after that HORRIBLE helicopter, any help yall.. this will be my first GOOD ccpm helicopter
Old 03-08-2008, 07:02 PM
Tall Paul

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can't start in idle-up, the receiver won't arm.
After it's on, then switch.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:27 AM
chevypower1930

yea I know that but i am asking if you just start in idle up or do you have to start in normal and hten swith while your flying
Old 03-09-2008, 07:49 PM
Tall Paul

Turn on the machine.
Collective control all the way down.
Switch to idle up. The headspeed really goes up!
Begin to advance collective, the heli will start to climb after some movement on the collective.
Cut the power back to idle.
The heli is forced back on the ground.
With idle up engaged, and the collective all the way down, the main rotor is at maximum negative pitch.
Advancing the collective moves the pitch towards positive.
I expect the heli will leap into the air with full collective, from the ground.
Switching between idle up ON and OFF in the air is what gives you tick-tocks and other impossible things.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx72380.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	147.3 KB
ID:	899425   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz77576.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	899426  
Old 03-09-2008, 09:25 PM
chevypower1930

thanks, I was just wondering if it will damage the heli by switcing from a non moving, stationary headspeed and rotors to a full headspeed in the idle up mode, and also tic tocs aren't done with switching from idle up to normal mode in flight, thats done by switching from positive to negative collective
Old 03-10-2008, 12:15 PM
Tall Paul

I doubt I'll ever get high enough to try a tick-tock, by any means.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:56 PM
chevypower1930

wow... just received my axe yesterday, and I have NEVER been so impressed with a product as i am with this one. amazing heli, here she is.....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xu62611.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	901934   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pl32635.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	901935  
Old 03-13-2008, 11:35 AM
chevypower1930

First EVER flight yall! AMAZING helicopter I dont understand how anybody could ever say anything negative about it... I had my first flight outside today and I'm already into forward flight, pirouette 360s, some nose in, AMAZING heli, have had it very high in my coldasack and got it right back down with very stable control, happiest purchase yet for 200 dollars!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Onax6i0Fhh4