Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Official Helimax Axe CP Thread.

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Official Helimax Axe CP Thread.

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 05:19 PM
metabolicmaggot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Helimax Axe CP Thread.

is this topic in like 3 posts?
Old 01-06-2007, 03:50 PM
rc-jj

hi alll

just got my Axe CP (blue) [sm=spinnyeyes.gif] LOVE IT!!! .... i have a Blade CX2 and decided to step it up - after reading your posts (VERY informative info ...thanks) i decided on the Axe CP.

truth is i spent last night setting it up and just sat there looking at this beautiful piece of utopia ...think i will try to take it up today.

stay tuned for my millions of questions i am sure will be coming.

ciao
from a newb
Old 01-06-2007, 06:40 PM
metabolicmaggot

there is an axe cp thread in the helimax subforum
Old 01-09-2007, 10:59 PM
HeloFixer

Im new to the AXe Cp and have some of the same problems. Tail rotor waits to start up; also tail rotor stop rotating when given left stick movement. Is that normal?? Also you stated that yours drifts right when it gets light. Mine drifts left (stay level, but scoots left) when it gets light. Did anyone get you info on why that is, and did your adjustments solve your problems. need help with mine in that same area.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:46 AM
PilotLight
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: HeloFixer

Im new to the AXe Cp and have some of the same problems. Tail rotor waits to start up; also tail rotor stop rotating when given left stick movement. Is that normal?? Also you stated that yours drifts right when it gets light. Mine drifts left (stay level, but scoots left) when it gets light. Did anyone get you info on why that is, and did your adjustments solve your problems. need help with mine in that same area.
Everything you have here is normal. The tail rotor spins according to how much power the main rotor is asked to put out. It doesn't start to go until about 1/3 or more power. You'll find that as you add more power (collective) the tail motor will eventually start to spin faster. Yes, left rudder will cause the motor to slow or stop. This allows the heli to rotate left because of torque from the main rotor. Main rotor turns clockwise viewed from above so heli tries to rotate counterclockwise. Right rudder causes the tail motor to spin faster and forces the nose right. Finally, because the heli is horizontal while sitting on a flat surface (hopefully) and the tail rotor is pushing to the right, most heli's will go to the left during takeoff. You have to hover slightly (barely!) leaning to the right to counteract the push of the tail rotor. Can't tell you if this is for all heli's or only for fixed-pitch-tailrotor heli's. Look for Radd's school of flight for more info.

Everything's Ok. Just go fly it.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:03 PM
HeloFixer

Thanks for the information, did'nt want to start messing around with the servos, linkages, or the eboard, when I should'nt have to. My first Heli, don't want it to turn it into an uncontrolable mess.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:15 AM
no hesitation

I picked up my axe cp today.I didn't want to push it past getting light just yet.(Yes I'm first timing it)Glad to see so many posts and interest in my bird of choice. Anyone want to take a guess at how much it would cost and how hard it would be to upgrade the motor. would that even be possible with the built in electronics? LONG LIVE THE OFFICIAL HELIMAX AXE CP THREAD!!!!!!
Old 01-13-2007, 10:46 AM
dfalcon
My Feedback: (76)

I posted this one in the Helimax subforum. It's an article that explains using a brushless motor by 'going separates' and using two separate speed controls and a gyro in place of the 3-in-1. You'll need your own ccpm capable radio though:

"I guess using seperate speed controls and an independent gyro wasn't such a novel idea; Helihobby has a long article about it:

http://www.helihobby.com/html/separate_electronics.html "
Old 01-13-2007, 11:41 AM
PilotLight

ORIGINAL: thefalcon

I posted this one in the Helimax subforum. It's an article that explains using a brushless motor by 'going separates' and using two separate speed controls and a gyro in place of the 3-in-1. You'll need your own ccpm capable radio though:

"I guess using seperate speed controls and an independent gyro wasn't such a novel idea; Helihobby has a long article about it:

http://www.helihobby.com/html/separate_electronics.html "
Only if you want to use a different transmitter. If you want to upgrade to a brushless motor, you could use the included TX and RX and add your brushless esc and possibly a HH gyro according to the quoted link.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:58 AM
rc-jj

guys help!

i am (obviously) still a VERY newB ...how do i go to the helimax subforum? .... just crashed my heli yesterday - just blades busted so i guess i am lucky - still have not gotten that really cool controlled hover as yet...just wanted to see how everyones progress is going - i think i mastered my BLade CX2 - thought it would be an easy jump to the max - but the max is kicking my butt so far (or maybe i am too impatient) [&o]

ciao
Old 01-13-2007, 12:18 PM
dfalcon
My Feedback: (76)

I think someone's already tried a separate gyro, and I have heard nothing but problems yet (no celebrating yet). You could just unplug the 3-in-1 from channel 3 on the Rx and plug a brushless esc into its place. Then you'd just have to re-wire a little so the brushless esc and the 3-in-1 can be plugged in parallel to the main battery. I've asked in about 4 different places and never get an answer: Any ideas for what brushless motor to use yet? I think I'm just going to try a Himax 2025-4100. I'm not sure what pinion, but probably 8-tooth or 9-tooth to start. I don't have a tachometer, so I'd just be firing a shot in the dark to get the right head speed.

To get to the Helimax subforum, point to 'Forums' in the blue menu bar and click on 'Helicopters' in the drop down menu. In the Helicopters forum, the third category down is 'Electric RC Helis'. 'Helimax' is listed as one of the subforums under 'Electric RC Helis'.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:24 PM
rc-jj

thanks - do appreciate it[sm=thumbup.gif]
Old 01-20-2007, 07:22 PM
HeloFixer

Need Help. Crashed my Axe cp, not much damage , only visable was broken main blade grip. After changing it, and tried to fly again, now when I plug in the battery (with TX on and throttle all the way down) The tail rotor kicks in automatically. No main rotor spin. The green light on the E board flashes once, then goes out and servos B and C on the right side start to move slowly upward. Is the E Board fried??!??! Hope not. Any Suggestions??[:@]
Old 01-21-2007, 12:39 AM
PilotLight

Man, that's weird! Hope you get it figured out.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:55 AM
ZillaBoi32

I fried my e-board... if anyone has gone seperates and has one laying on their work bench PLEASE email me at [email protected], I am quite poor but i do have some $$ i could spare for it.

Please any help is apprecaited!!

Thanks all
Old 11-01-2007, 02:15 PM
redvtr1000

Dfalcon,

The gyro has been tried and can be made to work just fine. I believe heli-max has a link on their site with detailed instructions for adding the gy240 futaba gyro.

Guy on youtube has a video about going to seperates with the axe. search for "axe cp seperations" and you should be able to find something.

Old 03-09-2010, 01:15 PM
sarmeneau

i just got a axe cp and was wondering if anyone can tell why the guy i got it from flipped the tail rotor to the left side. im very new to this and was wondering.