Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Smartech Skylark Helicopter

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Smartech Skylark Helicopter

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2003, 09:28 PM
lhawthorne3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smartech Skylark Helicopter

Anyone know how I can acquire a manual (English) for the Smartech Skylark Helicopter? Mine came without the documentation and I'm getting no where with the company I purchased it from.

Also, Is there some place where you can find the complete rotor (less the blades) for the Ikarus Piccolo?

In addition, what motor is better for these helio's the Orion Elite or the Ikarus 410?
Old 02-01-2003, 05:35 AM
Thrustline

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Skylark manual

I just got mine and I could fax or e-mail you a copy Monday if you would like. Just e-mail me your info and I will be happy to send it to you.
Old 02-01-2003, 05:41 AM
Thrustline

Default Skylark rotor

Here's the place that sales rotor assemblies, they are for the Piccolo, but I was told the parts are the same. The skylark is a copy of it. I beleive the Hobby lobby sight also sells all the parts too.

http://www.helihobby.com/html/piccol...elicopter.html
Old 02-01-2003, 04:56 PM
luch

Default skylark manual?

This may be what you're looking for. I saved this link when I was searching for info on the feda helis.

http://www.planemodel.com/feda_guide/feda_guide.htm
Old 02-04-2003, 06:07 AM
yurz933

Does the Feda really fly? Mine's won't even leave the ground.
Old 02-04-2003, 03:21 PM
lhawthorne3

Well, I don't know about the Feda, but the Smartech Skylark does in fact fly. There are some adjustments that may need to be done such as trimming the swashplate to make sure it's level from the start. You may also need to adjust the placement of your battery so that it's in the middle of the unit and balanced.

Mine almost leaps into the air upon applying the proper amount of throttle. I even had it outside yesterday for a few minutes until the tail rotor and shaft decided to pop off (silicone retainer spun off). But, while I was out, it flew well. The problem, I have to become a better pilot. This is my first venture into RC Flight and I've only been at it since Xmas.

Good thing is that the parts for the ECO Piccolo can be interchanged with the Smartech Skylark so I'm in the process of making some of the recommended modifications such as the ball in the swash plate, rotor stiffener, alumminum hub, etc. One thing to bear in mind is that the rotorhead is a different design that the Piccolo, but aside from that, everything else is the same.

Hope that helps.
Old 02-05-2003, 01:14 AM
Thrustline

My FEDA (also called a Skylark) is still doing great, I've got 2 hours of flight time(well, 2 foot off the ground in one direction at a time), but it is getting easier every flight to keep it right on course, just as you say, it jumps in the air and a few times before I knew it, it was 14 feet in the air, only a few clicks past where I had been playing with it. A note it comes down fast with very little change in the throttle setting. Lucky I haven't smashed it. I am still not sure the gyro is set completely right, I have found very little on how to exactly set it., mine came with a GWS peizo PG-03. It has a gain pot and one that says setup?
Old 02-05-2003, 11:27 PM
skylark_man

do any of you guys know if the piccolo collective pitch works on the skylark helicopter?
Old 02-05-2003, 11:32 PM
Thrustline

I would say it does, I looked at them and can't see any difference, also I just got in a pair of blades I ordered from Hobby Lobby that were for the Piccolo and they fit the same, they are abit more curved and some other minor differences in shape that really made it fly smoother.
I was looking at buying the collective pitch too, and if you go to Hobby Lobby and click to enlarge the picture you can compare the setup and see it is very close.
Old 02-06-2003, 02:54 AM
yurz933

Does anybody knows of any online store that selle the Skylark(not Feda)?I still could not get my feda off the ground.Does not seem to have enough power.Dunno whether it's the battery or motor.By the way there is some differences between the Skylark and the Feda.
Old 02-06-2003, 03:43 AM
Thrustline

Yes, I see there are differences, mine is the FEDA, which they call the Dragonfly, and it is a wonderful little heli. There is a guy selling parts for the "Skylark" online, I don't have his URL, but I will go back thru my History and see if I can find it again. If your main motor is not putting out enough power, you can check it by Holding Full Right rudder and pushing the Thrrottle to the Mid-Range setting, if the tail motor zooms up, you can count out the battery, if it stays about the same, your battery is not nearly charged enough or has a bad cell, of course you can put the battery on an EHS meter which provides a load on the battery and will give you voltage output to see if it is ok.
Old 02-14-2003, 01:56 PM
CrashingDutchman
My Feedback: (4)

Originally posted by yurz933
Does anybody knows of any online store that selle the Skylark(not Feda)?I still could not get my feda off the ground.Does not seem to have enough power.Dunno whether it's the battery or motor.By the way there is some differences between the Skylark and the Feda.
Hi,

We will be starting to sell the Skylark soon and already have sold around 20 of the Feda Dragonfly.

You can ask the company who sold the Feda to you for technical assistence. You could try to take out the motor and let it run without load. If that doesn't work, get an extra battery (preferably from us, Amersfoort Airport). We ship your Feda parts worldwide for only US$ 5.00 (less then .5 kg/17 oz).

Regards,

Jan-Dirk