Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Twister CP V2 - Twister 3D - E-sky

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Twister CP V2 - Twister 3D - E-sky

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 03:25 PM
^Horatio>

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twister CP V2 - Twister 3D - E-sky

OK guys, I'm just in the process of buying one of these. It seems to be a good all-round package. In the UK, the variants are described merely as 'Twister' FP, 3D etc. I gather the impression that E-sky is the actual manufacturer and is more commonly referred to by this brand name in other parts of the world ie US and AUS. Post all your Twister 3D/Twister CP V2/FP related thoughts here. I'll be very interested to see what people have to say.

This will be my first Heli purchase and any related info would be gratefully received. I've messed about with a couple of .30 sized Raptors, but this is something completely different. I'm very excited about it to be honest!
Old 02-07-2007, 05:58 AM
Roachie

Default RE: Twister CP V2 - Twister 3D - E-sky

Horatio...Hi there

In Australia we have the twister variants too.....although I havent flown the 3d I do own 3 TCP's and 1 FP

If your just starting out and dont have much heli experience may I suggest you start with the FP version....its almost indestructible (Almost....ask me how I know this?)

I had about the same experience as you when I started 3 yrs ago.....I bought a Twister C0-ax Bell47...mastered it then thought I could go for the CP.....but after some frightening little events I shelved the CP for about 6 months and bought a FP version while I got to grips with the physics, electronics and mechanics of real heli flying......i then progressed back to the CP when more confident

I now own heaps of different types of helis....give display flights and tutor other club members

The 3D is a good heli from what I hear but probably not good to begin with....also needs extras to make it fly the others come with TX and the gear

My $0.02

Read the forums here and the other RC sites to get a background and hopefully youtoo will enjoy the addiction this hobby brings......LOL

Regards

Roachie
Old 02-12-2007, 03:39 PM
^Horatio>

Thanks roachie!

For some reason, my email reply notification hasn't come in for this thread. Typical! It's one of only threads I've ever started too. Thanks for the tips. I'm new to Heli's, but I can trim it and hover it now, within the confines of my living room without too much drama. With only a foot or so of clearance, it certainly demands your full attention though! So far, so good.

The Lipo's give good run time and they've been well behaved, too.

I've attempted to get my RD 6000 Super programmed to suit the Twister, but the radio link seems glitchy. I'm pretty certain that the modulation is right (there's a choice of 4 - one of them has got to work!), but the Tx Xtal for the included Tx isn't compatible with the Sanwa - I'll try some genuine Sanwa crystals and see if that works. I don't really want to mess with the 4 in 1 though.

Then of course, there's the brushless motor - I'm assuming the runtime would increase with this? And presumably, I'd need the brushless version of the 4 in 1?

Spot the Heli noob!
Old 02-17-2007, 06:01 AM
Gandalfg77

Hey Roachie,

Where in Oz did you buy the twister fp, I can not find it anywhere.

Regards

Paul.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:10 AM
^Horatio>

Well, I've owned my Twister CP V2 for a little over a month now. In that time, I've learnt to hover my Heli in my living room, as well as get a handle on nose-in hover. Recently I moved on to flying circuits, circles, figure 8's in a gymnasium and flown it at over 20 feet up.

Now bear in mind I've had no Heli flying instruction whatsoever and I can now competently fly this thing around in just 1 month of ownership! I think this says alot for the little Twister CP V2. During this steep learning curve, the Twister has performed flawlessly and not a single part has broken, even with the occasional less than perfect 'chop the throttle and land quickly!' style touch downs. I'm hooked.

I love this thing. Now, I reckon it needs a big brother!