Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Suprex-3D Pro - Opinions Please

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Suprex-3D Pro - Opinions Please

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 12:22 PM
VULTCH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Suprex-3D Pro - Opinions Please

I was able to get a little video of hovering. It is posted on the RCU video, if you want to go direct is [link]http://www.rcuvideos.com/item/9F2NQVNNY322R47M[/link]

Enjoy'

Vultch
Old 04-23-2007, 01:12 PM
marcopsrt

It's sitting on a shelf in my room. Still waiting on the place I got it from to send the new battery.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:03 PM
ptb

[8D]I just got my suprex (Black Halk 400 v2 ) yesterday. Would any of you care to send me an e-mail, about who you are ordering your part's from?. The exact site. I can get the revolution shop, but no page with part number's or english prices.
E-bay only show's the compleat heli.
Thank's.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:07 AM
VULTCH

Just email RVMSHOP with the part numbers you want and ask for a price. They usually respond to your email within 1 day.
I have a price list if you need it.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:39 AM
FoRGotTeN

did anyone noticed it strikingly similar to protech?

i ordered the 500EP and waiting for it to arrive.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:51 AM
VULTCH

Can you give the link to Protech ?
Old 04-27-2007, 09:57 AM
FoRGotTeN

www.protech.be

i looked up the screenshots, i think the stock @ rvmshop is being updated with newer models now.

did u have any trouble with the electronics?

i'm new in this RC thing, been digging the last two weeks all over internet to find out more.
Old 04-29-2007, 07:40 AM
VULTCH

I purchased the Heli in ARF version and added my electronics. I did get their version of the gyro (heading lock) and also the BL motor. No problems with the gyro thus far (a bear to setup though). The Tower pro servos I have had no problems with. And the motor seems OK although I haven't had much flight time on it as it is on my second one.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:43 PM
hemi4x4

Nice video Vultch. Looks like you got it setup good. Tail holds steady! Good job!

Have you tried it in the wind yet?

Too bad the others won't chime in. I'm guessing they aren't having as much success as you are. ?

I tried to talk a buddie into buying one so he could fly with me when I fly the trex but he got a walkera instead. [&o] he's not having fun, lol.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:54 PM
VULTCH

I've not had it in much wind yet, too many hobbies and not enough time. I did install the CF blades on my other one and in the process of setting it up. With all my choppers, setup is the key.

I'll try to post another video soon!

I'm sure your Trex does very well for you. Do you have a video of it?

Vultch
Old 05-15-2007, 12:02 AM
ptb

[]No t quite ready yet. Vultch, who did you get your carbon blade's from ?
Old 05-15-2007, 12:55 AM
pasj69

Here's an e-mail address that the guy?...person will send you an english price list. Just send him/her the model name and number. Seems to be a reasonably nice person and very cooperative. ([email protected])
ORIGINAL: ptb

[8D]I just got my suprex (Black Halk 400 v2 ) yesterday. Would any of you care to send me an e-mail, about who you are ordering your part's from?. The exact site. I can get the revolution shop, but no page with part number's or english prices.
E-bay only show's the compleat heli.
Thank's.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:56 AM
VULTCH

I bought mine from besthobbiesite on ebay. $45.00 for the main + tail including shipping. Here is the link http://stores.ebay.com/BestHobbySite...aUSQ3a45QQtZkm

It takes some time to get them, about 3 weeks for me.

Vultch
Old 05-29-2007, 10:12 PM
JKEP44

Hi, I originally bought the 400 V2 in the RTF version from the RVM shop on ebay. I love the heli now... But I definately recommend the ARF package and then add your own radio gear. Unlike Vultch I am not overwhelmingly pleased with the gyro. I still use it but the ESC and the gyro both have their power up moments. I think that the heli flys every bit as good as the T-rex but the parts situation sucks! I email them with a list and they get back to me the next day. I pay that day......and wait......and wait.... and wait. Some times the parts arrive in 9-10 days sometimes they dont get shipped for 9-10 days and take a month to arrive! You get a tracking number that tells you when they ship them and I am not always pleased with that. I just started ordering a ton of parts at a time but that is not the answer for everyone. One thing that no one has mentioned, with the radio gear that it comes with and the way the swash plate is set up you have to rewire the forward and aft movements of the cyclic stick in the transmitter to make it give you the correct control movements. One key that was mentioned before was set up. I made a set of rigging blocks for the swash plate and track the blades by spinning them up and touching the blade flying in the lower plane with a dry erase marker (dont try this if you dont know what you are doing!!) It is an old method used by the army before the cadu computer came out. Anyway, overall impression:
Helicopter its self- Awesome!
Turbo Rix radio gear- Save yourself the trouble and put it in the garbage disposal
ESC- Expensive cat toy
Gyro - So So
Old 05-30-2007, 12:15 AM
VULTCH

Hi JKEP44,

I agree with the parts situtation. I already done what you have and ordered a ton of parts. The last group took 3 weeks before I received them but I did get them. The tracking is a joke but it does tell when they leave the warehouse.

The gyro was the hardest thing for me to setup. As I stated earlier, It is a bear to setup. I use an Eclipse 7 and using the gyro setup on the transmitter works well for me though.

I only use the Berg receivers on almost all my planes/helis. As of yet I haven't noticed any glitches. I know the DX units are taking the spotlight but for me the Berg is the one to go with. Even if someone on the same channel turns on their transmitter the Berg will ignore it and still respond to my transmitter. What more can I say for a $50.00 receiver.

Just curious, What battery are you using?

I'm glad to hear you like yours and I hated to hear they discontinued the 400V2.

Thanks for the tip on tracking, I'll try it the next time I set one up. Sounds like a real time saver!!

Vultch
Old 05-30-2007, 09:22 PM
JKEP44

Hi Vultch, The battery that I am using is the original lipoly that the bird came with. It seems to work fine although I noticed that if it is not used for a couple weeks, like while you are waiting for parts.... then it really doesnt hold a charge for as long as before. Once you charge and discharge about 3 times then it comes back to life. Which one are you using? On the radio gear I went with a JR 7202 digital. It really cleaned things up for me. I bought the flight simulator FS1 hagar 9 and set up my controller to work on there before I actually started to fly the heli. This helped out a TON and saved thousands of $$ on crashed aircraft. The gyro is set up just fine on mine but every now and again as you initially run up it just shuts off. Sometimes the ESC does the same thing. Luckily it only does it at low RPM before take off, and only does it once if it is going to. I was also disappointed to hear that the 400 was going out. That always happens to me! I have been looking at the T-REX clone that the Revolution shop has out now. It looks pretty cool also.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:21 PM
VULTCH

Hi JKEP44,

I'm using a TRUE RC 2000mah 3S2P battery. I also practiced a lot on the Realflight G3.5 sim. And that 450 does look good.
Old 06-13-2007, 03:14 PM
JKEP44

Okay, now I am getting tired of the parts wait... I bought some items from RVM shop and paid for them on the next day (25MAY07).. They still are not here. I checked thier long list of numbers and after about 5 minutes found my tracking number. They just shipped it on the 8th of JUNE!!!! This is the second time this has happened. I am now looking all over for other sources. Xheli.com did not have any of the parts I need (they mostly supply for the 500). I have also had numerous cases where I have an order come in and it is not complete. There is a note inside saying that they owe me a part. For the most part these missing parts have come in but, they still owe me a main rotor set, linkage set, and tail boom that I never expect to see. I emailed them and have so far gotten no reply. Anybody know where to get parts for a Suprex 400 other than RVM?
Old 06-13-2007, 11:22 PM
VULTCH

You're not alone. I don't know what has happened to them but shipments are getting slower and slower foe me also. I ordered a gyro from them June 4 and still haven't received it. This time I went thru Ebay so feedback will note the slow shipping. If I find parts elsewhere I will post back.

Vultch
Old 06-17-2007, 06:52 PM
JKEP44

I think that I'm done!! I got the parts friday and installed them. I took the time to correctly assemble every thing and fired it up for the first time. Since I had not made any major adjustments I did not disconnect anything (flight controls). I fired the thing up and it totally freaked out busting out the gears in a JR servo with one flight on it! After ranting and raving around the shop for about 5 minutes debating making the heli fly without blades!!!!, I went back and figured out that the esc was totally freaking out. Luckily I hooked up my reciever to another aircraft and it was okay. I have like $200.00 in parts that are still in the packages and the heli that will probably hit ebay this week! So good news for every one else. I am buying a T-rex! Not that it is any better but at least I wont be down for parts for 3 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![:@]
Old 06-19-2007, 09:53 PM
wmcdonal

Hi guys.

I have just received my Suprex-3DPro 500 and I am a little confused about setting it up.
I have to say the instructions, or rather lack of instructions make this very hard. They did not include any info on connecting the servo's to the receiver.
I have connected my servo's in the order listed on the first page of this thread, but I wanted to make sure I have them in the right order and moving in the right direction.
The images attached show the left and right side of the heli with the servo's marked L,R and M.
The tail servo works correctly.
When I move the pitch stick forward the right servo goes forward, the left goes backward and the middle servo pushes up. This looks wrong to me.
When I move the other stick to pitch the helicopter forward the right servo will push forward (Smaller amount than pitch), the left pulls back a little and the middle moves up.
This also looks wrong to me.
When I move the pitch stick left the right and left sero's both pull back, when I move it right they both push forward, again not sure if this is right.
I am also a little confused about the transmitter as it came with no instructions at all.
The transmitter is the FT06-C.
On the right it has a switched marked "THR HOLD" When I flick this to "NOR" the motor spins up. When I flick it to "Hold" the motor stops.
On the other corner it has a switch marked "IDLE UP". If I When the motor is spinning and I flick this to the "Idle" position the motor goes full speed.
If I have the switch in the "NOR" position the pitch stick speeds the motor up at the same time it adjusts the pitch. I assume this is the beginner mode and the motor at full speed is to allow reverse pitch for 3D flying. Can someone confirm this.
The controller also has a switch marked "A/E/R D/R", I have no idea what this does, it also has a knob marked "THR ADJ IDLE", is this to adjust the speed of the motor when the "IDLE UP" switch is in the "IDLE" position ?
As you can see by my questions I am new to this. I want to make sure the helicopter does not destroy itself the first time I try to fly it.
Most times I cannot control myself and learn the hard way, I don't want to do that this time.
Any help wound be much appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37289.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	707431   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr54063.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	707432  
Old 06-20-2007, 12:53 AM
VULTCH

Hi wmcdonal

The 400 and 500 are two different helicopters. The swashplate should move forward with the right stick pushed forward. The swashplate should move back towards the tail with the right stick is moved down. The swashplate should move to the right when the right stick is moved to the right and left when the stick is moved to the left. The left stick controls pitch. Increasing the throttle (Left stick forward) the swashplate should move up (Do this with motor disconnected). All three servos should move together with the same amount of throw.

And yes the idle up will keep the throttle at a high level for 3D flying. Many have found this out the hard way losing their birds early and some have cuts and bruises to prove it.

D/R switches in general simply decreases the servo throws. This makes the heli less sensitive and better for beginners. DR stands for Dual rates.

I am not familiar with your radio so I can only give a general summary.

Hope this helps

Vultch

By the way JKEP44, I'm sorry to hear of your bad experience with the esc. Just be glad you didn't have it in a new T-Rex.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:37 AM
wmcdonal

Thanks for the replies, that has helped me heaps.

I think I have the swashplate moving the way it should. It is nice and level in the neutral position and the blades spin in the same plain when I spin up the motor.
I have training gear fitted and I am trying to get it to lift off a small amount. The problem I am having is that as soon as it gets off the ground it spins.
If I move the stick left to rotate the helicopter it will turn CW, If I move the stick right it goes CCW.
It looks like the tail pitch is working the way it should.

Does this sound like a setup problem or do I have a problem with the gyro ?

Thanks

Old 06-23-2007, 10:11 AM
VULTCH

Hi WMCDONAL,

Sounds like the tail rotor pitch servo is reversed. The gyro may be in the wrong direction also. Moving the stick (Throttle) left should turn the heli left.Check the servo direction first making sure the tail pitch is correct remember the tail will turn left to make the heli turn right. If it is wrong just reverse the servo direction on the transmitter. After you verify the correct direction, with the transmitter in neutral position with motor off move the heli left and right watching the tail pitch. The gyro should change pitch to bring it back in position. If it is reversed, change the gyro switch (If there is one) to reverse it. If you do not have a gyro switch you may have to mount the gyro upside down.

Hope this helps, and Good Luck !!

Vultch
Old 07-09-2007, 01:37 AM
wmcdonal

Hi

I have been trying to fly my heli but the controls don't make sense.
The right stick is throttle and pitch as you move it forward and left and right on the swash plate.
The left stick when moved forward and backward is forward and reverse on the swash plate, when you move it left and right it adjusts the pitch on the tail rotor.

I know our transmitters have the sticks the other way around when compared to the US models but I would have thought one stick should move the swash plate forward, backward, left and right.

Have I got something stuffed up.
I don't see any way to change this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.