Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Suprex-3D Pro - Opinions Please

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Suprex-3D Pro - Opinions Please

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 11:47 AM
hemi4x4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suprex-3D Pro - Opinions Please

Looks like a nice helicopter for the price. Does anyone know about this brand or how long it been on the market. I was going to buy one the other day (Jan 2007) but can’t find anyone that stocks parts for it anywhere?

Is it modeled after a certain named helicopter that would have interchangeable parts?

The video shows some very stable 3D flying. I’m bumming over the part thing(lack of) though!

http://cgi.ebay.com/6Ch-Suprex-3D-Pr...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...1314&rd=1&rd=1
Old 02-11-2007, 01:11 PM
hemi4x4

Default RE: Suprex-3D Pro - Opinions Please

Some pictures of the head and tail.
Hopefully someone will recognize it and tell me where I could find parts.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92698.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	618726   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je10926.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	618727   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ci98080.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	618728   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ke90699.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	618729  
Old 02-12-2007, 02:38 PM
CTFLY

Hemi,
thats a sweet looking bird!

Have you tried asking the seller if they have or know of where parts can be had? let me know if you end up buying one and how it is ok?

Noticed you are in Arizona also, where do you fly - send me an email if you have time.

CT
Old 02-13-2007, 06:58 AM
Dirtee bug

I would be sketchy on buying from Hong Kong, I bought a heli from Hong Kong and got screwed, the heli was broke, shipping was insane and took 2 and a half weeks to get
Old 02-13-2007, 09:52 AM
ct420

It looks a bit like another shogun knock-off, but not sure...
Old 02-14-2007, 07:31 PM
hemi4x4

Thanks for the replies guys (Girls).

The seller ended up sending me a parts list with prices, but I didn't like the idea of only one site having parts!

I bought a Trex 450XL instead. Oh BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![X(]

Now I need a transmitter and reciever.

Still would be interested in hearing from someone that owns a Suprex.[X(]
Old 03-23-2007, 01:39 PM
marcopsrt

I just bought one of the Suprex 3d pro's. I sent the company an email about the parts situation and i'm getting a parts catolog with it.

So if and when it ever gets here I'll let you all know if it flies or I wasted a lil money.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:00 PM
pompeyjohn

hello,

curious about this one. has the cat arrived?

cheers
john
Old 03-29-2007, 11:44 AM
marcopsrt

Not yet. I hope the heli is a lot better than the shipping. It should be here by Monday at the latest.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:52 PM
hemi4x4

I forgot all about this heli. Let us know when you get it.

Whats taking so long? [sm=sad_smile.gif] Just kidding.

Have you flown other heli's or is this your first one.
Old 03-31-2007, 01:50 AM
VULTCH

I have two I purchased from RVMShop in HK. It is a very stable bird and built very well. I ordered parts for it and they do stock them and the parts are very cheap. That is the reason I bought the second one is so I will not be down due to a broken part. They had all the small parts I ordered in stock and I received my order in about 9 days after payment.I have not had any crashes yet Both birds came with no damage and the only problem I found was one loose screw on the swashplate. It is referred by the manual as a Black Hawk 400V2. It appears to be the same as a Revo with all the bells and whistles. I only wish the tail rotor was CNC also, but it seems to be of good quality.
I bought mine as an ARF and added my own receiver. The heading lock gyro they sell for ~$40 works really well for me and I would recommend it also. I also ordered a BL2215 motor which really surprised me as it really will produce some power.
I'm very impressed with this one and would recommend it.I too have been skepitical concerning dealing directly from HK venders and delays in receiving products. The average time has been 2-3 wks, but this last order in 9 days really suprised me. And RVM seems reasonable on their shipping charges for small orders.

Vultch
Old 04-01-2007, 03:44 PM
marcopsrt

This is my first time with a real heli. I had a coulpe 2 channel helis but I didn't really mess around with them to much. I've been into boats for the last 10 years but they are getting boring to me. But onto the horror of my first heli.

I get it in the mail Sat morning. Get the thing out of the box and I can't find the instructions. (real men don't use them but since it's my first heli I figured I would). I searched for them when a little peice of paper falls out of the box. It said "for the complete instructions please go to our web site, download it, and print it." Didn't know it was gonna be such a hassel for them to put them in the box. Oh well. My printer is out of color ink so I wouldn't be able to print them in color. When I get to the site the instructions are in black and white on the web site and I couldn't see which servo went were. Finally figure it all out and get it put together. I start to hook up the receiver and the plugs don't fit in the slots properly and not to mention I don't know what channel controls what. I got back to the site and it says eleron, elevation, ect. I don't know what any of that means. I figure it out and finish puttting it together. So I put the blades on and grab the radio turn it on and nothing. After 5 hrs and some cussing I finally got it going. But other then that the controls are very responsive and it runs like a champ. Wish I could have got the servos in my boats to respond like these do.

Next I got to figure out how to adjust everything and take it out. Thats the goal for tomorrow. Any of you have any advise for me it would be appreciated.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:29 PM
VULTCH

WAIT A MINUTE

Even though you may have everything connected right, you need to recheck everything. It takes some time to get this heli trimmed before take off.

I'm using TP- 9gm servos
Colco GY-400 gyro
Electrifly C/13/33 brushless motor
Berg 7 CH receiver
Hitec Eclipse 7 Transmitter
3S2P 11.1V 2000mah Li-Po battery

My servo setup is as follows (Position as seated in cockpit)

Right servo - CH 6
Center servo - CH 2
Left servo - CH 1
Gyro - CH 4
Gyro control - CH 5
ESC - CH 3

Channels 1 and 6 could be reversed if the servos are going in the right direction.

I maxed the pitch to ~ 9 Deg. on the positive side
About 5 deg. on the negitive side.

Make sure all servos go up at the same rate on throttle up/ up pitch (motor disconnected)
Tail rotor 9mm from the mounting bracket to the yoke measured on the shaft at neutral position.
Tail servo arm at ~90 deg
Gyro red led steady

If you have dual rates use them. This one will get away from you fast.
This is only an initial setup but should keep you from crashing on the first attempts until you get it trimmed to your preferance.

Make certain the gyro is going the right way. Mine is set to rev.

You may have it all down pat already but it took me quite a while to set mine up and so far no crashes, and that is why I'm replying on this post.

Have fun and let us know how it goes!

Vultch
Old 04-03-2007, 11:46 AM
marcopsrt

Well she was flying. Got it all hooked up and set up. Had it flying for about 5 min. I don't know what happened but it was hovering pretty good and it spun out of control and crashed. No damage to the chopper. Got looking at it and there was no power to the gyro. Unplugged the batery and plugged it back in and the gyro turned back on. Just began to idle it up to fly again and the chopper went dead. Thought it was a battery was dead and charged it up. Next day put it back on and still no power to the chopper. Checked the battery out and it's charged and has a good conection to the speed controler. Thought it was the speed controler so i took it off and put it on one of my boats. Had no servo controls on my boat. Hooked up one of my speed controlers from my boat on the chopper and had my controls back. Only bad thing is none of the speed controlers from my boats will hook up the the motor. Now to wait for another speed controler to get here.

But other than that wheh I had it up in the air it was pretty stable. took a couple min to figure the controls out but if i can get it fixed i think i just found a new hobby.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:55 AM
VULTCH

Sounds great! What brand esc came with it? I really like mine. Thinking about CF blades for it.By the way the berg receivers are the best I have found. I have zero glitches from any of them and I have several.

Vultch
Old 04-03-2007, 12:16 PM
marcopsrt

It came with a powertech 35A esc, (4) tower pro 9g servos, Colco gyro, turborix 6 channel reciever and radio, 3600rpm/kv brushless motor and a 11.1V 1800mah Li-Polly battery.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:31 PM
VULTCH

I wonder what the BEC rating is of the ESC. You need one rated at 1.5- 2A. Many are rated at 1A which is at the upper limit of 3 servos. With four servos and 3 cells it may run too hot causing failure.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:49 PM
marcopsrt

When it crashed it was hot enough i couldn't touch it. but it doesn't say the rating on it. I figured since it came with it it was the right one. I hooked it up to a multimeter and with it hooked up to the battery it should have power going into the receiver but it don't. What kind of esc are you using?
Old 04-03-2007, 12:59 PM
marcopsrt

and the bec is 5V 3A
Old 04-03-2007, 11:53 PM
VULTCH

I'm using a Storm (ASSAN) 18A with a 2A bec built in it. True RC sells them. If you have a 3A Bec it should be fine. I have been weary of some of the ratings though. I know Tower Pro had several problems with the BEC circuit on their ESCs. They ended up using a satalite board with the BEC on it for several of their models.

I really like the Storm due to price and with the program cable I connect it to my laptop and can check the current of the motor as well as fast programing.

I think you will really like the Suprex and hope you have it flying soon.

Tony
Old 04-14-2007, 10:02 PM
hemi4x4

Marcopsrt, did you give up? How about an update on your progress. Still interested in hearing more.
Thanks

VULTCH, can you post any pictures of your bird?

Old 04-14-2007, 11:05 PM
VULTCH

Here are a few pictures of my Suprex. I ordered a set of CF blades for it. Thus far the only problem was to increase head speed as it was bucking in a hover. I'll try to post a short video clip soon.

[img][/img]

Name:	Jh16203.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	664578   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pl32640.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	664579   Click image for larger version

Name:	Di98837.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	664580   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hb81661.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	664581   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fq89351.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	664582  
Old 04-15-2007, 12:24 PM
hemi4x4

I'm surprised at the size of the tail gear. Seems large, I don't know? How does the tail hold?

I still think thats alot of heli for the money. Too bad Marc got faulty electronics.

I liked my TREX XL so much I just bought the SE last week. But I might reccomend the Suprex to a friend who is interested in getting into the hobby?
Old 04-15-2007, 01:50 PM
VULTCH

Overall tail blade span ~140mm (5.5in). Tail holds great. I have a couple more pics.

Name:	Bz78481.jpg
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	665120   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr54113.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	665121   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd83863.jpg
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	665122  
Old 04-19-2007, 08:53 PM
hemi4x4

ORIGINAL: VULTCH

I'll try to post a short video clip soon.
I'd like to see a video please.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.