Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Blade CP Reciever

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Blade CP Reciever

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 11:10 PM
///mpower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blade CP Reciever

I am having a lot of glitching regarding the throttle on my blade CP. I have the stock reviver and am getting really tired of slamming into the ground and then full throttle. What would be my best bet for a new receiver and where should I get it form.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:31 AM
HeliTB

Default RE: Blade CP Reciever

The receiver could be bad. This would be a good time to buy a better receiver since the CP Pro can do separates. I would go with a micro receiver like the GWS 6 channel ($24). You can buy a crystal ($7) for it that matches your stock radio.
Old 03-09-2007, 06:59 PM
AirmanBob
My Feedback: (14)

IMO GWS receivers are not the best for helicopters.

Try going to: http://www.polkshobby.com/index1.html and check out the
seeker 6 receiver. No crystals required. It operates with any transmitter
you have.

I have one in my MX 400 and I've been runnng one in my airplanes for a couple
of years with no problems what-so-ever.

They are nice to have around. No having to buy crystals.

Bob
Old 03-11-2007, 06:04 PM
FREEBIRD

I use a Hitec Electron 6, a little Teleebee HH gyro, and the 2&1 unit Horizon sells for separates on the Blade, with the stock motors this flies very nicely, keeps a good solid tail in wind as well. I use a Futaba 6EXHP Tx, they're not a real high end unit but they have great heli programing and are easy to use, and are ready for more advanced heli's when you are.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:23 PM
///mpower

Yah, it might be a bad receiver, but I tried looping the antenna line around the tail fin and then bringing it back and they GREATLY reduced the amount of glitches....around one every other flight. Anyways, that started making me think that it might not be a receiver problem...any ideas? Would it just be best to dangle the antenna (i'm not doing any 3-d yet or inverted)?
Old 03-13-2007, 11:04 AM
FMB42

Hi mpower,
Consider the following;

Try operating your heli in a different area just in case you are picking up external interferece.

Double check the "Recommended Power System and Main Blade Configurations" section in the manual, as this covers the various problems that can occur due to excessive current draw. I noticed that the manual does not recommend running the stock 10 tooth pinion motor with 3 cell LiPo batteries due to possible radio "glitches" and damage to the 4 in 1 caused by excessive current draw. Using different motor/pinion, main blade, and batteries can result in excessive current draw and glitching.

I once had a heli glitching problem that was traced to a cracked Tx antenna solder joint at the main board. This was a simple fix with the use of a soldering iron, once I found the problem.

Otherwise consider upgrading to a better Rx or entire radio system like AirmanB and Freebird talk of. My stock Blade Cp radio system just does not compare well with the Hitec radio that I use for my fixed wing aircraft. This seems to be typical with many of the RTF radio systems.

I'm sure you know about the above suggestions, but I thought I'd mention them anyway. Good luck and good flying!