Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Esky Honey Bee CP2 2007

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Esky Honey Bee CP2 2007

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 10:40 PM
Mdhat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Esky Honey Bee CP2 2007

Hey All wanted to start it off! Just purchased HB CP2 2007 and looking for tips and pro/con on my purchase. Cant be the only owner, at least I hope not!
Attached Images  
Old 03-14-2007, 06:16 AM
HeliTB

Default RE: Esky Honey Bee CP2 2007

MdHat...you just may end up being the only owner. I had one for about year before selling it. Don't get me wrong it's an exceelent helicopter until need parts. Parts support it scarce.

Following the link below: JagHobbies is where I used to get my parts from.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5543884/tm.htm
Old 03-14-2007, 05:04 PM
neweheliflyer

It is a good heliocpter - here a flying video
Old 03-14-2007, 09:53 PM
Mdhat

Thanks for the link for parts and the positive opinion on the heli. I havent flown it yet, still a beginner at fliing. Have a DF4 and figure I'll get alot more practice on it, before I step up to the collective pitch. The wife told me of a friend who had the HB in box never opened and wanted to sell. Price was right so I jumped on it.[sm=spinnyeyes.gif] Thanks for the video link too.
Old 03-16-2007, 03:34 AM
allthumbs69

I am looking around for my first heli... well unless you call a twister medivac a heli, and I was considering buying a CP2 until I heard about the parts problem. Any suggestions for another type? I have heard that the Walkera has bad electrics & the Colco has meltdown problems.

Confused
Old 03-16-2007, 09:08 AM
Mdhat

As much as I hate to go against my own heli's, I hear the E-Flite CP2 is a real good machine. It all depends on what you want to spend though. I have a Walkera dragon fly 4, that I've been learning on and been told its a hard machine to learn on, unstable, but price is right for starter.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:24 AM
Mdhat

As far as parts availability for the Honey Bee, heres a link and also as far as I can see all basic parts are the same as the DF4.

http://www.jaghobbies.com/rc_cars/rc_planes.htm

I'm not an expert by any means but to me, a beginner, the price is biggest consideration. If your just getting into helicopters you may want to start out with fixed pitch before going right into collective. You will save your self money to start and can always upgrade later once you figure out how to fly. Its not as easy as everyone thinks. Just cause the box says, fly right out of the box, doesnt mean everyone. Takes some experience. First tip, make sure heli is balanced, and install training gear before you do anything. Other wise you'll be buying blades and landing gear in about 15 seconds. Good luck. Any other questions or tips I can help you with just ask, have checked out a lot of forums for heli adjustments and parts and general info.

Tom
Old 03-16-2007, 11:24 AM
taoist flyer

I have a honey bee cp2 and have been flying it for almost a year now. I thought it was un-flyable a few times but it only needed to be properly set up and balanced. It’s still a shaky heli but it fly’s well for the price, even after a few good wrecks. I use an E-flight battery instead of the E-sky battery and I found that the E-flight blade cp motors and blades work in it as well. I flew it the other day and took some good video, check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7CuFBY32eI

Also this is another link for replacement parts http://www.helidirect.com/index.php?cPath=38_66

In all honesty I would like a helicopter of a higher quality that can perform good 3d, preferably with a belt driven tail. I have never been able to get the honey bee cp2 to get enough negative pitch for inverted flight. The rotor head is way to loose, upgrading to an aluminum rotor head and installing a HH gyro would probably do the trick. I also need to increase my head speed but I don’t know how.

Old 03-16-2007, 05:49 PM
allthumbs69

Thanks for the advice guys. Much appreciated. Cool video too taoist flyer.
I thought I'd go for a CP heli first up & cut out the middle step. I've had a twin rotor twister for a few months but those things practically fly themselves & i want to be able to do more. It looks almost exactly the same as the one in taoist's video. I've also got a Great Planes simulator & I like the CP models on there. I understand that they can be flown like a fixed pitch model like on the simulator. Is that true? (sorry to show my ignorance).

Mdhat... You mentioned that I need to make sure the heli is balanced. How do i do that? (there's that ignorance again).

Chris
Old 03-16-2007, 06:22 PM
Mdhat

Hey Thumbs,
Balance is all in placement of the battery, place two fingers under the fly bar and pick it up, if nose goes down slide batt. back, and opposite if tail goes down. Also there is balancing of the blades. Thats alittle to hard to explain here but I'll find the link to the site I found for it.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:39 PM
Mdhat

Hey Chris "Thumbs",
This is one link I found for balancing and tips, check links on right side of page too. Its all for the Dragonfly 4 but general info is all the same.

http://www.rc-airplane-world.com/fly...dle-pitch.html

Also there is adjustments to the servo linkages to make the heli less responsive, which I did just to make it alittle easier to control till I got use to it. Check the photos in my profile there is one there showing what I did.

Tom
Old 03-16-2007, 07:07 PM
Mdhat

Chris,
check the dragonfly forums, blade setup tips for FP heli's, GTXSlotCar has a good explanation there.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:14 PM
allthumbs69

Thanks for the info Md. I see what you mean about the servo. [8D]
Old 03-17-2007, 08:26 PM
allthumbs69

Hey Md. I decided to start with a fixed pitch after all. I just ordered a Dragonfly 4 [link]http://rchobby.com.au/product_info.php?products_id=378[/link]. It should be here in a week or so. Guess I should move to a different forum now.
Old 03-17-2007, 09:37 PM
Mdhat

Chris,
Glad to here it, good luck with it, looks like a good design on the rotor head. I like the improvement, wish my DF4 had that design. Smart choice on the FP to start with, see they also put in the larger motor. Well glad I could help ya out some. Let me know how you make out.

Tom