Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

simulator

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 01:41 PM
rcpack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default simulator

Hi their. I wanted to buy an FS ONE rc simulator because that is the only one that my hobby shop has. I am planning on using my laptop for it. Well I saw that the requirements says you need 1.8Ghz minimum in your computer. My laptop has 1.4Ghz and I was wondering If it would still work? Thanks
Old 03-18-2007, 05:14 PM
Whirley Bird
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: simulator

I wouldn't.
The lap top CPU was measured with lab grade gear.
It may very well be close to 1.6 MEG.
The software says 1.8 minimum so I would stay with that.
I flew my first Heli this afternoon.
Belonged to my friend so it was all set up.
I just used 1 battery with the training gear indoors.
I made several slow 360 turns and did a nice hover and set it down.
I just took my sweet time with the speed.
They do sell a test stand where you can run the chopper and not worry about breaking any parts.
This allows you to see how it's going to fly plus you can make needed adjustment.
Just take your time.
Vegas/
Old 03-18-2007, 05:42 PM
i live for 3D
Banned

in my opinion reflex is the best for helis. I have one i can sell you. PM me if your interested.
Old 03-18-2007, 09:47 PM
polygonhell

The 1.8 is likely conservative and probably refers to a P4 class processor, your laptop is likely a centrino or a core2 architecture, which is good news for you because they run faster clock for clock.
Your bigger issue might be the graphics card in your laptop, many laptops have extremely bad graphics performance and that might stop you running it adequately.
Old 03-19-2007, 03:29 PM
FMB42

I don't think you will be happy with any SIM on any laptop running at "1.4 Ghz". Most "older" laptops are not capable of doing anything like running a SIM with good results due to very poor battery performance and or graphics. Another thing is that some older laptops with 1+Ghz Celeron chips ran as slow as your average 450 MHz desk top units. I'd say "forget it" if your Ltop is running a Celeron, unless you are lucky. You may want to test the capability of your laptop by downloading the "FMS" freeware SIM, as the min. req.s for FMS are roughly similar to those of FS ONE. This is just my .02 worth.

P.S. You now have a reason to buy that new Ltop you've been wanting, so whats stopping you?
Old 03-19-2007, 04:26 PM
WesInGolden

My work laptop is only 1.4 Ghz and Phoenix runs FINE and has an accurate T-Rex 450SE. Flys very much like my Rex except the sim had a bit more power. I reduced the 'motor output' on the sim and now it flys just like mine here at altitude in Colorado. I have flown all the simulators (other than XTR) and Phoenix has them all beat on Heli simulation and the planes aren't too bad either.

Currently flying heavy aerobatics, inverted hovers, fast tail first flight, loops, rolls, etc...
wm