Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Mini Titan thread

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Mini Titan thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 11:54 PM
RC David

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Mini Titan thread

Red,

When I took it out today the tracking looked worse than the last time I flew so I adjusted the long link one more full turn and tracking looks perfect now. My TT heli mentor said the short upper link is the "course" adjustment and the long lower link is the "fine" adjustment.

One question though... If both ends of the linkage rods are right-hand threads and the ball links have to be perpendicular (90 degrees to each other) to connect then I don't understand how I can adjust less than 1/2 turn. Also, my TT heli mentor says the ball link ends go on only one way (with the tiny molded in "T" facing out). If this is true then even 1/2 turns are not possible.

Now if the threads on one end of the rod are right-hand threads and the other end left-hand then you could just turn the rod.

Also, I understand what you're saying about spacers. That is why I only bought TT ones and when I swapped the old ones out I pulled both and replaced both with new at the same time. Now that I've learned to adjust tracking maybe the old ones are ok. I guess I'll just keep them for back-up though.

Maybe next fall I'll try a Kasama or other metal head on it.

Loving this awesome mini-Titan is the reason I'm most likely going to get the E550 Raptor now instead of the Hurricane H550

Dave
Old 05-23-2008, 12:04 AM
RC David

H3li,

This is just me being "picky" but I use the Align flybar weights instead because their edges are beveled and will cause less drag/resistance than the Thunder Tiger weights which are not beveled. I also use 2 on each side (about an inch apart) since I need all the stability I can get. ;-)

Not a biggie but those blades DO spin at 2000+RPM

Just thought I'd pass that on.

Dave D.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:09 AM
RC David

GRR Mojo,

I replaced my upper mixing arms with the metal Thunder Tiger ones after a landing pad mishap last February. It might just be me but after that the head seemed to operate smoother than when it was stock plastic.

Dave D.
Old 05-23-2008, 05:51 AM
H3li

Hi Dave, thankyou for the tip regarding the Align flybar weights - will look into those too.
I ordered the Thunder Tiger weights a couple of days ago - should hopefully arrive today - will see how I get on with these initially.

Co-incidentally, I've also recently upgraded the Upper mixing arms and Lower swash arms with the Thunder Tiger metal items.
Partly because the plastic ones were the first thing to break on the Head in a tip-over, also I'm on a long and determined path to fully upgrade all the plastic Head/Tail parts to metal.

Can't wait to fly this bird this weekend, once I get the weights on!
Old 05-23-2008, 07:55 AM
H3li

Quick Q regarding the stock TT 325 wood blades that come with the MT package (the ones that have the holes drilled into them)...
Are these directly bolted into the standard Mini Titan Head, or should you be using the TT Blade Spacers??

I naturally installed these Wood blades in my Titan when I first bought it. For the first couple of spool-ups.. everything would be fine upto around 20 - 30% throttle, then suddently the Heli would bounce around quite violenty and tipped over TWICE (resulting in head damage)!
Perhaps using the TT Blade spacers would have helped prevent this issue?

I do still have these Blades, however do not plan to use them again (unless I get to the source of the problem with them).
Since changing them with a new set of alternative 325 main blades, my Mini Titan spools up and flies great, displaying no further issues!
Old 05-25-2008, 12:03 AM
RC David

H3li,

I'm not sure of you have a blade issue but I will tell you that when my mini-Titan was flown for the first 2-3 batteries, the WHOLE heli shook like crazy until all the mechanical parts (bearings, linkage, swash, etc.) found their groove. Then for the next 1-2 batteries it started to smooth out. It took about 6 or 7 batteries to really be broken in.

I'm glad my heli mentor flew the first 2 batteries though as it shook so bad I would probably have crashed it.

Like you, I came directly from a Blade CX-2 so enlisted the help of an experienced person. I'm sure it can be trimmed and broken in by yourself but I don't recommend that if it's your first collective pitch heli.

The blade spacers (PV0829) are intended for Align (or other thinner at the root blades). They fly "ok" but due to their weight, they cause the motor to heat up pretty quick. I now only intend to run Align Pro wood blades myself.

Dave D.
Old 05-25-2008, 12:31 AM
osterizer

You don't need to use spacers to fly the blades that come with the kit, but if the OEM blades aren't working well, and you have blades that do, then just toss the stockers and move on. TT makes good helicopters, but it's rare that the blades that come in the box work well, from any manufacturer.
Old 05-27-2008, 04:32 AM
H3li

Cheers for the feedback guys..

With a new/different set of Blades, the vibration issue I originally talked about virtually disappeared.
I just recently fitted a new set of ' Align 325 PRO ' wood main blades - Part number : HS1158-01 (in Red/White).
First time I've used these - have to say they look great. I've also reset the tracking - the disc now looks SHARP!

Flybar weights also fitted. Haven't had a chance to get out with my Mini Titan as the weather has been very poor (is this supposed to be summer!?).
Will report back soon.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:45 AM
H3li

....OK, got out with my MT last night, wind was a breeze at most, and I had a wide open field to 'play' with.
Spooled up and took off into a solid steady hover - Did some gentle flying around, VERY stable, predictable with no sudden surprises!

With a single set of flybar weights fitted next to the Paddles, control is a little less hyper (for me anyway!) - considering I'm still getting to grips flying this Heli, with my only previous Heli experience being a coaxial Blade CX2.

The set of Flybar weights have made the Titan more "friendly" during "normal" flight. As I mentioned before, the wind was blustery to gusting - really not ideal conditions for maiden flights on any new Heli !

Am now VERY happy with the current setup, cant wait to get out again! Will obviously move the flybar weights towards the Grips as I get more confident with my progress (then remove them all together)... Tis nice to drive home with a fully INTACT Heli that wont need to be stripped down before its next flight!

Also plan to attach my SkyCamOne2 CAM to the skids at some point, for some sweet aerial video/photography.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:51 AM
H3li

Painted Canopies - Would be grateful to find out if anyone has come across any for the Mini Titan ??
(not including the standard White / Red SE versions). Alternatively, would another brand canopy fit the MT directly with no mods - TRex?
Old 05-29-2008, 10:09 AM
redvtr1000

there are some canopies out there that are prepainted for the MT. I'm not sure about UK dealers but two in the US that I know of are helihobby.com and helidirect.com

Both of them carry the canomod canopies which can be viewed from canomod.com, helidirect also sells some fusuno canopies which are lower quality and I would probably stay away from them. I ordered one and it arrived cracked and fit very poorly, just a cheap beater canopy that I wouldn't bother with but the canomod stuff is really good looking. You won't be disappointed in the canomod stuff
Old 05-30-2008, 04:58 AM
H3li

Hi redvtr, thankyou for your feedback regarding my Post above on the Canopies.

I've checked out the canomod canopies - wow! stunning! I've also found a UK re-seller too which is great.
The Canopies are quite expensive, but if they look as great as the pictures, will be an excellent investment!

Point taken on the fusuno canopies, will stay clear of these.

Again, many thanks for your reply.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:57 AM
We3R/C

Hello all, I just purchased a Mini Titan. I am using HS-65mg's on the head and was wondering if anyone else had problems making these fit? I had to grind down the "Servo trays" and frame. I think it will be ok, a little thinner, but still appears strong. I'm using a Logictec 2100, anyone else? Can Anyone "translate" the silly instructions for the Logictec? Thanks,Mike
Old 06-08-2008, 02:50 AM
Zeuss

Yes i had to grind down the servo trays to make the hs65mg's fit, as long as you don't grind down too much they are still very strong.

a few posts up is some info about the 2100 see the following link.
[link]http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=670786[/link]
Old 06-10-2008, 10:19 PM
GRR_Mojo

Got my cnc flybar control and see saw(TTE04,sonix) today. The screws that come with the see saw are not 1.5mm hex, anyone know what they might be?[sm=72_72.gif]

1.3mm or.050sae
Old 06-23-2008, 03:36 PM
H3li

Hi guys, this Mini Titan thread has gone a little quiet in recent days...

I've recently fitted all the Thunder Tiger Metal Tail (upgrade) parts to my Mini Titan.

However, now the standard White Mini Titan tail blades hang loose in the new Metal blade grips!!? Great design Thunder Tiger!
Are there any plastic blade spacers available for the mini titan tail, that will provide the tail blades a snug fit in the Metal blade grips?
(like what they have made for the main blades - part number PV0829).

I'm sure there are others out there that also have the TT metal tail installed - How did YOU get around this issue?

Thankyou in advance.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:08 AM
jcervantes11
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

where did you got you're ready to fly titan?
Old 06-29-2008, 01:33 AM
redbaron9898
My Feedback: (2)

jcervantes11- amainhobbies.com sells the RTF version

I am thinking about getting a mini-titan but i have a couple questions
I have:
esky 3800kv outrunner motor
25A esc
telebee gyro
no servos
910 3s li-po pack

What can i transfer to the mini titan?
Old 06-29-2008, 01:38 AM
jcervantes11

Gyro atleast, you're battery pack is to small. You're gyro isn't the best but who cares if you're not going to do 3d. I have that on my micro nitro helicopter flies good.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:49 AM
osterizer

Honestly, I wouldn't think to transfer any of these. The Telebee may work a bit, but part of the step up to a 325 heli is the step up to decent electronics. You can use toy-grade electronics on an E325, but it won't give the results you want. I'm not trying to sound pedantic, but if you use this stuff you'll get the logical result.

ORIGINAL: redbaron9898

jcervantes11- amainhobbies.com sells the RTF version

I am thinking about getting a mini-titan but i have a couple questions
I have:
esky 3800kv outrunner motor
25A esc
telebee gyro
no servos
910 3s li-po pack

What can i transfer to the mini titan?
Old 06-29-2008, 02:02 AM
jcervantes11

may work a bit? No it does work if you tweak it a bit. I have a .15 size helicopter, we're able to get rolls and loops without problem. But for mean time he should have a problem.
500 size is bigger then a 450 helicopter. I don't know I have no issue, because mine is setup very well to the max. I think telebee would be great for starters some people start
from the bottom and then move up with better electronic.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:59 PM
jcervantes11

450 size
Old 06-29-2008, 05:05 PM
redbaron9898

Thanks for helping guys
I am going to get a logictech 2100t gyro
hs-65mgs
2100mah 3c battery
35A align esc
recomendations on the motor?
Old 06-29-2008, 05:09 PM
jcervantes11

titan comes with brushless motor and esc but good choice with the logitech.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:24 PM
redbaron9898

would it be bad to get a 2500mah 3s 20c battery?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.