Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

next step after eflite blade cx?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

next step after eflite blade cx?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 07:17 PM
STEVESRCWORLD
My Feedback: (23)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default next step after eflite blade cx?

hello,

i am looking for suggestions on my next heli. i can fly the blade cx with no problem's and now i want to advance to a more capable heli. i have had the blade cp and would prefer not to have one again. i never could get it to fly just right. i'm on a budget and i need something that part's are easily accessible for those mishap's that i know will come.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:49 PM
Druss

Default RE: next step after eflite blade cx?

if you're on a budget then you should let us know what it is so that we can provide intelligent suggestions...
Old 11-05-2007, 06:37 PM
STEVESRCWORLD

about $300.00. how are the walkera heli's?
Old 11-05-2007, 07:01 PM
ea01bg

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take a look at the Black Hawk 450 at KA-Planes it comes in two versions the standard Black hawk 450 and the SE version (carbon fiber frame and all cnc parts. They are good Helis and KA-Planes goes the extra mile on service and support.
I got a CX2 and after a few weeks got the Black Hawk SE. 50 flights later I still cnat stop smiling
Old 11-05-2007, 07:23 PM
mrasmm

I guess you could look at the HBK2 for that price, the blade cp+ and pro are an option as well as the axecp. I personally would stay away from the walkera name. As a general rule they have poor electronics on them.

You can get into a Trex complete kit for about 500 and the blade 400 RTF for something like 470 when it ever comes out.
Old 11-05-2007, 09:44 PM
blade_killer

Honey Bee FP
Old 11-05-2007, 10:10 PM
Druss

For $300 I'd suggest either the blackhawk 450 or belt cp.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:20 PM
USHobbySupply

HBK2 for under 150 RTF (and just a little more for bl upgrade), with money to spare for parts! If you spend the whole wad on the heli, then some time real soon, you will be needing parts but not be having any money for them.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:05 PM
FMB42

Ya, $300 should get you into a HBK2 with a brushless motor/ESC upgrade and maybe even a larger capacity battery as well. The K2 flys quite well with a BL motor and a larger battery (1250-1500-1800mAh) makes for even better stability.

Just be sure to carefully go over the setup as this is super critical for successful flight. I don't know if you still have the Blade CP but if so, you may want to double check the setup before you give up on it. The website " www.bladecprepair.com " has some good info on setting up the BCP and some of this info can be applied to helicopters in general as well.

The good thing about Blade and Trex helicopters is that many of your local hobby shops carry parts for them. Esky parts can be ordered and on your door step in about a week or less. Just ask around about what replacement parts to get once you decide on your next heli brand/model as this will give you a better chance of staying ahead of the "waiting for parts" game.

Good luck and good flying!
Old 11-06-2007, 05:21 PM
STEVESRCWORLD

what do you think about the belt-cp heki? i want something that i can use the supplied electronics for a while.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:23 PM
Druss

you can get the belt cp for $209 at helidirect, this will leave you some money for parts (blades, spindle and main shafts, extra belt... etc). Probably one of the best options for $300.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:29 PM
FMB42

you can get the belt cp for $209 at helidirect, this will leave you some money for parts (blades, spindle and main shafts, extra belt... etc). Probably one of the best options for $300.
This is a very good idea.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:07 PM
blade_killer

I think you should stay away from any CP as a step up from a CX, get a FP it will last in a crash better then a CP while learning. They hold up to the beginner crashes very well and you usually dont break anything in a crash and if you do it's cheap and fast to fix. If you crash a CP (and you will) you'll spend more, break more, take longer to fix, and have to order more parts. IMO, until you learn how to fly a single rotor FP and fly it good, stay away from a CP.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:17 PM
USHobbySupply

ORIGINAL: mrasmm

....... the blade 400 RTF for something like 470 when it ever comes out.
Yah, when it comes out.

I dont get the hype with the Blade400.

$470 for a RTF heli. Thats over 270 more than a BeltCP. From the photos that have been posted, it LOOKS like a BeltCP in many ways. Reported to be almost the same size.

Whats all the hype for?
Old 11-06-2007, 07:24 PM
mrasmm

lol, no idea on that one =P

The only thing you could even call an advantage is that it's gona have parts stocked at the LHS. Maybe the 2.4 too, but I think I remember you saying that the esky's were going to be comming out with 2.4 soon too?

the other thing is for about $30 bucks more, you can just get a Trex with a dx6. I guess the only advantage for that would be for newbs if they weren't comfortable with putting one together.

I don't really understand what it's all about either, it's not in anyones hands and no one that I've talked to has flown it to give it an honest opinion or anything. Eflite and horizon just have a really good marketing staff =) lol, that must be the difference =)

good seeing you around!
Old 11-06-2007, 07:31 PM
USHobbySupply

I don't think i said that, but it would be great news!!!! That would really up the ante' , so to speak.
Old 11-06-2007, 07:35 PM
mrasmm

lol yeah =)

someone said it somewhere.... hrm... if it wasn't you, then who was it?!
Old 11-06-2007, 08:18 PM
USHobbySupply

ORIGINAL: Druss

even less
Old 11-06-2007, 08:56 PM
Druss

ya but I basically was listing the worst case for the belt cp cost wise.

also in response to blade killer, many people learn on cp heli's. is the fp to cp a better route? I'm not sure as I learned on a cp and all it cost me were blades and a few feathering shafts. I have no regrets at all about getting a cp first and considering many people advocate learning on a .50 or larger nitro as they are more stable... I don't think there is a "right" way to learn. a lot also depends on your budget, if you can afford a $2000 .90 size nitro then that's one way to go, if you can only afford a $150 300 size electric fp then that's another way. Also, many people learn at different rates and what's good for one is not always whats good for another.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:21 PM
USHobbySupply

It also depends on who you have to help.

I would no way suggest a nitro bird to a person who did not have ready access to a club or other people to help. Really, that can only end in one type of disaster or another.

FP is also a good route, one I advocate alot. Some people agree, others dont. Thats why the heli gods have given us both
Old 11-07-2007, 11:11 PM
flag8r

Thunder Tiger Mini Titan!
Old 11-08-2007, 12:22 AM
Druss

provides no information beyond the fact that you like the TT Mini Titan... It would cost him well over his $300 budget to get one RTF.