Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Heli Tail Question

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Heli Tail Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 05:37 PM
think20
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heli Tail Question

After a few minutes of flying my MX400 using a telebee gyro, it begins a slow tail spin to the left. What may be causing this and how can I stop it from happening.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:14 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Heli Tail Question

If the drift is not consistent from the beginning of the flight, then there might be something electrical causing it.

Around the year 2000, I ditched my telebee gyro when it locked hard to one side, and crashed my helicopter. Around the same time frame, a friend of mine crashed his helicopter after his telebee gyro gave the receiver enough feedback to cause it to lock up and not respond to TX inputs.

Maybe yours is trying to tell you something.

Rafael
Old 11-18-2007, 06:00 PM
JordanT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Heli Tail Question

the telebee is a piezo gyro and therefore does not work if its temperature suddenlly changes. Maybe something on the heli is causing it to get hot. In any case I would suggest ditching the telebee and buying a good heading hold gyro like a futaba 401 or JR 770 etc...