Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

My Hurricane 550's first Hover

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

My Hurricane 550's first Hover

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 09:07 PM
Kelownan
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My Hurricane 550's first Hover

ORIGINAL: jerrymac

Do you know Marco? He seems to be quite a character considering his posts over at HF. '' Marco's mate Dion '' ? Hmmm, sounds like some good ribbing might be in order,lol. Who is Dion?
i dont "know" know marco, i just chat a bit on HF. Him and Dion are the guys in NZ who import Gaui helis and Parts,
He also does hirobo parts but im jus in it for the Hurri's
Old 01-24-2010, 11:02 PM
Cleared2Engage

ORIGINAL: Cleared2Engage

It's good to see that people are still flying the Hurricane. After I got my 600 it's been on the shelf and I only drag it out when I'm trying to sell it to someone. Now I'm considering buying a speed controller, gyro and rudder servo that were stripped out of it for other projects and getting it back in the air. It's nowhere near being a T-Rex 600, but it's such a great heli.
Well, after a better part of a year having my 550 collecting dust, I got it up in the air again this weekend. I upgraded my 600, so I used the parts from it and transferred them to the Hurricane. It's not a 3D beast, but it is a good lazy aerobatic flyer. It still does all the loops and rolls and now that I've gotten a little better I almost had it cutting the grass inverted. I was going to sell it off, but after this weekend I just might keep it. Any of you guys still flying yours?
Old 01-24-2010, 11:15 PM
HSVXU6

Still got mine but it is hanging up in the workshop. It's something that I will never sell (hopefully) Had a big crash 12months ago and fixed it but haven't flown it since. When I get some more $ I will buy some new lipos for her and give it another go. I have an Air Wolf fuse to put on and that is my final aim and to put an auto pilot in it. I just love the look and the sound, we will see what we shall see
Old 01-24-2010, 11:28 PM
jerrymac
My Feedback: (2)

It's good to see that people are still flying the Hurricane. After I got my 600 it's been on the shelf and I only drag it out when I'm trying to sell it to someone. Now I'm considering buying a speed controller, gyro and rudder servo that were stripped out of it for other projects and getting it back in the air. It's nowhere near being a T-Rex 600, but it's such a great heli.
Well, after a better part of a year having my 550 collecting dust, I got it up in the air again this weekend. I upgraded my 600, so I used the parts from it and transferred them to the Hurricane. It's not a 3D beast, but it is a good lazy aerobatic flyer. It still does all the loops and rolls and now that I've gotten a little better I almost had it cutting the grass inverted. I was going to sell it off, but after this weekend I just might keep it. Any of you guys still flying yours?

Yep, I still fly mine every chance I get, and I am currently building a Hurricane 425. With the right equipment, the Hurricanes can fly nearly as good as any other heli. I like them so much I even started one of those free, no frills proboard forums just for Gaui helicopters. It is a new site, with only a dozen members right now, but hope it grows in the future.

Please feel free to Google "Gaui Helicopter Talk" and join us if you like.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:51 PM
dunkonu23

I'm flying mine... although in all truthfulness, it's not really a complete Gaui anymore. It's more of a Head Hunter/Gaui Hurricane 550. It flies beautifully. It's a helicopter I can grow into and yep... it is a 3D monster with the Head Hunter frames.

Scott

PS... Yep... come join us at "Gaui Helicopter Talk"!
Old 02-28-2010, 09:20 PM
xodarap1

I've got 3 of them and fly em everyday. They are better than most give credit for and do well with stock parts and basic electronics. They and are simple to fly and a breeze to setup. Here's a vid of practicing a cradle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbSM-f0mW-8
Old 03-01-2010, 10:00 AM
ea01bg

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I retired mine at the end of last season. I was going to set it up for night flying but had a hard time finding parts. It sat around for a bit then started getting scavenged for the electronics.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:12 PM
xodarap1

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weKEpla-Uvw[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q83VJPr5QEM[/youtube]
Old 08-20-2010, 09:57 AM
xodarap1

Still great helis to learn on in their plastic or cf stock form.. and with a simple $60 motor upgrade and some cheap CF blades they are even more fun!
This is my old plastic z30 hurri now with hundreds of flights on it. All of them have been very low maintenance helis. Only two complete bearing changes and those were after wicked crashes onto pavement. Same stock tail on em, same belts, never a kick or static issue that wasn't due to a setup issue etc.. definitely was worth every penny of the initial investments.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMFi_84k82g[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cFbWvGNeeo[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LPaSYY75cw[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eoYxwaahs4[/youtube]