Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

helimax cp or blade cp

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

helimax cp or blade cp

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 12:44 PM
gregziemba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default helimax cp or blade cp

I was woundering which heli is better. this will be my frist heli also.
Old 01-06-2008, 01:05 PM
ArrowNaughtic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: helimax cp or blade cp

gregziemba,
What does your Local Hobby Shop carry? If both, then look at spare parts pricing. The most common items to break on those helis are feathering shfts/spindles, Bent main shafts and main rotor blades. Price those items side by side and go with the better deal for parts pricing. Also look at the peice of tail motors as they usually don't last too long either.
When you get whichever one tickles your fancy, remember to also get training gear for it and then google Radds school of flight. Take it slow and easy to start, these CCPM micro helis can be very delicate. I have seen many new owners buy, charge a battery and be off to the LHS within 5 minutes. Let us know which you decide on and either of the subforums will have and endless supply of tips tricks and advice!

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Of all the things I ever lost....................................... I miss my mind the most!
Old 01-06-2008, 01:51 PM
Druss

ORIGINAL: gregziemba

I was woundering which heli is better. this will be my frist heli also.
not to be mean but they both kind of suck as a first heli. very hard to control and expensive to fix. suggest you look at a fixed pitch or something like the G2 or King2 with a belt driven tail.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:18 PM
garydogwood

i have to agree with Druss; neither are very good and very difficult to lean on. i've had both. of the two, i like the blade CP better - but only after i upgraded to a brushless motor, added a gyro and DX7 radio. after all that, i could have had a much better longer lasting heli like a TREX (Blade 400 wasn't availble then). not saying it can't be done but prepare to spend a lot of money on expensive little parts. might as well go for a 450 size - something like a trex SE or even the new Blade 400. the Blade 400 will set you back about $500 (complete with radio and everything). A TREX will be more around the $1000 mark. i got the TREX 450 and it is MUCH MUCH easier to fly / learn on and less expensive to repair when you do ding something.

gw.
Old 01-08-2008, 10:44 PM
Druss

Well, I'm glad you agree with me gary but I don't want to push him to spend $500 on his first heli either.

For a 450 size trainer the esky belt cp is a great deal. actually cheaper than either the axe cp or blade cp, it's bigger and more stable, much stronger frame, cheaper parts, already has brushless motor and esc and it comes with all separate receiver, gyro and esc. I really hate 3in1 units.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:19 AM
fw190
My Feedback: (37)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldn't recommend a CP as a first heli, unless you got lots of simulator time. If you don't have a sim dont even think about a CP get an FP heli IMHO
Old 01-09-2008, 08:19 AM
The Hedgehog

ORIGINAL: fw190

I wouldn't recommend a CP as a first heli, unless you got lots of simulator time. If you don't have a sim dont even think about a CP get an FP heli IMHO
It really dpends on the person, I learned to fly on a CP with no simulator and did not get too frutrated. If you have someone to steer you in the right direction I think you will be fine.
Old 01-09-2008, 12:17 PM
Druss

ORIGINAL: AutoXMan

ORIGINAL: fw190

It really dpends on the person, I learned to fly on a CP with no simulator and did not get too frutrated. If you have someone to steer you in the right direction I think you will be fine.
well i did the middle ground here, learned on a cp with help AND a sim and i hovered a full battery on my second try and with a blade cp to boot.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:14 PM
gnd2

I learned on a Blade CP+ with no sim and no help other than reading RADD's and other stuff I found on the net. Did take me a little while to get in the air but I didn't find it terribly frustrating. It does depend on the individual but it can be done, heck people were flying RC helis long before there were simulators.

I too pondered the Blade vs. Axe question and after watching some videos on youtube decided on the Blade because it just seemed more solid and refined in the air than the Axe (as far as these little RTF's go anyway). Plus my LHS supported the eflite stuff.

A belt CP, blade 400 or trex is obviously going to be better but it is tough to swallow all those $$$ when you're looking at getting in the air for $200. Actually, I think the belt CP prices are getting pretty low so you might want to consider that.

The Honey Bee King 2 is a great deal and will have better tail response because it has a belt driven tail instead of the motor driven tail (I really hate those tail motors) but it seems very touchy compared to the Blade CP and I think it might be harder to learn on. It's a good heli once you get the hang of it though.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:34 PM
Druss

that's funny because i find the king2 much more stable than my blade cp.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:23 PM
gnd2

ORIGINAL: Druss

that's funny because i find the king2 much more stable than my blade cp.
You're right, the king 2 is more stable, I just mean it seems to react much quicker to control inputs, you have to have a lighter touch on the sticks. I'm guessing because it's bell-hiller where the blade CP is just hiller. I originally bought the king 2 because I wanted something that flew "mellow" like the Blade but with better tail holding but instead I found it to be more crisp and snappy than the blade. I'm looking for ways to tone it down and plan to add flybar weights to it.
Old 01-09-2008, 05:42 PM
Druss

you can add flybar weights to it but also think about moving the link in a hole or to on the servo, the closer it is to the center of the servo the less movement you'll see in the swashplate for the same movement in servo.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:15 AM
fw190
My Feedback: (37)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I have been flying RC planes for 20 years and I used a sim before flying my first heli which was a blade cp, its not easy. I just don't want to see anyone frustrated because all they do is crash, I have seen that many times over. Go to your LHS and try a sim, see what you can do with a cx or cp heli then make your decision.