Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Frequency matching?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Frequency matching?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 06:56 AM
jimbyjoe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frequency matching?

hi all

I have to replace the 4-in-1 in my Esky Comanche. Now the transmitter I have says 36.330Mhz (in small writing under it says TX36MHz) - if I get a new 4-in-1 receiver, does this need to be exactly 36.330 or just 36? I'm a bit confused. You can only buy the 4-in-1's at 35, 36, and 72 (i think) Mhz.

Thanks guys
K
Old 01-10-2008, 08:17 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Frequency matching?

has to be exactly the same.....

does it have a crystal or is the frequency hard coded on the board?
Old 01-10-2008, 01:21 PM
redvtr1000

If they don't specify I would think that going with the 36mhz option is what you want. I don't know how many frequency options there are in a certain mhz range but I would think you would be ok with the 36 (should be the same exact frequency as yours just not saying it). Contact the manufacturer/distributor to be on the safe side.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:15 PM
kuade
My Feedback: (3)

see my next post...
Old 01-10-2008, 06:23 PM
kuade

Ok, sorry, it has been a long night... Measure the length of the antenna (wire).... if the wire is 77.3" long then you have a 33.330 MHz Rx. Take into account there may be some length of wire to add inside the case of the 4in1. If your Rx was exactly 36Mhz then the wire would be 78" long, it is highly unlikely that your reciever is exactly 36Mhz. Good luck
Old 01-10-2008, 06:31 PM
jimbyjoe

it's the Esky EK2-0705B. i have kind of sorted it out though - I ordered another 4 in 1, but found a local bloke who sells the TX/RX crystals, so just got another set of 36.330's; realy i could've got whatever and just put them in the TX and RX.
i hope that works!
Old 01-10-2008, 06:43 PM
kuade

Well it looks like you have it covered. Too bad you can't get a 4in1 2.4Ghz setup. Keep using the word "bloke" it is a funny word and confuses us crazy americans.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:03 PM
jimbyjoe

ahh mate, you should stick your head in the Aussie Beer and BBQ forum - that'll mess with your head! yes, we do talk like that but most of the time you can't understand us because it's all blurred. "g'day mate" is pronounced "gerdamaaye", with the usual Australian "aye" on the end,as do most words and sentences. most of us don't say "Crickey!" the way the late and great Steve Irwin did though.

BTW what is so good about the 2.4 Ghz systems? as a beginner flier would i notice any difference?
k

ps we DON'T ride kangaroos, though we would like you to think we do...
Old 01-10-2008, 07:15 PM
kuade

2.4 Ghz systems are not prone to interference from other transmitters, nobody else can control your craft, accidentally or on purpouse. 2.4Ghz systems "bind" the transmitter and reciever together.

Yeah, i met a guy from Australia once in Yellowstone national park, he has traveling accross North America on a Dual Sport motor bike. He camped with my wife and I for two nights and he tried to teach me all the Aussie lingo, like "Billy". Yeah "Crickey" was just Irwin's catch word, smart guy, that word helped make him popular in the US.