Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Hirobo SRB Quark Forum: Photos Q&A

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Hirobo SRB Quark Forum: Photos Q&A

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 03:58 AM
HeliYogi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hirobo SRB Quark Forum: Photos Q&A

In my experience the best blades are the foam/laminated, both money and safe wise.

Have you been flying at all?

[8D]
Old 01-08-2009, 09:00 PM
HeliYogi

Happy 2009 to all the Quarky's!

HY
Old 01-12-2009, 02:36 PM
willowarune
My Feedback: (2)

Thanks to the never-ending snow, my Quark has yet to fly outside. Inside, it has been a delight. In comparison to the CX2, it is so stable and easy.

While I did note the comments on the stock batteries, I found a deal on eBay, with two stock batteries and a charger for a good price. Bid and won, so I now have three batteries that will do just fine. Thanks to a clumsy cat, I lost one screw (the one that holds the main blade on) so looked around and finally found an answer at eHirobo. Fair enough, but Greg should have packets of assorted fasterners for teh Quark in shortly, so off goes that order as well as one for some blades, main and tail.

Experiments prove that our dogs do little more than watch. Cats are another matter. I am not good enough to herd the cats yet, but one can certainly get them moving!

Every time I work with the Quark, the little details of sound construction and thought become evident. The little bumps on the skids, the guides to help you place the canopy in the right position for mounting, the manual that covers everything and more. Small details but the quality often emerges form small things.

Still intend to try out the "racing" blades retained from the CX2 - they do seem to be much the same shape and for an experiment it will be interesting. And the desire for a FlyCamOne2 should be interesting to fulfill.

Willow
Old 01-12-2009, 05:44 PM
HeliYogi

Hey W. sounds like your having fun!

I ran out of tail blades, four days down! Just now got the new supply as the mail man came in. Hurring up job activities so I can take of in the early afternoon
Old 01-12-2009, 07:30 PM
willowarune

Yes, I am...

The cats, on the other hand, might not agree.

Rotten animals, cats. Dogs forever!!

Willow
Old 01-12-2009, 11:36 PM
Dave ESPI

cars rule, dogs drool.

ps: I've aquired a Hirobo Lepton.

I really hope it is "All that a heli can be" as I've missed a lot of stability in other electrics......
Old 01-13-2009, 02:42 AM
HeliYogi

Dave did you put the CB on your Quark?
Post photos of the Lepton, if they ever come up with a scale fuse for that machine I'm in, it fly's woow!
Old 01-15-2009, 12:46 PM
siul136

hello guys... i want to know if any know how install navigtion lights to hirobo quark.???
Old 01-15-2009, 12:52 PM
HeliYogi

No, there is some photos and thats it
Old 01-15-2009, 01:28 PM
willowarune

I posted teh photos and reference to the writer earlier on this list.

I am attempting the same and will let you know what happens.

Willow
Old 01-16-2009, 02:33 AM
siul136

OK THANKS
Old 01-21-2009, 01:37 AM
TTMT

This is a very helpful thread for the SRB Quark. I ordered mine last Sunday and it's on the way. I also ordered a 72MHz frequency checker with long range antenna from Tower Hobbies, and a second battery from Greg Mitchell.

I wrote to Hirobo asking if they plan to introduce a 2.4GHz version (before I placed my order). They replied and said they have no plans to release a 2.4GHz version. So, I bought the FM frequency checker for added safety.

I've had a Thunder Tiger Mini Titan E325 for quite awhile, and I practice on a G4 sim. I've done a little nose-in hovering with the Mini, but my progress has been terribly slow. I'm hoping the Quark will give me hands-on training to fine-tune my sense of flight orientation.

If the Quark is as good as everyone says it is, it may be a turning point for me in developing my flying skills.

Thanks to everyone for the valuable input on this forum thread.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:12 AM
HeliYogi

[quote]ORIGINAL: TTMT

This is a very helpful thread for the SRB Quark. I ordered mine last Sunday and it's on the way. I also ordered a 72MHz frequency checker with long range antenna from Tower Hobbies, and a second battery from Greg Mitchell.

I wrote to Hirobo asking if they plan to introduce a 2.4GHz version (before I placed my order). They replied and said they have no plans to release a 2.4GHz version. So, I bought the FM frequency checker for added safety.

I've had a Thunder Tiger Mini Titan E325 for quite awhile, and I practice on a G4 sim. I've done a little nose-in hovering with the Mini, but my progress has been terribly slow. I'm hoping the Quark will give me hands-on training to fine-tune my sense of flight orientation.

If the Quark is as good as everyone says it is, it may be a turning point for me in developing my flying skills.

Thanks to everyone for the valuable input on this forum thread.
[/quote)

Welcome! I've had a lot of flying with my Quark (VS a lot of ground time/repairs/setup with other Helis). Yes the training is super and cheap. I still look at other helicpters but when i think abput the hasell of crashing... etc. I dont even consider buying somthing else.

I have two original battery's which I use almoust daily, morning and evening,
80% good flying time for me. Every 5 or 7 flight, I spend 15 to 20 minutes changing blades/laminating and adjusting pitch, that's all

Cheers!
here is the bird....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl28324.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	1116578  
Old 01-22-2009, 01:19 AM
TTMT

HeliYogi,

Why do you replace the blades so often? Also, looks like you clipped off the tabs on the right skid, correct?

I would imagine, if you have decent experience on a sim and, like me, have reasonably decent experience with maneuvering a 450 class Mini Titan (including brief nose-in hover), you probably don't need the tabs to compensate for lateral drift at take off.

Thanks.
Old 01-22-2009, 11:56 AM
HeliYogi

Why do I replace the blades? Well I guess I crash a lot (lol)! Never flown a 450, Sim yes, but I got my wings the old fashion way... crashing! [X(]

The first heli I was able to control was the coaxial Hirobo XRB, a year or more latter I got the Quark.

To anyone starting to fly I recommend "Rads School or Rotary Fly Manual" a must for all novice pilots, the link is posted in this forum

I like the skids clean, compensating is easy, I did have a couple occasions were the little tabs hit something or got stuck in landings (not good) specially in thick carpet.

Have you crash your titan or the 450?
Cheers
Old 01-23-2009, 02:42 PM
TTMT

What typically causes you to crash the Quark?

I've just hovered mine off the floor in my home to check out basic function. It needs a little trimming, but it flies well and is very quiet. I was surprised just how small it really is.

I've been working to fly my Thunder Tiger Mini Titan for maybe 1 1/2 years now. I can fly it okay as long as it doesn't get too high and if I avoid situations where it flies toward me. As it gets higher, I find my sense of visual orientation becomes confused. Like, is it level or tilting in pitch or roll.

I read or heard of a technique for nose-in flight that has worked very well for me. Basically, it's push the cyclic stick in the direction of the "problem." For instance, if the heli begins to drift back from me, I push the stick in that direction to correct the problem. Likewise, if it drifts left, I apply left cyclic and it recovers.

Trouble is, sometimes I have a brain freeze and loose my bearings - and down it goes. So, I'm a nervous pilot when I try to push my skills with the Mini. In fairness, it's me, not the heli. The Mini is very stable and flies beautifly. I can fly it left and right across in front of me (pretty much side-on) and hover and land it without incident. But I still can't fly basic circuit patterns.

When the FMA Direct Co-Pilot II flight stabilizer is released (soon), I plan to add one to the Mini (maybe by summer). This will give me piece of mind knowing I can let go of the sticks and the Co-Pilot II will recover my heli before I crash. That ought to calm my nerves so I can push my skill level.

In the meantime, I hope the Quark will allow me to practice nose-in and other flight postures with less tension due to its inherent stability. The positive reviews about the Quark are so strong, I decided it would be a good investment.

Ultimately, though, my goal is to be able to competently fly a full collective pitch model. I want to buy a scale MD-530 for my Mini when I can fly safely and not destroy it so I can pursue scale flying.

Sorry for being long-winded.

Old 01-25-2009, 07:08 PM
TTMT

Well, I've been through three battery charges and, so far, I'm VERY happy with my Quark. I've spent a fair amount of my battery time fine tuning the gyro hold using the second rudder pot. Like my experience with a Blade CX, this adjustment is extemely delicate, but I was never able to get a CX to hover without yaw drift. In contrast, my Quark is nearly perfect with a negligable amount of ever-so-slight tail drift.

I'm waiting for a charging adapter from Greg Mitchell so I can charge the extra battery I bought from him on my Hyperion 6061i charger. I can't wait for more flight time with the second battery. I'll be buying more batteries later.

The Quark is going to incredibly helpful in training for my Mini Titan.

I'm one very happy new Quark owner. I appreciate all the valuable input on this thread.
Old 01-25-2009, 08:17 PM
siul136

hello guys any know how adjust the pitch blades on hirobo quark????

i see that my Quark after a littler crash need more elevation on the remote control to elevate the heli. so i think that is the pitch because both screw ( screw to adjust the pitch) have diferent position.
so i put both to the same position but i am uncertain if are on correct position. or if this affect the elevation ???

if any can help me to find basic information to adjust this thing... i be grateful

Note: I am new on this hobby
Hirobo Quark is my fist heli and is amazing
Old 01-25-2009, 08:46 PM
TTMT

Okay, I finally crashed once due to user error in windy conditions. I crashed again do to user mis-judgement. The second crash occured when the heli went down on my lawn and I had no radio control over it (I think the battery power was too low).

I've replaced the same side of the main rotor twice now. The other side has a knick in it, but it's near the blade grip, so I'm going to try to continue flying with it.

The model flies beautifly. I'm really getting great nose-in training. I've landed and taken-off nose-in twice. Never done that before !!

I don't want to laminate my main rotors - too much strain on motor and other parts. I figure they designed it this way to keep repair costs down - let the blades break and absorb the blow.

Where can I get the cheapest blades. Amainhobbies.com is the cheapest I've found so far at $16.99 per box. That's a little pricey for molded foam and a little plastic support at the end.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:14 PM
LiqrSicc

So has anybody tried the CF blades yet? Some feedback would be great. Thanks
Old 01-27-2009, 02:39 AM
TTMT

ORIGINAL: LiqrSicc

So has anybody tried the CF blades yet? Some feedback would be great. Thanks
For what it's worth, between what I've read in this thread and my own experience thus far, I think CF blades may not be a good choice for the Quark. As another user pointed out, CF blades likely would transfer crash impact to the main rotor head components and/or the tail drive gears causing greater damage. In contrast, foam blades absorb much of the impact and spare the more expensive and harder to repair components.

Just some thoughts to consider.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:05 AM
wgulya

I am looking for CF blades for the SRB Quark.. Can anyone tell me what type, part number, manufacture ect?
Thanking you in advance.

WG
Old 02-01-2009, 02:25 PM
TTMT

See page one of this thread, Dave ESPI pointed to www.jutstar.com as a CF blade source. I've looked at the site and they do see them for $55 a set.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:45 AM
jrizzle
My Feedback: (16)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I am not new to the Quark but I am new to the Quark brotherhood or QB. LOL I wish that people would just save their money and get one! I agree that we need a following to get really good aftermarket support. BTW does anyone else see Hirobo doing a CP version sometime?? Just thought that the new Walkera 4G3 would be on their minds. This is a great thread and I will keep posting.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:13 PM
HeliYogi

For pitch/RPM speed main rotor adjustments adjustment just fallow the manual page 27, be sure to have tracking adjusted first: page 23 check also one point page 25 (square lines with wash and stabilizer alinged).

If you don't have the manual let me know.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.