Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

humming bird help

Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

humming bird help

Old 04-25-2003, 09:44 AM
ziomatrixacs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default humming bird help

hey all i got a humming bird but every time i lift off the ground it spins clock wise i dont have atv revo mixing or any thing else like that i have to use all my trim and my stick to the left just to get it to stop so can n e one plz help o yeah i have a jr quattro and century gyro if that helps
Old 04-25-2003, 01:52 PM
jeffs555

It sounds like you have your gyro mounted upside down. If it has a reversing switch use it, if not then rotatate the gyro 180 degrees so that the top and bottom are reversed.

Jeff
Old 04-25-2003, 02:34 PM
ziomatrixacs

Default try it

i tyrd that be for when i do that its so out of controle its kinda funny and ammazing lol
Old 04-25-2003, 03:00 PM
kenru

ziomatrixacs,

Can I recommend a program from http://www.iespell.com/. They have a shareware spelling program that integrates into IE Explorer. It would make it much easier to help you if we could understand what you are trying to say...
Old 04-25-2003, 03:29 PM
ziomatrixacs

grrr i know how 2 spell lol i type 2 fast so i guess i gotta slow down lol
Old 04-25-2003, 04:26 PM
ziomatrixacs

dose any one know where to get a good low cost micro heading hold gyro for my humming bird cause i did every thing but reversing my tail rotor ch but in the addendum instructions on century it tells me to reverse the throttle ch i even played with the gyro gain but it still goes clockwise like the tail want to follow the main rotor so if any one else got the jr quattro humming board and the same problem as me but fixed it ,plz help me fix it lol and thanks in advance
Old 04-27-2003, 02:02 AM
rotortiller

Default possible help?

I have the GWS PG-03 gyro found on:

http://www.helihobby.com/html/hummin..._products.html

for 49.50

But yours should work.

I have this set up as they ssaid to do it. THere is a green/red light. It is green when you move the tail one way and red in the other direction. At stable idle it should be a bit of both colors.

The problem I have is that it works fine at hover but when you back off to land it spins about 1/4 turn to the right I think. so I have to counter it. This might be because the tail motor hit the ground hard once and the axle is a bit bent. As a result it does not mesh well with the tail gear/rotor. I have it a bit on the loose side so that it runs up smooth but it probably does not turn easily enough at low RPM and thus turns.

However I believe the direction it turns is to the right which means it is turning to easily and over riding the main rotor torque??

Maybe I need it tighter.

What does yours do if you bypass the gyro (if possible) and must have the mixing ?

You might want to check out
http://www.helihobby.com/html/separate_electronics.html
and see how this relates to what you are using and check out their suggestions on tuning it.
Old 04-27-2003, 02:28 AM
ziomatrixacs

wow they got a lot of new stuff i think i gunna get a CSM HLG200 with Heading Lock for about 90 i almost got my gyro figured out it seemed like it was to sensitive and in stead of dampening it started pushing to hard and went clock wise so i mounted it in the front ,on the motor lik century said i think this canges the leverage and makes t less sensitive,if that is the case...it might of got broken when my dad crashed it ,it was bout 10ft and he did chopstick and broke a suport strut tail blade and not one but two of the legs on my homemade training gear when this happend i had the gyro under the tail boom so it might of got smacked by the flying tail support