Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Will This Motor Mount???

Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Will This Motor Mount???

Old 04-07-2008, 08:23 PM
PedeBeater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will This Motor Mount???

Will tis motor drop into a Honey Bee King 2? It says that this motor is designed for 450 size heli's, but in one of the reviews a guy claims he is running it in his HBK2. The main thing I am worried about is the space between mounting holes.

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=6316

All comments and opinions are greatly apreciated, thank you.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:54 PM
Druss

Default RE: Will This Motor Mount???

Not sure whether it would fit, most motors have two sets of mounting holes, one set are closer together than the other set. It should fit, if the holes don't line up then just turn the motor 90 deg and check again.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:01 PM
PedeBeater

Thanks a lot Druss, you have been a great help. It would be better if they specifide all of this stuff on there site. The quality always turns out good though.

Thanks again for your help.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:10 PM
choppersrule

PedBeater,

Druss is right, two sets of mounting holes. It's okay fine until you get into the 600 size helicopter. 450's and 300's mountings are the same size.. Great price too!

Dave / Choppersrule

ORIGINAL: PedeBeater

Thanks a lot Druss, you have been a great help. It would be better if they specifide all of this stuff on there site. The quality always turns out good though.

Thanks again for your help.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:37 PM
ArrowNaughtic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep in mind the dimensions of the "motor can", On the site you linked to it says 28.4mm ...................... Check the dimensions of your mounting plate for the motor on the HBK2. I think it is only 28mm. You might have to do some modding to the mount to get it to fit. If you do get it and its too big......... Get a spacer plate for under the motor and longer screws, don't cut away the entire "flange" that encircles the motor. It weakens the frame at the motor mount and is very prone to breaking.
That looks to be an excellent choice in motor for ballistic flying.......... just keep in mind it may not be a drop in replacement.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________

Of all the things I ever lost....................................... I miss my mind the most!
Old 04-08-2008, 06:50 PM
choppersrule

PedeBeater,

ArrowNaughtic is correct on all items.. Don't modify the main frame, I had two of the brake loose where the motor mounts and causes great havoc, with gear mesh.. Spacer is the trick..

Dave / Choppersrule
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23600.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	61.5 KB
ID:	925459   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh19521.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	925460  
Old 04-08-2008, 06:56 PM
PedeBeater

Thanks. I have another question. Do these heli's use 48 pitch gears? (specificly pinions)

Thanks for all of the help
Old 04-08-2008, 07:32 PM
choppersrule

PedeBeater,

Very good question, however, I don't have a clue. I do know that the if the wrong pitch gear is used it can / will cause premature wear on the main gear and can cause some crazy noise too. Hopefully, someone will chime in and give us an answer. Then I'll learn something too.

Sorry, can't help on this one,

Dave / Choppersrule
================================================== ==============================
ORIGINAL: PedeBeater

Thanks. I have another question. Do these heli's use 48 pitch gears? (specificly pinions)

Thanks for all of the help