Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gazaur Mars 480

I did not find a thread started so I thought I would start one.

I recently purchased a Mars 480 and I have started flying it.
    I am running Tower pro 9g Servos for everything at the moment(gear set coming for my Futaba 9257)
    450 HDX motor
    Hobby Wing 35 amp ESC
    Futaba 401 Gyro
    Spektrum DX6i TX with 6100 RX

I am having problems with the tail drifting, so I am hoping the 9257 will eliminate that.
    Here is a slide show I put together of the build and pics my wife took
    Mars Build
    Blade CX2/Axe CP/ Trex 450 SE v2/Gazaur Mars 480/TRex 500 GF

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Gazaur Mars 480

hey edwin i cant stop drooling over your new mars 480. [X(]. looks fantastic! i like the music too. all it needs is the canopy decor. glad to hear that its finally airborne. was it difficult to put together and setup? also what size are the main blades? i gotta have one!
    Trex 550e FBL - Scorpion 4025-1100kv -18T , CC ICE100, CC bec pro, Mikado Mini-Vstabi , DS610 cyclic, DS650 on tail.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

No...it was not to hard to put together. I have paint for the canopy and will work on it this week. Should have it done before the end of the week.
    The only two compalints I have are; 1.The kit comes partially assembled but the instructions are for a complete build. So you have to go through them carefully to make sure you don't miss something. 2. You have to cut out the canopy...lots of work.
    The stock blades are 340mm...it will run 325's though and I may put on a set of CF 325's I have laying around to see how they handle.
    FF and hovering with it have been pretty good. Once I get rid of the tail wag I think it will be a very nice heli to fly!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wanted: Mars480 fliers!
    Get your Mars480 today before its price goes up like gas.. lol

My Mars is getting setup for the DX6i at the LHS.. it will take at least a week before i can get it back due to the busy season they are having.. Yup, i'm getting good compliments about it.. only one guy had the guts to comment that it's just a generic heli from taiwan.. lol I don't care what they say, How could a generic Heli look very different from the others? I'm a proud mars480 owner!

Heres what i have for my mars480:
    Lingo 4100kv brushless motor w/13t pinion
    GY401 w/futaba9257 servo... wooohooooo!
    40amp turnigy esc
    cheap cyclic servos
    DX6i

Hey Ed.. i'm pretty sure the 9257 would fix the tail.. but then again.. how would i know

o/^ i hope it don't rain o/^ Helitubbies wants to play o/^
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wu60760.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	976567   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jg13908.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	976568   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wu61732.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	68.3 KB 
ID:	976569   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xs58594.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	976570  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey ed, nice lookin bird! Where'd you order from and how much. Thanks
    walkera 5#10 metal / falcon 40 / belt cp / blackhawk 450SE

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

droggy.. 230$ for the gf kit and 265$ for the cf kit.. very decent price for an expensive looking heli.. very well made too [8D] The Bird <this new site is based in florida so you don't have to order it straight from taiwan.. shipping fee for regular mail is under 4$ , you can't beat that specially when they are giving away free stuff if you order a kit..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thanks for the info tubby! Great price
    walkera 5#10 metal / falcon 40 / belt cp / blackhawk 450SE

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

holy crap![X(]. thanks helitubies. the address to the link says that its in apopka fl. i know where that is and i can get there in 20 minutes from where i live.. i will call them tommorrow. this just gets better and better.
    Trex 550e FBL - Scorpion 4025-1100kv -18T , CC ICE100, CC bec pro, Mikado Mini-Vstabi , DS610 cyclic, DS650 on tail.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Why is it everything has to be in florida?! [sm=angry_smile.gif] How about my place, why can't i get some of the good stuff locally?! [:@].. lol Disneyworld in Florida, How about Disney on Ice in Alaska?

Here's a pic of my crossbreed.. BlackHawk 450 w/mars480 rotorhead with all the sticky blings

Name:	Ro41808.jpg 
Size:	47.6 KB 
ID:	976611   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cy77254.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	976612   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jo31420.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	49.2 KB 
ID:	976613  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Noob...you're an animal...or you have waaaaayyyy too much money to spend! ROFL [sm=lol.gif]
    HeliTubbies...the reason is because you guys only have nice weather for what, like 2 months out of the year?!?!?! Florida is like always nice! It was funny...I went to visit my daughter in Orlando during Christmas and she was complaining about 60* days and 40* nights....in New Mexico we were barely getting to 40* during the days...so I was in heaven there.
    I plan on getting the Hitec HS65MG's for the cyclic as soon as possible and upgrading my motor...the 450HDX, I don't trust really...
    Wish I had seen the sight in Florida sooner...I would have saved $ in shipping...oh well...it is nice to know there is some else here in the states that is now carrying parts...so along with Hobby Lobby we should be able to get anything we might ever need.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

just came back from mars480.com. i had a 3 hour talk with the owner Dave. He just started his business from his home. I called him up to see if I could stop by and he invited me into his home. Dave is courteous and honest. he showed me all the kits he had and all the parts. I was in awe when i saw the mars and poseidon. [X(]. what an awesome helis these birds are. . he even fired up the posideon and the mars so i could see it in action. didn't do much but hover in his garage. it is an extremely stable helicopter. its almost as big as the trex 500. when he fired it up so did my eyes. so much power and potential. I told him that almost nobody carries this excellent helicopter in USA except hobby-lobby.

i decided to pick up the mars480 gf kit for $229. Dave gave me an extra set of blades and the outdoor first aid kit.

I also noticed that the tail blades already have the counter weight like the chinese tail mod. Looks like the designer took his time and build this helicopter right. I will post pics of the kit and parts later.

Dave if you're reading this thank you for your hospitality today and you now have a faithful customer.

Looks like i'm a new member of the mars480 club.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

heres the kit i just got from dave at mars480.com

i am a very happy camper!

Name:	Pn35604.jpg 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	977286   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yt62241.jpg 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	977287   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bg94136.jpg 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	977288  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Noob, you make me laugh dude!
    I can hardly wait to see your completed bird!
    What was Dave running in his helis? Did you ask? I am first going to upgrade my motor, then new servos. I am debating on motors....considering the Gazaur Lingo 8 V1, or maybe the V2...or Medusa Research 3400kv- V2...also considering the Align 430X...I am looking for 6-8 minutes of flight time...other wise I would just go with a Scorpion motor and ESC....I like the Gazaur motor because it runs max 30 amps and I can run my hobby wing 35amp ESC on it...but I know they are running the 55 amp ESC....just curious if it will work...too many questions and options
    I threw in what I had to get it flying, but it deserves much more.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

edwin, i had a real good look at the mars Dave was running. Its the lingo 8 with the 55a esc. my god man this motor and esc is incredible. it will run circles around the trex 450. it is very pricey indeed. the esc is 99 bucks and the the motor is 68 bucks. i going to get this combo and install it on my new bird. the power is unbelievable. Dave said he can run 10 minutes with his thunderpower 2200mah 25c lipo. I must caution you that Dave is also an novice flyer. He doesn't fly in idle up so the run time might be lower with idle up on. When i talked to him on the phone he said to bring my trex to fly around in his yard. he was surprised by the trex performance and said that my trex was handling very good with lots of power. I did one flip and he was amazed. looks like i may have a new flying buddy.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I don't think i'm gonna start building it just yet. i gotta have all the parts first. he's my plan for it:

lingo 8 v1
    55a esc
    hs65hb on cyclic
    gy401 and 9650 on tail duty

cant wait till i have all the parts for it so i can start building.

it shouldn't be too long. probably by the end of next week this new beast will be up in the air.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wazzup! What the heck do you do for a living noob.. you are just throwing in the dough like nothing.. lol.. Woohooo! another mars480 flier! I cant wait to get my mars480 back from the LHS.. I have the lingo 8 4100 i cant wait to feel its power, maybe 13t pinion would be too much []
    I'm thinking of getting a poseidon I'm expecting my exi 450zl tomorrow.. i might not get it up flying but it would be an excellent shelf display for now at least for a couple of months.. i want to get a 2nd gy401 to go with my BH and get it perfectly tuned up first before anything else.. and by the way, i still need a lot of work with my hovering

I wake up looking for them and fall asleep at night staring at them

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

noob.. you definitely need to get the motor and the cyclic servos mounted in first before you start buiding the parts around it.. i put together what i could then came all the electronics for it.. next thing i knew i was unscrewing bolts just to get the motor and the cyclic servos in.. lol

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

you two need help...lots and lots of help.
    Don't wait too long Noob....I want video of you flying that baby as soon as possible!!!!! Ten minutes in normal mode should equate to about 5-6 minutes in idle up I am guessing...I am probably going to order the motor and ESC from Dave then next week. And get some HS65MGs for it as well
    I have planned and started the tape off of my canopy....it is going to take some time to complete as I am going with 3 colors...Purple, blue accents and black for the windsheild...I hope it turns out ok [8D]
    The wife has decided she wants a jet tub instead of a video camera....so I guess no videos of me flying any time soon []
    I did not get to fly today as our winds were up again....yucky weather is bumming me out.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hey noob i want to see the videos too![sm=49_49.gif] get all the parts you need before the weekend dude [sm=spinnyeyes.gif] get it up and flying this weekend.. you are getting the parts no matter what, why wait till next week.. lol [sm=teeth_smile.gif]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i do need help.. i cant stop. i too go to sleep staring at my helis and wakeup looking at them again. i even put it up and stare at it before i go to work.

I'm a network administrator for a big cable company. lol. all my money keeps disappearing. i used to be heavily into cars. i recently traded my porsche boxster for a scion tc. probably the best decision i made in a long time. that car was a huge money pit. oil change is 150 bucks. tune ups at 1500 bucks. i would go through 2 sets of rear tires at 250 bucks a pop very year. so all the money i saved by dumping that car is going to my helis.

i looked over the manual and decided not to build until i have the servos and motor. i didn't want to loctite the screws only to go back and take them off for the installation of the servos and motor. Edwin i will defintely film this one for you and helitubbies. Hopefully others will join in on our revolution.

This is by far the sexiest helicopter i have ever own or seen.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi guys, sounds like you are having alot of fun with your MARS Heli's!

There is a big publicity spread of this Mars Heli in the June edition of my model helicopter magazine.
    As you state, quite bold styling, also a very unique Skid design!

HeLiTuBBies, what happened to the Mars (leg) skids!?? They help give the Mars it's uniqueness, and it's exteme styling - get them back on, you are cheating putting regular Heli skids on there [joke] Looking forward to seeing your Videos and flight reviews!..
    - Thunder Tiger Mini Titan (450, e-CCPM)
    - E-Flite Blade CX2 (micro, Coaxial)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

H3li....that pic is of Helitubbies Black Hawk 450...not his Mars 480....Not sure why he put on the Mars thread....lol...but I don't think he is all there because of heli fever!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

lol....helitubies defintely got a fever. he's going heli crazy. cant blame him though. this is the best hobby on the planet. very expensive yes but extremely rewarding.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ummmm...noob...I don't think you have much room to talk my friend ROFLLMAO
    The list of helis in your signature is impressive! You are going to have a paragraph soon to be able to hold them all...lol
    But yes I agree...it is an addicting hobby, that is for sure!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Oh BTW...the first color (blue) of paint is complete on the mars canopy...I will post pics of it in the morning after it has had time to dry....

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast