Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis
Reload this Page >

Newbie getting into the hobby

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Helis Discuss electric rc heli's such as the Piccolo, Logo 10, Logo 20, Hornet, Eco.

Newbie getting into the hobby

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 10:14 PM
bigjay302

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie getting into the hobby

Alright, I sat here for over 2 hours and read as many posts as I could about a newb getting into the electric micro heli world and I am still undecided.
My father has a Blade CX-2 and I can handle and control that but it feels very limiting to me. But I also read that the CP Pros are a ***** to handle as a newb or slightly experienced flyer but if you can then you can fly anything. I am very interested in being able to fly inverted and do some stunts. I understand that this is not a hobby that you just pay an initial fee to get into and then you're done with buying stuff, it is expensive I have about $250 to spend and I really want to get the Blade CP Pro 2 when it is available. The main selling point is the fact that I have some E-flight experiece and the parts are available at my local lhs. Don't be angry or frustrated that there is another post about the same thing again. I tried to answer my own question by reading on the forum but I still need guidance. I have a traxxas revo with an os .18 on it and am ready to get into something that will challange me more than a nitro truck.
Old 06-24-2008, 10:32 PM
Druss

Default RE: Newbie getting into the hobby

The only thing I don't like about the entire blade cp line are the tail motors. A belt driven tail is so much superior to a motor driven tail. I can understand the whole local hobby store thing too but I tend to buy my parts online anyway.

I'm sure you'll get a lot of advise, that's mine... tail motors are bad.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:28 PM
noobflyer01

i agree with druss. you need a belt driven tail. if you can build then buying a kit is the way to go. if not the belt cp is 189.99 rtf. the belt cp would be superior to the blade cp.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:47 AM
H3li

I have to agree with the N00b above! ...For your budget, go for the Belt CP.
It is fully capable of 3D flying and actually comes in around your budget. Plus as the name suggests, the tail is belt driven - nice and reliable and stable.

Parts are cheap to replace plus there is a vast amount of upgrade metal and carbon, should you be interested in going down that route. All the best.
Old 06-25-2008, 04:48 AM
bigjay302

I knew you fine people wouldn't let me down. I am going to be picking one up next weekend hopefully and then we can post some pics and vids of the first flight and crash hehe. Thanks a ton, you have really eased my mind
Old 06-25-2008, 05:37 AM
H3li

BigJay - sounds great! What package did you go for in the end?
I'm sure you will find your new purchase ALOT of fun... thats IF your Dad lets you have the Belt CP back, after you let him have a go!

Don't forget some training gear, it will help prevent the Heli tip over, during your few hops.

Look forward to checking out your Pics and Vids once you put them up!
Old 06-25-2008, 04:46 PM
bigjay302

H3li- i am going to go with the belt cp, i just have to wait for my birthday lol. yes i am a 25 year old man with a wife, baby, house, car payment, full time job and school but i have to wait for my birthday money like when i was 12 lol.
But i am a pretty smart guy so if people know what i want and what i can spend and what i am planning to do with it and i go against their advice then i am just ignorant hehe. My b-day is july 6th and i plan on aquiring more than enough for the heli, training gear and some spare blades [X(]. Thanks again people and i look forward to asking you stupid questions about simple things in the near future
Old 06-25-2008, 05:27 PM
Deftones123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol my birthday is also july 6th, and I am also waiting on my birthday money to buy a new heli, which my wife says also lol
Old 06-25-2008, 05:46 PM
bigjay302

GUESS WHAT!!!! My wife said i can buy it now but when i get all my loot together i have to give it to her to put back into our savings lol. Ordering as we speak YES!!!!!!
Old 06-25-2008, 06:26 PM
Deftones123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice, thats what I will be ordering soon
Old 06-25-2008, 06:33 PM
bigjay302

ok about to order from ushobbysupply.com
Belt Cp- 196.99
Tail rotor blades-3- 7.80
Durable Main Rotor Blades-5- 32.50 - these come with a 1mm shim so they work on the belt cp and it says they have been tested. Any thoughts?
shipping- 9.05 1-3 day delivery
Total- 246.34
Old 07-06-2008, 06:10 AM
Navy_1

Welcom to teh Hobbie and lerning to tame the drunk squrel i have just moved up to a Belt cp from a Falcon 40 my thought would be buy a fixed pitch un till you get the basicks like tail in nose in and hover down the parts are much more cheaper so you wount kill you self and then work you way to a CP bird the abilty to chop the throttle and save the bird is there ,with a CP you use throttle hold and when you crash you throttle is still on you have to chop it insted of just dropping the left stick. just my thought Good luck with what ever you pick its a lot of fun and Michel as UShobbies is a great guy